Thank You

Silver_Radd_Surfer
177 posts Member
edited May 2018
I just wanted to give some love to the developers and say thank you so much for the work you put in. This update is everything we were told we would be getting.

I give it a 9/10, just need a little cleanup in chat presentation. It feels a little overburdened with details, but otherwise, I love the addition of direct messages, but the gear needs to be shrunk as it overwhelms the chat box.

I love the raid changes, good job! I love the back rewards for missed events, etc. I love the double drops this weekend.

Great work.

This is your "Dark Side Historian" signing off :) Love the titles too!!!!!

Replies

• Options
    Seconded, love the update.
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    Options
    I'm betting you guys didn't care too much for ships. Lol
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ponce104 wrote: »

Too early to properly judge ships. The two arena battles I did took the same length of time as they usually do (between 1 and 2 minutes), which is fine. One thing I will say is that RA has usurped the capital ship abilities. Whether that's for good or bad, I haven't decided yet.

I'm thinking possibly that reinforcements shouldn't be tied to the Capital Ship. As it is, you'll always want to call a reinforcement, rather than use an ability.

But boy, what I can say for sure now is that I love the auto-raid start and "join" feature! And a bunch of the other QoL changes. Thanks a lot!
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It’s funny how they don’t merge “thank you” posts into these “Mega threads”

Only posts that are either giving negative feedback or criticism will be merged there because its known not many people will read them as it’s all basically just spam.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like a nice update. Lots of very cool and interesting changes and additions. I feel like Ships 2.0 isn't really in, until we have the ship battles table - but the changes look good so far, for sure.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    So far I love everything too, but I haven't done a ship battle yet. I'm very hopeful that they are gonna be good, but I think they'll take some time to get used to, like many of the things in this update.

It's really discouraging seeing all the negative feedback tho. I wish people would play for a few days and then decide if they wanted to loose their minds. I think 95% of the complaints will be gone within a couple weeks as people get used to the change.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Athusk wrote: »

Only posts that are either giving negative feedback or criticism will be merged there because its known not many people will read them as it’s all basically just spam.

If it's just spam, it seems like the proper response then to throw them all in one garbage fire.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    So far I love everything too, but I haven't done a ship battle yet. I'm very hopeful that they are gonna be good, but I think they'll take some time to get used to, like many of the things in this update.

It's really discouraging seeing all the negative feedback tho. I wish people would play for a few days and then decide if they wanted to loose their minds. I think 95% of the complaints will be gone within a couple weeks as people get used to the change.

Nah 75% will still be complaining because complainers will complain whether proven wrong or not its just what they do
  • Options
    most of the QoL stuff they introduced is great, i agree. ships however...i've spewed ichor and venom elsewhere, so i'll just say the ship revamp was a total swing and miss.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Looks interesting to me.

One thing I'm sure we all know - any change and people kick and scream. Thing is - if there were none then things would get very stale, and secondly, all changes will be forgotten in a month. If not sooner.

CG/EA are businesses - they want/need people to enjoy the game. They've put work in to achieve this. I enjoy playing (without spending a penny), I thank them for their work.
    Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Degs29 wrote: »

If it's just spam, it seems like the proper response then to throw them all in one garbage fire.

Sorry late response, but no,I disagree. If you think negative feedback should be considered “spam”, you should also consider postitice feedback as “spam” as well, if so, then I would agree.

Developers should be taking both positive and negative feedback. Shutting down negative feedback does not relay the correct community response to an update. It’s childish and not wise to ignore all negative feedback, even ones that simply say that do not like one aspect of the update provides insight and voice to the community. If you were to shut that down and keep all the “thank you” posts, it creates and inaccurate representation of the community.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Sorry late response, but no,I disagree. If you think negative feedback should be considered “spam”, you should also consider postitice feedback as “spam” as well, if so, then I would agree.

Developers should be taking both positive and negative feedback. Shutting down negative feedback does not relay the correct community response to an update. It’s childish and not wise to ignore all negative feedback, even ones that simply say that do not like one aspect of the update provides insight and voice to the community. If you were to shut that down and keep all the “thank you” posts, it creates and inaccurate representation of the community.

I'm pretty sure this entire forum is an inaccurate representation of the playerbase. It's filled with childish rants and very few possitive threads. I'm however pretty sure the playerbase does enjoy the game and loves spending money on it. So there's that...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I'm pretty sure this entire forum is an inaccurate representation of the playerbase. It's filled with childish rants and very few possitive threads. I'm however pretty sure the playerbase does enjoy the game and loves spending money on it. So there's that...

I suppose you are correct in that aspect haha.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I suppose you are correct in that aspect haha.

they should obviously still pay attention to the negative feedback. I do agree with you there, but a possitive thread is like a breath of fresh air on the forum ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    ponce104 wrote: »

A ship is a whole in space surrounded by metal, into which you pour money. :P

• Options
    Lol darkside historian is so cute of a title
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    That's simply because there are so few thank you threads started....and most of them are fairly small without much activity.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Clash2Far
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Chat, quests, ships... I appreciate it all. Thanks!
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Options
    Very much appreciated on the updates. Adds a lot to do but also more quality of life updates and fun things to do. One thing I will mention is that a lot of suggestions from the previous survey have been added or changed and addressed. I didn’t expect much of them to happen but a lot did. So thank you for listening.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, great update, especially the raid changes. I am the one mostly managing raids in our guild, so this is a dream come true. My biggest problem probably are quests that require running battles on auto instead of simming. This just takes time and is annoying.
  • Options
    "Tank Tamer" :)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I want to thank the devs for the double drops and the interesting quests. Even as a long time player, it was fun to play some challenges and battles with all Jedi teams or try to figure out how to get Boba to collect payout or kill Jedi with Ventress. One of the fun challenges has been trying to see if I can accomplish more than one of those in a single battle! :D (like running 5 Jedi and Ventress in a challenge against Jedi yesterday, etc.)

As noted elsewhere, there are some areas of this update where you missed the mark (Ships, completely) but I wanted to mention the ones I actually an enjoying and appreciate the effort.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options

I never said all negative feedback is spam. But I see a difference between complaining and constructive feedback when it comes to negative criticisms. Mostly what I've seen in the complaints thread is a lot of lashing out without justification.

Lots are complaining that the previous meta was nerfed. To me, rebalancing is just the nature of things. Sure, they could have buffed other ships to make a new meta, but is it not better to balance out the ships, rather than have a single meta team?

I've heard complaints that Reinforcement abilities are overpowered and render capital ships obsolete, where other posters are saying the exact opposite!

The only legit complaint I've heard about ships is that they may be more RNG. I personally am not seeing that, but at least it's a valid argument.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    That's simply because there are so few thank you threads started....and most of them are fairly small without much activity.

True. People prefer to spew vitriol over gratitude.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Ploosh wrote: »

Remember palp and vader rework?
  • Options
    This update got a very few things right, but on the whole is absolutely terrible. The UI changes are dreadful. The chat window is now a buggy mess. The quests window is a crowded distraction. You can't launch Capital ship challenges despite meeting the requirements. And on and on...