FO Full Zeta Squad -- Who/When to replace?

Oneohm
17 posts Member
I'm currently running all G12 full zeta'd KRU, Kylo, FOO, FOTP, and FOST. I have FOX and FOSFTP both at G10.

It seems like the best option here is to replace Kylo with FOX as FOX provides 10% turn meter on crit (which is almost every attack) and a dispel. Is this the right option?

Should I replace one toon right now with a G10 or should I gear them up further? I'm on an older shard (Sept 2016) and hover around 100 in arena, so I don't know how much higher I'll be able to go with FO. I chew through Palp and NS teams but have trouble with CLS teams.

Thanks!

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    FOX replacing FOTP perhaps. Kylo is a freight train so I'd keep him in, and FOX has stacking max health so throw a full set of critical chance mods on him with a critical chance holo-array.
  • Risz
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Replace FOTP with FOX and you have the best possible line up for FO atm, but wait for at least G11 to put in FOX as he will not have enough survivability and will deal less dmg than FOTP
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Fotp is very very squishy, and will easily be focus killed on defense. My preferred all FO squad is definitely krum/kylo/foo/fox/fost. The AI is very bad at handling fotp/fosftp on defense, although on offense I would probably drop old kylo for FOSF once he's g11 at at least.
  • Options
    From my experience,I would replace FOTP with FOX as @Vendi1983 said. Kylo really is one of the best damage dealers. He has helped me out so much with killing of people. People like Chirrut who constantly gain health, just 19K him and no worries. Plus, once he's zKylo, he's a beast. Gaining 15% protection on an attack he deals often, which as I mentioned before, does much damage.
    "Who deserves what, is irrelevant. What matters is... who has power."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    Another vote for FOX to replace FOTP.

At least for arena.

I've had significantly more success with FOX instead.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ditto. Fox replaces fotp. Also there are some good hybrid squads you can use to beat nightmare teams in arena. The lineup is kru, Fox, foo, rhan, thrawn. Stun vader with rhan, cast marching orders on fox and either use fox to dispel their tank if their tank has pretaunt or hit palp if not, kru stuns thrawn, thrawn fractures sion, then kill palp and Nihilus. Your kru with +30 speed from his leader ability must be faster than your opponents thrawn or your thrawn has to be faster than your opponents thrawn. If your kru is slower than your opponents thrawn but your thrawn is faster than your opponents, you can fracture thrawn and stun sion instead. Not as good though. If you face a team without a pretaunt it’s super easy. Fox does enough damage to palpatinne (and removes his tm) so that palp either dies or he’s forced to use his heal instead of stun.

Whatever you do though don’t leave the hybrid squad in on defense. It’s a purely offensive squad and will drop like a rock on defense.
  • Options
    Im not saying you should replace FOTP entirely rather mix match teams that suit the current opposition, neither characters are bad but each is used for a different situation, FOTP excels in single target destruction while FOX is good for cleaning up weaker characters and removing turn meter, a lot of people say he is squishy but isnt that where FOST and KRU comes in? To soak up all the damage? Ive had the pleasure of getting to use both together and let me tell you, they absolutely can destroy powerful teams
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    FOST/krum double tank with ogkylo and FOX is a TM machine (not up to zzEP level, but still excellent). KRUM will pass out advantage every time he's damaged, and spamming ogkylo's aoe will give 50% TM to everyone with advantage, while possibly resetting his CD's at the same time. FOST's zeta will spread ten down, healing immunity, DoT, and stack FOX's Max health ( from his unique) at a very fast pace, along with the TM to the assisting toons ( from KRUM lead ). It all stacks up really fast with krum/kylo/fox/fost. The 5th should be either FOO or FOSF ideally, since fotp is just too **** squishy. Fox will build up his health quickly enough that he isn't squishy for long, and you can actually afford to use a health primary on his circle, triangle, and cross, instead of a CC triangle or offense because of his unique boosting his offense based on his Max health. Crit chance isn't really needed with him, since he will almost always have advantage and his basic always scores a crit against debuffed enemies.

https://swgoh.gg/u/brakir/collection/?f=first-order

For DSTB, I always use krum/kylo/fox/foo/fost and haven't dropped any waves with them yet.
    For tw, I use them on defense running krum/fost/fox/kylo/zarris. It sounds strange to use her, but that squad has insane Regen capability against everything except top meta teams, and the abilities are so well ****-proof that the AI won't screw it up like it will if you use fotp/foo/fosf as the 5th. They haven't been taken 1:1 yet since I finished taking them to g12.
  • Oneohm
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'll drop FOX in my arena in place of FOTP and see how it goes.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    It's been said, but I'll say it once more to add legitimacy. FOE > FOTP.

