Are smaller guilds ever going to have access to Han Solo (Prime), General Kenobi, and Darth Traya?

Guilds under 10 people can't come close to beating Heroic the Pit or Tank Take-Down, and the Sith battle is difficult even for larger more powerful guilds.

I wouldn't mind if it was super hard to get their shards (i.e. Commander Luke, Jedi Training Rey) but as things are, it is impossible for my family and close friends to earn any of these shards.
I guess I'm just noob whining at this point. Oh well.

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Recruit more people to your guild. Merge with another guild. Or accept that there's some things you'll never get. The devs clearly want to push people to be a part of larger guilds, which is why they put an minimum guild size for TW at 25.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    OP, I remember that feeling. There are a lot of ways players like you can earn those toons. You can leave and go to a bigger guild, you can recruit more players, you can merge with another guild.

But even if you don't do any of these things, if you guys play the game consistently, you will improve your toons. And if you improve your toons, you'll eventually be able to beat the raid.

No worries--these things just take time. :)
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    Options
    They will always balance raids for 50 people. At this point you should not have problem of beating the rancor or beating it soon. CLS is easy to get for anyone and he can solo it alone. haat is much mroe difficult and it might not be possible for you to defeat it any time soon. Sith raid is probably not gonna be possible for smaller guild for years. It would be ideal for you to try to merge with someone if you want to be able to beat raid and do better in TB and do TW. But its up to you what you want from this game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Onewitherr wrote: »
    Guilds under 10 people can't come close to beating Heroic the Pit or Tank Take-Down, and the Sith battle is difficult even for larger more powerful guilds.

It's not at all impossible to beat heroic pit and tank raids in small guilds. There are so many teams that can solo all of the pit, and the characters are not that hard to get. When my alt account soloed the whole thing for the first time he had just about 730k GP total. Even if none of the 10 players can solo the whole thing and only have sub—par TM reduction teams then by going in one at a time with their best TM reduction teams they should be able to finish it. Doing 1 million dmg each is not hard.

For heroic tank there's the Ackbar lead team that solos phases 3 and 4 and part of phase 2. After having farmed raid Han to 7* in the pit they will have another team, which solos phase 1. This leaves only those remaining 80% of phase 2 for them to struggle with. It's not at all impossible to beat that raid for those 10 man guilds.

It's only a matter of farming the right characters for it. You will get there eventually.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    PS. If you want some advice or inspiration for what teams to use, please link your swgoh.gg profile.
  • Options
    We got lucky in our guild, at least with Rancor. One guy can solo the heroic. Of course being small our guild takes a while to gather the tickets.

It'll be months before we even finish Sith tier IV though and HAAT is not even close to doable so we have to stick to t6.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    There are no "smaller" guilds. There are incomplete guilds. The assumption is that all guilds will be at or near 50 people most of the time.

Now, that said, it is possible and not even unreasonable to solo Rancor; CLS can do it alone, and a small number of people with a few decent teams can just punch its face until it dies. It's even possible to solo the tank with specialized teams, if very difficult. Traya, though? Unlikely. Heroic Sith was designed with fifty super late game players with really deep rosters trying their damnedest in mind.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    How patient are you? Because you can complete heroic Pit with a single character, but you'll need to farm and gear CLS. You can complete heroic AAT with 3 or fewer teams, so a single person can complete both raids for the entire guild.
  • Fizix
    127 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    There are no "smaller" guilds. There are incomplete guilds. The assumption is that all guilds will be at or near 50 people most of the time.

This
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    clearing the hAAT and the hRancor isn't the issue, but the rate at wich you acquire tickets is.
    With 10 members you can only get 6000 tickets per day, that means it takes a minimum of 208 days to unlock han solo and 472(!) days to 7* him for ranks 4-10. Even if you always finish first and all 10 members always get their 600 tickets daily it will take a 330(!) days to 7* Han solo.
    Personally thinks it's a non-issue though, just recruit more players or join a guild that has close to 50 members.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    You guys have given me some good strategies for pit and AAT. Thank you for the advice! I have my CLS team ready so that next time he comes around, I'll get him.
    Cheers!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    If you are in a 10 man guild id wager you can find a 40 man guild looking for a merger and will be able to do haat.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    The thing about being able to solo Pit and HAAT is, if you're not doing those already, gear and farms will take a lot longer...not just the gear drops, but the guild store coins and credits. And like leef said, 10 people can't generate enough tickets to raid frequently.

So that just hammers home the point that raid characters are guild content aimed at complete, active guilds, just like TB and TW rewards. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can either play to be completist and competitive, in which case you have to be active and join a competitive guild, or you can play casually. You can decide to start your own guild with just a few friends despite the oversaturation of guilds, but then you have to resign yourself to the fact that you're playing casually and will not complete all content of the game or be end-game competitive.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    The thing about being able to solo Pit and HAAT is, if you're not doing those already, gear and farms will take a lot longer...not just the gear drops, but the guild store coins and credits. And like leef said, 10 people can't generate enough tickets to raid frequently.

So that just hammers home the point that raid characters are guild content aimed at complete, active guilds, just like TB and TW rewards. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can either play to be completist and competitive, in which case you have to be active and join a competitive guild, or you can play casually. You can decide to start your own guild with just a few friends despite the oversaturation of guilds, but then you have to resign yourself to the fact that you're playing casually and will not complete all content of the game or be end-game competitive.

Well if they want to push people away that is their choice. I've been playing for awhile (and paying fairly consistently so they are potentially losing money), strong enough to complete nearly all the non-guild content. We are finally able beat heroic Pit (mostly the leader and me, who are significantly stronger than the rest) but not the other heroics. While they have not pushed me away yet, each time they add something new that would require me to change guilds, it kills a little of my enthusiasm and might eventually lead me to quit the game.

Then develop your guild. That makes a difference,
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Guilds with 10 players can come to solo the Pitt at least. For the ATT, I would say it's harder/impossible and for the Sith it is clearly impossible for now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Guest wrote: »
    Guilds with 10 players can come to solo the Pitt at least. For the ATT, I would say it's harder/impossible and for the Sith it is clearly impossible for now.

HAAT would be easy too, but it would take a 10 player guild a long time to get all 10 to have wampa. only need 2 ro 3.
  • Options
    Onewitherr wrote: »

I wouldn't mind if it was super hard to get their shards (i.e. Commander Luke, Jedi Training Rey) but as things are, it is impossible for my family and close friends to earn any of these shards.
    I guess I'm just noob whining at this point. Oh well.

Look at it from this point of view. EVERY guild has to start somewhere. Granted some start stronger than others but the one guild I am in started out with 3 people. In 2 years time from that small number it is at 50 members with a 92M GP doing T5 Sith, HAAT, and HPIT. The key is realistic goals and focus in my opinion. Heroic Sith shouldnt even be a consideration for a 10 member guild. HPIT on the other hand IS a realistic goal. Engage your guild mates. Help them become better players. Low numbers yes are a disadvantage but given time and the right people running it make all the difference in the world. You will be amazed of how far you can go in just a few months time.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065