Another Boring Rancor Solo question

Hey all.

I'm almost fully prepped for CLS, and I have no doubts I'll pull him off this time around.

One of my goals after I get him is to build a Rancor solo team. I keep reading everywhere that CLS is the answer to the Pit raid. Is he really all that great by himself?

I guess what I'm saying is, no matter how great CLS is, I want to build a team around him. I'm already planning to use a Teebo lead. Who else should I use (preferably toons I already have)? I know Thrawn is good, but I'm just not sure where to go. Advice appreciated.

(And yes, this is probably a long way off for me.)
"Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/

Replies

• Options
    wedge lead, biggs, cls, jyn(bb8)
    whats ur swgoh link for more clarity on ur roster/mods?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    The key is turn meter drain. If you can keep that up, you're golden.

Say, Ackbar, CLS, raid Han, BB-8, Thrawn. Ackbar's lead calls assists, with a 50%-67% chance of being CLS or Han. CLS and Han have your turn meter removal. BB-8 proliferates secret intel for more potency to make that TM drain more reliable, and calls an assist every time he uses his secret intel spread. Thrawn can fracture the rancor, and his TM swap calls an assist while simultaneously granting the target 100% TM.

Other candidates include Jyn (preferably in non-Ackbar builds), for her truncheon strike's huge TM drain every other turn and rising potency every time she crits, clone wars chewie for a basic with high TM drain and two specials that call assists under Ackbar, and really anyone who can drain a lot of TM real fast through basics, uniques, or low cooldown specials.
    Still not a he.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Here is what you need for rancour solo

1. TMR
    2. Speed down
    3. Tenacity down

CLS has all 3 if you omega thr necessary abilities. Fracture is double speed down and tmr so throw in thrawn.

Given your best characters you might as well do what ive been doing vader lead no zeta thrawn tarkin palpatine cls. Throw a g8 cls with level 1 mods into those guys as they are now and you can do it as is.
  • Options
    vader lead with thrawn and CLS is probably your best bet to start. add palp and one other empire and you'll do well.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Palpatine is an odd choice for a rancor solo team. Rancor's immune to shock and stun, so he only really brings a minor %damage effect and Offense Up. Things a Vader lead benefits from in Empire/Sith allies who make lots of attacks, whether from speed, TM gain, or multihit abilities, or stack DoT effects to set up Culling Blade. Magmatrooper, Deathtrooper, Dooku. They all contribute more to a Vader led Rancor team than Palpatine.
    Still not a he.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Palpatine is an odd choice for a rancor solo team. Rancor's immune to shock and stun, so he only really brings a minor %damage effect and Offense Up. Things a Vader lead benefits from in Empire/Sith allies who make lots of attacks, whether from speed, TM gain, or multihit abilities, or stack DoT effects to set up Culling Blade. Magmatrooper, Deathtrooper, Dooku. They all contribute more to a Vader led Rancor team than Palpatine.

doesn't really matter though, palp gets the job done just fine on auto. He can also give vader offence up for his culling blade, wich is kinda cool ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

With no zetas on vader lead they arent going to come close to breaking even on tmr so multihit abilities are going to make things more difficult but they are are there for damage to speed the whole thing up and tarkin and thrawn are there for tmr. Vader and palpatine are there for some damage and to not be too bad a laibility in terms of tmr.

It works and the op has it already. Whats more its 4 of his arena team and cls so he doesnt need to invest huge amount of gear.

I know and you know that there are better teams. Im not trying to reccomend the best team in the world. Im trying to reccomend a low effort compliment to cls so the op doesnt need a zeta on cls and very good mods.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo(L), CLS, R2, Raid Han + QGJ can solo it.. takes about 20 minutes but it works. R2 keeps teebo in stealth so he removes TM constant.... easy team to build and reliable
  • Options
    Vader zeta lead, CLS, Raid Han, bb8, Thrawn