Once FOE is G12, the gear you can stick on him makes him a monster. I am suddenly in contention for top 50 in arena in a Dec. '15 shard with him. Could almost never break 100 with zFOTP.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Among other things, Foes tm gain is what really sets him apart. He can often attack twice. If he uses his special and kills a character he gains 80% tm. If that hit was also a crit, he gets another 20% tm from krus lead, meaning he’s back at 100% tm. Since he’s pretty much always going to have advantage, he’s always going to crit. Even if the attack doesn’t kill someone but it crits, he gets 60% back, 40% from the skill and 20% from kru lead. This is not to mention he also gives 10% tm to other fo when he crits. Oh yah he also dispels and removes tm. He’s so much better than fotp it’s not even funny. Tankier than fotp too.
  • Options
    BrakirKY wrote: »
    FOST/krum double tank with ogkylo and FOX is a TM machine (not up to zzEP level, but still excellent). KRUM will pass out advantage every time he's damaged, and spamming ogkylo's aoe will give 50% TM to everyone with advantage, while possibly resetting his CD's at the same time. FOST's zeta will spread ten down, healing immunity, DoT, and stack FOX's Max health ( from his unique) at a very fast pace, along with the TM to the assisting toons ( from KRUM lead ). It all stacks up really fast with krum/kylo/fox/fost. The 5th should be either FOO or FOSF ideally, since fotp is just too **** squishy. Fox will build up his health quickly enough that he isn't squishy for long, and you can actually afford to use a health primary on his circle, triangle, and cross, instead of a CC triangle or offense because of his unique boosting his offense based on his Max health. Crit chance isn't really needed with him, since he will almost always have advantage and his basic always scores a crit against debuffed enemies.

For DSTB, I always use krum/kylo/fox/foo/fost and haven't dropped any waves with them yet.
    For tw, I use them on defense running krum/fost/fox/kylo/zarris. It sounds strange to use her, but that squad has insane Regen capability against everything except top meta teams, and the abilities are so well ****-proof that the AI won't screw it up like it will if you use fotp/foo/fosf as the 5th. They haven't been taken 1:1 yet since I finished taking them to g12.

Would Phasma not be better as the 5th over FOO or FOSF?
  • Options
    BrakirKY wrote: »

Would Phasma not be better as the 5th over FOO or FOSF?

Phasma cannot cleanse, give offense up+ten up and she cant remove turn meter and lower cooldowns on all FO, literally any other FO toon is better than Phasma just because they can do things that are much more valuable than what she can do

KRU, zFOST and FOO are the foundation of a FO team, Kylo Ren brings extra tm gain as well as a tanky hard hitting character, this leaves 5th open for either FOTP, FOE or FOSF, all potential candidates although FOE is most popular thanks to his tmr as well as dispell and the fact he can clean up the enemy squad
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Foo cannot be replaced in any fo squad really. Marching orders is just too strong.
  • Options
    First order generally isn’t great on defense unless they’re really well geared and modded but they slay on offense. Very very good for territory wars.
  • Oneohm
    17 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I've been using FOX instead of FOTP at G12 for a few days now and the difference is really noticeable. The team turn meter gain is fantastic and FOX goes more often that FOTP did.

FOX vs NS Zombie/Acolyte is fun to watch on auto.
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    Options
    The biggest advantage of using fox over fotp for arena (especially on defense) is simply durability. Fotp is super squishy, and any aoe or expose heavy teams ( pretty much any current meta) will quickly wipe him out. Fox will quickly ramp up his Max health, especially if you mod him correctly with a lot of health primaries/secondaries. His offense is directly tied to his Max health, so the usual attacker setup of offense and CC/Cd isn't the right way to set him up. A CD and health set, and health primaries on the cross, triangle, and circle will have just as much damage as using an offense cross, with more durability. With FOST's zeta, you will be getting a lot of assist calls that will ramp him up even quicker.