Question for Devs regarding TW Ship combat

Akreau
33 posts Member
edited May 2018
With the new combat and reinforcements what is the effect in TW ship combat?

For instance a fleet set on defense initially has 3 ships. Say that fleet defends, wins, and during the course of that win calls in two reinforcements... For the next defense do those reinforcements stay and the attacker now faces 5 ships? Do the reinforcements bonuses stay? If they don't stay do they go back to being a reinforcement?

Post edited by Akreau on

Replies

• Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I believe they will stay. Similar to 5s. If they killed a ship and it got replaced the new ship stays
  • Akreau
    33 posts Member
    Options
    This has huge implications for Defense and the strategy used deploying that defense. Imagine attacking five with only 3..... We need to know before we deploy defense.
  • Akreau
    33 posts Member
    Options
    If anyone else has a comment/issue on this topic that I missed, please add it...
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Probably shouldn't be a huge deal unless you're attacking with a terrible offense giving the AI the opportunity to call reinforcements without being able to take out at least one ship.

Edit:
    I think we have to assume that as you suggest is a possibility though
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They will 100%have all remaining ships on the field the second go around, if they came out the first attack.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They will 100%have all remaining ships on the field the second go around, if they came out the first attack.

I think that's gonna be a horrible mistake or oversight

it will be no worse than facing a full TM loaded team.
  • Akreau
    33 posts Member
    Options

Add that to the possible issues.... Now we may be facing a team of Five that is fully TM loaded.... And you still only have three attackers...
  • Options
    Akreau wrote: »

Add that to the possible issues.... Now we may be facing a team of Five that is fully TM loaded.... And you still only have three attackers...

Just thinking this.. 5 with loaded TM, attack with 3.. and just like that it's 1v5
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Options
    Do the reinforcements still have their reinforcing ability for the second attacker?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Do the reinforcements still have their reinforcing ability for the second attacker?

no thats not how they work. they only get them when the enter from reinforcement
  • Options
    Simple solution. Start ship battle then switch to airplane mode. If you lose miserably just force close the app.

It concedes a loss but at least its 3 on 3 rather than 3 v 5 and their chimaera close to ultimate weapon
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »

no thats not how they work. they only get them when the enter from reinforcement

They get them when they enter but some are persistent effects eg silencer's offence bins and afterburner, clone Sergeant's taunt whenever he has protection. I would imagine that these persistent effects would carry through to the next person attacking.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Akreau
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Defense placement begins in a few hours... No answer yet?
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Akreau wrote: »
    Defense placement begins in a few hours... No answer yet?

Devs won't be on until Tuesday.
  • Akreau
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno is not a dev
  • Akreau
    33 posts Member
    Options
    There has to be a level playing field. The advantage cannot go to the defense in such a lopsided way. We don't have enough capital ships or ships to fight this way.

I have a superior fleet as do most I talk with. RNG still plays a huge roll in a fleet attack. It's not as simple as you say, don't want to fight 5 V 3, win.... I wish it was that easy....
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    I still don't think it will happen that often. You'd have to be in battle long enough for them to call in two reinforcements, and then get wiped without taking out one. Just try to rein in the people who like to attack squads without scratching protection.