Character Positions

I hated the fact that I could not position my characters in the place I want to put. I know that for many it may seem like a stupid and childish critic, but I like having the freedom to position the characters where I want, I like to put some characters closer to my vision to appreciate the details of the character, sometimes I get sick of always have the same character in the same place and I like to be able to change them, but now it seems like something obligatory, it will always be the same character in the same place, at first it may not seem like a big problem, but over time it will become nauseating and repetitive.
I liked to position my Vader next to the Emperor, but now he's just behind, it's weird, it looks like vader is afraid to fight :D
If some players bothered because they could not see small characters behind the big characters it was just changing their position. Are there such stupid and lazy players that they could not change the position of the characters so that the minors were not hidden by the bigger ones?
I like games where I can have enough freedom, that allows me to give a touch of my personality. I wanted to know what you think about this, because I was very annoyed by this fact.

Replies

• Options
    I agree, I had a specific order that I liked to have everyone in as well. I think they moved it so that you can easily select a character, but the only times I've ever had difficulty selecting characters is when there have been too many buffs/debuffs or during fleet battles when the screen shifts to the capital ship.

I know it's probably OCD, but I'd rather have the option to put people where I wanted to rather than this height thing.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    I would have preferred it if only the Enemy was affected by this so it would be easy to hit all of them but still have the choice of my own toons.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    You are not the only one. There are lots of forum-dwellers who agree with you. They are largely staying silent about this issue right now, probably because they are both dumḅfounded that the devs brought back this very unpopular feature, and resigned to accept that the devs are determined to push on us this ridiculous character scrambling that clearly does not work and will never work.

When I run my First Order team, the game puts FOO in the right rear position, and Kylo Ren in the left rear. Because Kylo is all hunched over and FOO stands upright, I can barely see Kylo back there, which is absolutely a problem because I always open a FO battle by using FOO's Marching Orders to Kylo for TM generation to the team. Tough to select Kylo as the target if he is hiding behind FOO. If they would stop reordering my squad, I would not have this issue.
  • Options
    You are not the only one. There are lots of forum-dwellers who agree with you. They are largely staying silent about this issue right now, probably because they are both dumḅfounded that the devs brought back this very unpopular feature, and resigned to accept that the devs are determined to push on us this ridiculous character scrambling that clearly does not work and will never work.

When I run my First Order team, the game puts FOO in the right rear position, and Kylo Ren in the left rear. Because Kylo is all hunched over and FOO stands upright, I can barely see Kylo back there, which is absolutely a problem because I always open a FO battle by using FOO's Marching Orders to Kylo for TM generation to the team. Tough to select Kylo as the target if he is hiding behind FOO. If they would stop reordering my squad, I would not have this issue.

Example:
    1ysxdCL.png
  • Options

Example:
    1ysxdCL.png

This is proof that EA tried to fix something and made the situation even worse. :D:D:D:D
  • ImperialStation
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I hope more disgruntled players appear so that EA reevaluates this decision to put the characters in fixed positions.
  • Options
    I agree, I had a specific order that I liked to have everyone in as well. I think they moved it so that you can easily select a character, but the only times I've ever had difficulty selecting characters is when there have been too many buffs/debuffs or during fleet battles when the screen shifts to the capital ship.

I know it's probably OCD, but I'd rather have the option to put people where I wanted to rather than this height thing.

Exactly! I also had problems with this in the fleet arena, but never in the arena of heroes.
  • Options
    I believe that the biggest problem the players are having is with Wampa along with the droids, Wampa must cover astrodroids completely. If anyone has any pictures of this I would like to see. I do not have Wampa yet.
  • Options
    There's like three threads on this already and they know how we feel about this so why would they bring this back? It fixes nothing and ruins the game for me honestly.
  • Options
    I thought I was the only one who always arranges his teams in a specific way. Terrible change, I want my **** positioning back!
  • Options
    Mando8000 wrote: »
    There's like three threads on this already and they know how we feel about this so why would they bring this back? It fixes nothing and ruins the game for me honestly.

It looks like ... Provocative by EA, is not it? I think the same too.
  • Options
    Now they are even closing up the chats on this topic wow
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Why was the other thread closed?

In other news, Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion are still fighting every day to see who is taller. They keep switching positions playing musical chairs.
  • Options
    Devs, please allow us to position characters. This is not just an aesthetics problem, as described in the posted photos above, it can and does affect gameplay. Nothing worse than being on a timer, in arena, and trying to hit the correct character as an ally assist and miss. It’s frustarting. I’m curious as to what bug was fixed by changing (fixing what appears not broken?). Thank you.
  • Options
    Moderators are shutting down conversations on this topic and devs don't seem to care. After a year of game play and over $600 invested I'm done.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Same here, I will not invest any more money into this game until they either remove this feature (that nobody asked for) AGAIN(yes it's been removed before) or make it an OPTIONAL feature. Real sick of my characters playing musical chairs here.