New Rebel Event?

Whatelse73
2137 posts Member
edited May 2018
So I'm doing the Tier 3 of this event and it is listed as "Hard", but really? Is it to show us how badly Rebels get the crap kicked out of them by the Empire?

If this is supposed to be a learning about the rebels event, could you at least turn up your rebels a bit? Or at the least, let us use our own characters? These characters suck. They're slow and they don't hit for crap. (Or was that really the teaching point?) "Here's what happens when you take a rebel team up against the Emperor and Vader and Thrawn! They get the crap kicked out of them! Tada! Buy some packs of Empire characters....."

Example: My CLS was at full health. The Vader used his BASIC attack and ONE SHOT HIM. Yes, one shot and dead with full health. With a basic attack.

Please turn the rebels up, or let us use our own, or something. Because geeze this is silly.

Replies

• I think part of the problem is that the Rebels aren't modded, so their crits are weak af. A properly modded Leia and Raid Han should be hitting like trucks. Not this 9k crit bull I was noticing with Leia. However, I did get through it after only two tries. Rather than mowing them down like I was used to, I had to control them with stuns to keep the characters from one shotting characters. (seriously, I wish my Thrawn could one shot a full health/protection CLS. That'd be awesome.)
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    It was very easy for me. I think you sholud work on your strategy instead of complaining.
  • CLS, Han, and R2 can all stun. Try to keep Palp and Thrawn stunned as much as possible, if they are already stunned, stun Vader..That's the only thing that worked for me.
  • Whatelse73
    2137 posts Member
    HJoci30 wrote: »
    It was very easy for me. I think you sholud work on your strategy instead of complaining.

Feel free to keep your "easy bro!" strategy to yourself. I'm surprised you didn't say "git gud" too. Totally useless comment.
  • Whatelse73
    2137 posts Member
    I did end up beating it, but it took about 10 tries. Also, using Old Ben's taunt is a bad idea because he'll get destroyed. I was able to whip out his mind tricks twice to ability block, which helped.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes I could have used my own modded team in this one. Thanks for the positive input though.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I did end up beating it, but it took about 10 tries. Also, using Old Ben's taunt is a bad idea because he'll get destroyed. I was able to whip out his mind tricks twice to ability block, which helped.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes I could have used my own modded team in this one. Thanks for the positive input though.

being able to use your own toons kinda defeats the purpose i guess. It's also great for players without decked rosters.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Lol. This is again something you don't need to do. "Stop complaining"
    Rebels at 1 time were the most op and we all complained and now empire is op, but yet really most toons can be made op. Just rethink strategy (because that's what this game is all about) considering all the mods in the game. 3 of those toons stun. So stun the most op toons first. Use r2 to burn, wait for that to wear off then use mind tricks (this is used to block any taunts). But really again, this is just another thing you don't need to do, to complain about it? Is just silly.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I think I probably had a bit of an advantage here because I don't use any of these toons so I wasn't expecting them to work a certain way, I just used them as they are.

I don't think this event is OP at all, it just needs a different kind of playstyle from what we're used to. I did it first time with all 5 toons standing and only OB lost protection. I'm sure RNG played a role but also you need to play smart. I did this several hours ago now and didn't register it as particularly difficult so I can't remember exactly how it went down but these are the principles I used:

Focusing an enemy down doesn't work because there are too many other threats on the battlefield. I knew that if thrawn, Palp or Vader got to use a special then it was probably gg. Look at the tools at your disposal:

CLS has TM reduction, buff immunity and stun
    Han has TM reduction and stun
    Leia has stealth to stay out of the way
    R2 has stun and if needed can also stealth.
    OB has ability block.

That's a whole load of crowd control there. Rather than focusing anyone down, I used the combinations of stun/TM reduction to keep Vader, EP and Thrawn locked down - EP didn't take a turn and Thrawn used his only turn to use the TM swap ability. Vader did manage to get off a couple turns but I remember he used culling blade on OB because he was the only one not in stealth, and OB took it like a champ. I think Vader might have had offence down at that point.
    The other main priority is to either use CLS to dispel taunt or prevent the troopers from getting taunt in the first place. I mostly did this with buff immunity but would occasionally prioritise stunning one of them over hitting one of the big 3.
    You also need to time the specials - eg there's no point using ability block on a stunned character and it's not really necessary to stun an ability blocked character or one who has a special on cool down.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Whatelse73
    2137 posts Member
    Yes wrote: »
    Lol. This is again something you don't need to do. "Stop complaining"
    Rebels at 1 time were the most op and we all complained and now empire is op, but yet really most toons can be made op. Just rethink strategy (because that's what this game is all about) considering all the mods in the game. 3 of those toons stun. So stun the most op toons first. Use r2 to burn, wait for that to wear off then use mind tricks (this is used to block any taunts). But really again, this is just another thing you don't need to do, to complain about it? Is just silly.

Huh?
  • I've tried every strategy about 20 times with no luck, pretty sure the event is nerfed and just won't let some players win, maybe it's linked to galactic power? Total **** that you can't use your own toons, typical EA ruining a fun game
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    There's another thread on this..... It's not that hard...

Use han, Luke and r2 to keep palp and thrawn stunned, go after Vader first.... If trooper taunts, use Luke to get rid of it....
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

Feel free to keep your "easy bro!" strategy to yourself. I'm surprised you didn't say "git gud" too. Totally useless comment.

I wont say that your strategy was the issue.
    But what I will say, is that the event is made to practice strategy. So you might.....want to do that?
    I see that you also completed it, congratulations.

I will also say that I beat it on my first try. As did 90% of the people I've spoken to about it.

And now I will say it.
    At your next layover, instead of boarding the Complain Plane, board the GitGud Plane.
  • Whatelse73
    2137 posts Member

But what I will say, is that the event is made to practice strategy. So you might.....want to do that?

I will also say that I beat it on my first try. As did 90% of the people I've spoken to about it.

And now I will say it.
    At your next layover, instead of boarding the Complain Plane, board the GitGud Plane.

Prove your 90% statistic. Otherwise, it's just another thing you're pretending to Be Gud with. ;-)
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

And now I will say it.

Prove your 90% statistic. Otherwise, it's just another thing you're pretending to Be Gud with. ;-)

Dude.... You came on here, started a thread about a topic that already had a thread started about it (which included instructions), and then proceeded contest a strip off of the devs for nothing.... You kind of reaped what you sowed here men....
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

And now I will say it.

I mean....git better friends also?

Instant gratification is a plague and you have the sickness.