Ability mat drop rate - 6A

Rhod101
50 posts Member
I'm just wondering if the drop rate is designed to be appalling? I've pumped over 500 cantina energy into this node, for a return of 2 mats. Given the number of ship's and 2 tiers on each, surely this drop rate should be higher?

Replies

• Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    Options
    It is designed to severely inhibit F2P players while they get fleet PVE up and running. I would augfest using those reinforcement pieces wisely. I put one on Slave 1 and held onto the other one. Burned through all those omegas already though :smile:
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I went one for two! 50% drop rate confirmed. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Do only 1 Sim at a time. Multi SIM seems broken for Ship mats.
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    Options
    Multi sims are always broken. Never trust the system. Even shard farming should be done in 2-3 increments not 20
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    Multi sims are always broken. Never trust the system. Even shard farming should be done in 2-3 increments not 20

Prove it
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

So many false statements on this forum...
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Considering the staggering amount of ability materials needed to fully upgrade 1 ship, the droprate seems way too low.
  • Options
    I even tried farming them during the double drops (partially because I never capped Barris, and partially because fleet is my primary crystal income) over the weekend. I think I ended up with 60ish total, but that was all my cantina energy all weekend with refreshes. Having the extra mats is nice, but it is brutal considering how much you need to cap a ship out.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

So many false statements on this forum...

You prove it. Don’t just say it be informative in a reply we are all trying to learn
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Hey if you want to believe a few data points and ignore the much larger drop studies people have actually done, be my guest.
  • Options
    Said I was going to start compiling drop rate statistics on 6A, but decided I had better things to do. Instead, I can unscientifically confirm that drop rates for reinforcement mats are lower than character shard rates, but better than omega rates. I unscientifically estimate the rate somewhere around 20-25%.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    if you have max cantina energy and refresh 3 times your going to get between 0 and 5 that's the average have seen every day since release