Enough of the nightmare team

Kyngzilla
265 posts Member
edited May 2018
I hung around this half Sith half rebel meta for as long as I could but now I'm getting slaughtered in arena.

When it comes to facing Palp (L) Vader, Sion, Nihilus, I can't beat it. Fracture Sion and Nihilus goes off. Fracture Nihilus Palp goes of and Sion protecsts him, so on and so forth.

I plan on adding Marr once she's available to farm, but for the time being any suggestions on how to beat this meta? I anticipate it will get worse with Sion farmable.

Swgoh.gg profile.

https://swgoh.gg/u/zilla/collection/
Post edited by Kyngzilla on

Replies

• ponce104
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Your subject says you've had enough, but the contents of your posts says that's a lie.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    ponce104 wrote: »
    Your subject says you've had enough, but the contents of your posts says that's a lie.

No, it's just open ended.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I use zzthrawn as leader, palp, imp tie, tarkin and cls (tie thrawn and cls gr 12+1/2, palp tarkin gr11. Thrawn leadership almost bring down every meta team i fight, doing the math 4 of 5 battles agaist meta i win them, thrawns leadership makes everything easier, and the z is no necessary, i put to give him an extra boost. Read the ability and try it. Round up at top 150 at my collect hour.
    Try it out, good luck.
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    Options
    ponce104 wrote: »

Awesome help and advice. Cool, thanks I'll apply it right away....
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    Options
    tonyelogro wrote: »
    I use zzthrawn as leader, palp, imp tie, tarkin and cls (tie thrawn and cls gr 12+1/2, palp tarkin gr11. Thrawn leadership almost bring down every meta team i fight, doing the math 4 of 5 battles agaist meta i win them, thrawns leadership makes everything easier, and the z is no necessary, i put to give him an extra boost. Read the ability and try it. Round up at top 150 at my collect hour.
    Try it out, good luck.

Adding CLS seems interesting. Having two that can stand up to Palps stun. I'll try him out.

My Palp is trash, but I am a few pieces from The being G12.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Kyngzilla wrote: »
    I hung around this half Sith half rebel meta for as long as I could but now I'm getting slaughtered in arena.

When it comes to facing Palp (L) Vader, Sion, Nihilus, I can't beat it. Fracture Sion and Nihilus goes off. Fracture Nihilus Palp goes of and Sion protecsts him, so on and so forth.

I plan on adding Marr once she's available to farm, but for the time being any suggestions on how to beat this meta? I anticipate it will get worse with Sion farmable.

Swgoh.gg profile.

REBELS. I run CLS, HAN, CHAZE, R2. Nightmare teams are not much trouble. Stun EP, Thrawn, burn em down. *shrug*. Scion, detaunt him with CLS, etc..
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Run a set of tenacity mods with + tenacity multiplexer? Avoid pain + taunt from Sion in the first place and the shock/stuns from Palp.
  • Options
    Thrawn, Magma, Veers, Starck, and Snow/Death. Magma gains 90% TM when attacking zSion and will machine gun the other squad.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyngzilla erm did you miss the big thread in the arena section about Rex as a leader. There are even videos in there to show you how to beat top end EP teams.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    There's room for improvement. In general you want your Thrawn as fast as possible. Also consider, wether you could benefit from switching one of your speed sets with mods with high speed secondaries. It looks like you have several good speed secondary mods on toons outside your arena team. An example:

https://swgoh.gg/u/zilla/mods/?slot_1=1&stat2_5=1
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    @Kyngzilla erm did you miss the big thread in the arena section about Rex as a leader. There are even videos in there to show you how to beat top end EP teams.

I dunno why people here can't just offer help and advice without the snark. Is it really that hard?

Erm... Clearly I must have if I posted this, and if you were really interested in offering help, why not link to it?

