Endurance is bad now.

NicWester
8928 posts Member
Why didn't Endurance's ultimate get a cooldown reduction? Endurance is as slow as ever, but now with fewer ships in total it's harder to get Valor to reduce the cooldown. Moreover, with only three ships to start, when one inevitably gets dispelled you've reduced your cooldown reduction by 33%. Now you're only getting 2 reductions per cycle compared to 4 before (because one would always be dispelled in 1.0, too). Endurance is also getting less bonus turn meter every time Valor ticks off.

Endurance has never been great, but it used to be possible to spam out your AoE so at least it had a high risk, high reward gameplay (ie: Sacrifice reinforcements, taunts, and target locks to spam AoE if you can keep target locks on with your other characters) but now with only three ships at the start, you're almost never going to get 3 hits to reset the cooldown.

Endurance is legit BAD now. Compare it to Executrix, which got a power bump from the fewer ships to spread out the Imperial Assault damage, and why would you ever use Endurance?

I'm still pretty open-minded about 3-ship starting lineups, but MAN, Endurance is just awful. It's a ship in desperate need of a total rebuild in light of the new changes.

I don't hyperbolize when I give feedback. So when I say that this ship is terrible, I mean it. There really is no reason whatsoever to play it with the new ruleset and I cannot emphasize it enough.
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I was afraid I might have been giving a knee-**** reaction, so I got something to eat and cracked down into the data to take a look and find out that, yeah, no--I was right the first time around.

Why does Endurance have so much Tactics? For real. At 7*, with a 7*, modded, omega'd, g11 Mace Windu, Endurance has 1094 Strength, 869 Agility, and 1294 Tactics. Strength increases Endurance's Physical Damage, Health, and Armor. As a capital ship, health and armor are irrelevant, but Physical damage increases the damage on Endurance's basic and aoe. Tactics increases Special Damage and Resistance. As a capital ship, Resistance is irrelevant. With both its attacks being classified as Physical Damage, Special Damage is irrelevant. THAT MEANS (capitalized for emphasis) THAT THE SHIP'S HIGHEST STAT IS GIVING ZERO CONTRIBUTION TO IT.

Endurance's Special Damage is 3105--there's no Pilot Rating contribution to it, it's a flat 3105 derived purely from that base Tactics rating. Endurance's Physical Damage is 7327, which is significantly higher, but let's look closer and consider that 5796 of that comes from Pilot Contribution. This makes its base Physical Damage only 1531! That's almost HALF its Special Damage rating, AND IT DOESN'T EVEN USE ITS SPECIAL DAMAGE!

Some comparisons:
    Endurance (7*, 24448 crew power): 7327 Physical Damage, irrelevant special damage. 148 speed
    Chimaera (7*, 21361 crew power): Special Damage of 18723! That's 2.5 TIMES what Endurance's Physical damage is! 140 speed
    Home One (7*, 20457 crew power): Physica Damage 5051, Special Damage 18617. 162 speed
    Executrix (7*, 17871 crew power): 6212 Physical Damage, irrelevant Special Damage. 150 speed

The levels of investment in the other three capital ships pale in comparison to that of Endurance, but Endurance's stats are FAR worse in all regards. Only Chimaera is slower, but my Thrawn is g8, no zetas, so there's room for improvement when it comes to its speed. Executrix is faster and my Tarkin is only g6 with 3 mods and not even all his abilities omega'd. Meanwhile Imperial Assault is basically a game ender, but its cooldown is only FIVE TURNS?!

For real, you guys, you need to redesign Endurance from the ground up.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rimsen
    1 posts Member
    Options
    I can sincerely confirm that. I run (ran?...) Endurance with Clones and Jedis for the funsies, but still managed to get around 15-30. (lvl 83). Still, now Endurance is so bad it's simply unbearable.
    The skills are built on stacking Valor which is impossible to do with less ships, and heavy dispel mechanisms introduced in the rework. On top of this, the Endurance's skills are not like the others, high CD abilities with distinct effects, but less effective meant-to-spam powers. It's an impossible to choose between using your powers (which are much less powerful than the others') or to reinforce. Look at Executrix, essentially she has nothing better to do than reinforce until the ultimate, and her CDs are lined up with the constant reinforcements. She doesn't have to waste her turn on autoattack just because the CDs, but can reinforce in every "blank" turn.
    Similarly Rex's special ability is a solid trash now. How should I get 5 GR ship into the fray to use it effectively? It was meant to reward combo-fleets, now it's just plain horrible.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Options
    I vaguely recall OP arguing for us cynical forum posters to give ships 2.0 a chance and hoping that mace would be better, while i replied that the rework would kill mace.

Guess what - it did kill mace.
  • Whatelse73
    2166 posts Member
    Options
    You know what's really bad? I used Executrix's Imperial Assault (that I have at level 5) on TWO ships, one was half dead. Guess what happened? It only killed the half dead ship and barely touched the other. Why? Because the Fleet AI still cheats and gives itself better buffs than we can possibly dream about.

I'd agree because what the heck did they do? They took his invincibility special away and did an "add protection" buff? The only problem with the invincibility special was that if Mace's ship went before your ships, it is a waste of a turn because then all your ships go and it is gone before the enemy even has gone. (Happened quite a bit when I used to use it.) They really need to put it back as the invincibility buff, but change it to ending when Endurance's NEXT turn starts. (That way it lasts for one layer of the enemy's attacks)
  • matsan
    13 posts Member
    Options
    I want Damage immunity back. This was the reason to farm Mace Windu and Endurance in the first place. Or change Ultimate ability to all Capital ships. Or else, hey you devs, kiss my money good bye ("Death on Two Legs" - Queen).
  • Options
    @CG or @EA
    Please rebuild the Endurance.
    People like me have spend over 1 year work into this ship! With that new update, the Endurance looks very bad atm, because of missing turnmeter.

-Don’t forget about thousands of players, having fun with the Endurance in the last 2 years.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    @CG or @EA
    Please rebuild the Endurance.
    People like me have spend over 1 year work into this ship! With that new update, the Endurance looks very bad atm, because of missing turnmeter.

-Don’t forget about thousands of players, having fun with the Endurance in the last 2 years.

A lot more people put a lot more work into the Reaper. Get in line, and be prepared to wait forever.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I’ve seen a Mace fleet survive my fully maxed and Zeta’d Executrix tie swarm. When I read stuff like this, I suspect folks don’t have maxed pilots and ships/abilities to really utilize the full utility of Mace. I see a dude get 1st at his payout using Mace still.
  • Options
    I run Mace, always have.

He's always been the worst of the capital ships. He needed a buff with ships 2.0, instead he got a nerf.

I still get 1st, but it has nothing to do with Mace. My lineup of other ships is just good enough to lay the smack down.

Mace's kit doesn't really work with anyone well anymore. His ultimate is pointless. If you could use it on your fleet when you had 4-5 ships that would be one thing, but since Mace's is the slowest capital ship it always goes off after the enemy's ultimate which means it has a very diminished effect.