Update is taking forever

Dralkyr
457 posts Member
edited May 2018
I am looking so forward to TU12. Unfortunately, I'm running the game on a 3rd-generation iPad with a very slow App store. Said iPad has been installing the new update for 13 hours. This is most unfortunate timing since today is the Zeta challenge, my guild is running all three raids, and I just love playing the game!
I really hope I don't miss the double drops...

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is not really a game issue. Connection, and system throttling to save battery (implemented by Apple) are more likely the culprits.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    maybe re-installing is a better option? 13h seems excessive :open_mouth:
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    This update is the worst thing ea could do to gamers so be happy. Last minutes of having fun. Then just a nightmare of building your fleet from a scratch again.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    This is not really a game issue. Connection, and system throttling to save battery (implemented by Apple) are more likely the culprits.

I know it's more-than-likely the iPad's fault. It's odd that only updating/installing apps takes longer than death; the rest of the apps continue to run just fine. The only sad part with the game is that it was auto-pushed. I know my iPad takes longer to update apps than it takes a drop of tar to fall into a jar, so I usually wait until I nkow I won't be using the app for a while to update. In this case, I would have waited until after doing today's Zeta challenges before updating! :P
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    maybe re-installing is a better option? 13h seems excessive :open_mouth:

Installing new apps is no faster. At this point I'm thinking of installing BlueStacks on my laptop so I can at least run it on the Android platform.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Well I lost an entire day's worth of bonus energy, the Zeta challenges, and the double drops, but at least I'm in again! I had to install iTunes on my computer (an old version, mind you), download the game there, then sync it to my iPad. But I'm back in!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    Well I lost an entire day's worth of bonus energy, the Zeta challenges, and the double drops, but at least I'm in again! I had to install iTunes on my computer (an old version, mind you), download the game there, then sync it to my iPad. But I'm back in!

Welcome back! Just in time for double drops! Shame about the bonus energy and zeta challenge though :(
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    And I now miss the zeta mat from daily login. Ah well,at least I'm back in :)