Tie Silencer is worthless now

It’s damage output was nerfed by about 75%. Glad I maxed it out.

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    100% Conditional Stun on the almost fastest ship in the game. Damage decreases, and suddenly its completely useless.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That's interesting.

I maxed it out because both pilots are a good investment and the TMR is extremely useful in a ship battles with equal speed.

Still like the ship, even in a 3v3 setting
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    100% Conditional Stun on the almost fastest ship in the game. Damage decreases, and suddenly its completely useless.
    have you used it? Overwhelming advantage with “advantage” and target locked enemy WITH a reinforcement bonus now only hits for 35k, whereas it used to hit for 100k+. I understand taking the damage down since it could one shot any ship, but nerfing it by this much is insane.

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    have you used it? Overwhelming advantage with “advantage” and target locked enemy WITH a reinforcement bonus now only hits for 35k, whereas it used to hit for 100k+. I understand taking the damage down since it could one shot any ship, but nerfing it by this much is insane.

I run FO in almost every part of the game. I ve seen hits of ~60k with advanatge and offense up, which means the normal damage should be ~40k. But

1. TS can boost his own offense
    2. TS can stun on his basic
    3. TS is fast.

IMO those things make up for the nerf.
  • Options

I run FO in almost every part of the game. I ve seen hits of ~60k with advanatge and offense up, which means the normal damage should be ~40k. But

1. TS can boost his own offense
    2. TS can stun on his basic
    3. TS is fast.

IMO those things make up for the nerf.
    He had all of those things before the update dude. You’re acting like they’re new.

• Options
    They're new, considering the whole fleet system has been reworked. He almost always goes first and always stuns (except potency/tenacity check) essentially making it a 2vs3 on offense.
    Almost unconditional first time stun... now where have we seen that before?
  • Options
    They're new, considering the whole fleet system has been reworked. He almost always goes first and always stuns (except potency/tenacity check) essentially making it a 2vs3 on offense.
    Almost unconditional first time stun... now where have we seen that before?
    My tie silencer went first every single time before the update and stunned 99.9% of the time. I think the only ship that’s faster than he is is one or two of the tie fighters.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    That's interesting.

I maxed it out because both pilots are a good investment and the TMR is extremely useful in a ship battles with equal speed.

Both pilots? Silencer only has KRU as a pilot.

And yes, I'm disappointed too. I wouldn't call the ship "useless", but the nerf was really drastic, and it's frustrating because it was one of my best ships.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    I don't understand anything about ship arena 2.0. The first couple of battles have not gone well when I previously won every time. I'm very confused and it's going to take me awhile to figure out how to compete again.

Even I think OP statement is an overreach.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Would you say OP statement is...worthless? ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    That's interesting.

And yes, I'm disappointed too. I wouldn't call the ship "useless", but the nerf was really drastic, and it's frustrating because it was one of my best ships.

I think Kyno was thinking about the Reaper. The reduction from 35% to 15% TMR was drastic, and I've since removed it from my starting lineup. It's too slow to be a starting ship in this new dynamic, though for the moment I have it as a reinforcement.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

A lot of people saying this are probably fighting a fleet with the Ghost in it... Ghost gives EVERYONE your fighting -25 percent potency... kind of hard to stun people when your potency is like 20 percent
  • Onslow
    67 posts Member
    Options

It's not 100%. He only stuns about 50% of the time when the ship he attacks has 50% turn meter. It rarely works and has been broken for a long time. His ship is worthless.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

A lot of people saying this are probably fighting a fleet with the Ghost in it... Ghost gives EVERYONE your fighting -25 percent potency... kind of hard to stun people when your potency is like 20 percent

So much easier to win against the ghost anyway. The new "buff" to TS is the format. With only 3 ships, stunlocking one into oblivion is extremely powerful
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That's interesting.

yeah i was thinking of reaper. my bad, dont mind me.
  • Options
    My silencer is a slaughter machine... so... not sure what you all are flying with.