"Hey here you go this might help, link,"

But thanks.
  • Options
    I poop on Palpatine teams just by using Rex lead lol. I only lose when I make a missplay cause I battle very fast and some times don't pay attention to what I click.
  • Options
    Rex.
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    There's room for improvement. In general you want your Thrawn as fast as possible. Also consider, wether you could benefit from switching one of your speed sets with mods with high speed secondaries. It looks like you have several good speed secondary mods on toons outside your arena team. An example:

https://swgoh.gg/u/zilla/mods/?slot_1=1&stat2_5=1

True. Just got a hold of that 20 secondary. I have a few outside for raid purposes, but as I move to posting 0 on the rancor and we progress on the AAT/HAAT, I should reevaluate my mods.

Thanks. I'll take a look at that Iver the weekend.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    First order walks through it like nothing.....

Between the two Kylos, keep palp and nihilus stunned..... Use the rest on Sion until he is gone.... Then keep palp stunned and eliminate nihilus before he uses annihilate.... Shift your attention to palp then clean out the rest.....
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn, Magma, Veers, Starck, and Snow/Death. Magma gains 90% TM when attacking zSion and will machine gun the other squad.

Interesting. I just took a look at that and how it would work. Def need to gear up my Magma, but I think I'll have time before Sion completely takes over.
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    Options
    Found some good possibilities and feedback. So greatly appreciated.

Any thoughts on Marr squad comp to counter the Sith revival coming?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Found some good possibilities and feedback. So greatly appreciated.

Any thoughts on Marr squad comp to counter the Sith revival coming?

I like marr, a lot actually..... But they called in not giving her a Jedi tag..... Means you lose.out on putting a toon in her slot that can gain and share synergy....
  • Options

Swgoh.gg profile.

Your account is a crime, all the wrong focuses! G8 Rex, r2, Nihilus? You have g12 imperial commando, Krennic, Savage? No general Kenobi and 6 star Han? Where have you been man?
    This is probably the most confusing account I had to assess, I can't tell how long you've played because you don't have Kenobi unlocked and your raid Han is 7 stars. Of course you are going to struggle against Empire and Palpatine teams because you've neglected the most important characters for arena so that's clearly on you... I don't know what you were thinking when you geared Imp commando, Krennic and Savage to g12 when your Han is gear 6 and R2, Rex and Nihilus are gear 8.

You obviously love the dark side and you have played more how you enjoy and less of how you should for the meta so I'm sorry to inform you but you must now deal with the consequences of your actions
  • Options
    @Kyngzilla I used the word "crime" a little out of place there, I didn't mean it to sound offensive, your account is just full of mistakes which I explained above. I know the feeling of wanting to gear certain characters that you like, but never ignore the meta if you care about arena
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Targeting the meta can be extremely difficult depending on when you join the game. If you come in right before it shifts, and nobody knows until just before what it will shift to then you're screwed. Unless by chance you happened to be farming the next Meta by dumb luck.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Options

Swgoh.gg profile.

Fracture Palpatine then take him out then Nihilus Sion and then the rest . Palpatine can do serious damage if he is allowed to stun . While Nihilus is dangerous he needs 5 turns to take out a character with annihilate
  • Options
    Click bait
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Kyngzilla I used the word "crime" a little out of place there, I didn't mean it to sound offensive, your account is just full of mistakes which I explained above. I know the feeling of wanting to gear certain characters that you like, but never ignore the meta if you care about arena

I've been playing this game for a long time. I don't chase the meta, I find ways to beat it.

I'm thinking ahead right now. I've faced a few spenders who have 4 or 5 star Scion and with him being farmable I know I'll face more, there's already a 5 or 6 star Traya in my shard.

Empire and troopers are versitile enough to faced off against most teams. I consistently finish in the top 100. 150 if I forget or I'm busy around payout time.

Don't worry though someone gave me an insight on how 5o beat this future meta.

I like empire sue me. I'm chasing the unofficial achievement of having all G12 and zetad Empire.

They have treated me well so far.

And yeah you came across like a pompus Yelper. You didn't "have" to assess anything. There is not a mistake if you are having fun playing this game. GAME.

And I am and I'm doing AOK.

Thanks tho.
    Post edited by Kyngzilla on
  • Options
    Cls han chewbacca thrawn and jtr. I cut through them like butta. I kill palp first fracture soon and go after niley.
  • Options
    ... check the last post date. It helps a lot.