Starter Guild vs Normal Guild

TTTE
posts Member
Hey,

I'm a level 76 in a guild that is fairly advanced for my skill level, running raids that I don't contribute much to. With that said, I have been able to squeak top 5 or so on some heroic rancors just because I can do some dmg before one guy solos it and the rest of the Guild is left at 0dmg.

Basically my question is this: would it be more advantageous for me to get into a guild that takes on raids I'm geared for (like these new starter guilds) or should I take advantage of the higher level gear, Han Solo shards, and helpful donations this better guild offers?

Replies

• Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    Options
    Take advantage of the higher gear
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is an odd situation as many of the player base have never been in a starter guild.

I would imagine a real guild will teach you the same if not a little more at this point, but I dont have much experience with it.
  • Range1974
    901 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, stay where you are at assuming you are enjoying them and earning high end gear.
  • Options
    I don't personally see the point of a "starter" guild. I have been in a few guilds with lower leveled players, and very casual players, and it is far more frustration than anything else. This game just about demands perfection, so unless you have the patience of a saint, you're better off trying to get with a group that knows what they're doing as soon as possible. Your rewards and wits will thank you.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I don't personally see the point of a "starter" guild. I have been in a few guilds with lower leveled players, and very casual players, and it is far more frustration than anything else. This game just about demands perfection, so unless you have the patience of a saint, you're better off trying to get with a group that knows what they're doing as soon as possible. Your rewards and wits will thank you.

I believe starter guilds are aimed at players with no 7 star characters yet.
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the starter guilds are for people who don't come on the forums/and or spin their wheels for months hoping things will work out in a 10-20 person guild rather than join a more established one.