Ships 2.0 is it an improvement?

Prev1
JasFonz
317 posts Member
Do you feel Ships 2.0 is dynamic or pretty much RNG based.

Ships 2.0 is it an improvement? 157 votes

It’s a welcomed improvement.
23%
Zombie961cuyler41SkykrakerNicWesterbanjo1071VersattiPhoenixeonLiamtbqhdad2my3PartyBoyGriffPrideOfTheWickedRed_Madnessswgohfan29SpeedokillzJDK82Jay_1997_CEntreriDarthGugelMorigenSnokeonaUnicorn 37 votes
It is worse than before. Pure RNG.
76%
SarcodinoHammerHeadValentyneGwonkRevanKodaNikoms565MirlatTeiz1973DecayNerfherder31NawWookieWookieHybridplugTeague6The6Bull6TooLTarugo91MuaddibTommy_RageSoillaTheGrouch 120 votes

Replies

• Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I really like how they balanced ships tbh.
    My best ships got nerfed whereas the difficult to obtain ones got buffed. But the nerfed ones are still useful imo. So yeah, i still absolutely love the way they balanced ships, and also the new reinfo ability on every ship.

I absolutely HATE the 3v3. It leaves too much to whose ships go first, what they target, who target locks etc etc. I believe this would be a fantastic update, if not for the 3vs3.

• JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Carrie you might wanna keep an eye on the figures in here just in case you guys review your update and need to see what the folks think without the banter ;-)
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Now I will say I hate ships 2.0 but I don’t think the RNG is that bad. I just care that it’s more stagnant than ever and kicked a bunch of ships in the balls.
  • Options
    I can't vote either way definitively positively or negatively.

Maybe it's just me but I don't really seem much difference. I'm using pretty much the same ships and getting pretty much the same results. Battles seems to be taking pretty much the same sort of times. Maybe a tiny bit longer?

My Slave is a little better...maybe a couple of my ships not quite so good.

But apart from that? I don't see much difference.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Once people get the Geos and Republic and FO and Restistance ships geared you will start seeing a bigger variety I think. Now, people are still using their best ships.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Once people get the Geos...geared you will start seeing a bigger variety I think.

Rare for me - but serendipitously my Geo ships are already pretty good because I always had a soft spot for them.

• Options
    Absolute hate it.
    Too much RNG dependent and everyone now runs the same ships only.
    And mostly fight end after 30-60 seconds. More than 50% of fight it is not required to use the ultimate.
    Booring as hell now.

Also funny that CG told they will not nerf any ships, but a lot has nerfed.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Absolute hate it.
    And mostly fight end after 30-60 seconds. More than 50% of fight it is not required to use the ultimate.
    Booring as hell now.

You must be on a newer shard. For ships 1.0, everyone on mature shards was running the exact same lineup, the fights went fast, and the ultimate was never used, let alone 50% of the time.

Funny thing is that most people are complaining about the fights taking longer now. And I've had more fights with both cap ships getting the ultimate out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah exactly. Ultimate is used every battle. Pre-change it was possible for battles to last 30 seconds between 2 Thrawns with maxed ships and the ultimate would get used 1 battle out of 10.

I have been running 7* g8 Sun Fac for the last 2 months anyway to allow me to hold one more turn to get to the Thrawns upgraded ultimate. Glad I spent time on him. He is pretty good now.
  • Options
    I hate it but I believe it is intended. More trouble = More spending (especially for new ability materials & capital ship mats which you need several thousands)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Absolute hate it.
    Booring as hell now.

You must be on a newer shard. For ships 1.0, everyone on mature shards was running the exact same lineup, the fights went fast, and the ultimate was never used, let alone 50% of the time.

Funny thing is that most people are complaining about the fights taking longer now. And I've had more fights with both cap ships getting the ultimate out.

The fact that battles are taking longer would seem to indicate that CG didn't fully understand how their own game mode works, considering they shortened the timer and indicated that one of the goals if the rework was to shorten ship battle times.

So what do you think? Were they being disingenuous or do they not understand the game?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I don't worry about their motivations. I worry about if I'm having fun.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I don't worry about their motivations. I worry about if I'm having fun.

As do I - which is why I don't like ships 2.0. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    players who thinks it's pure RNG are noobs.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Absolute hate it.
    Booring as hell now.

I'd agree with some points and refute some points.

1. Too much RNG. Yes agreed. More often than not battles are decided by how many ships are left after I get struck by enemy chimaera ult. Also imperial tie dodges less often, but when it does, it feed more turnmeter than before. It still drives me crazy enough. Mine never dodges, enemy's always dodges. Again, as annoying as it always has been.

2. Everyone runs same lineup. Agreed, but this might change over time. Geonosian triple garbage has become Geonosian triumvirate, Millennium Falcon's unique buff (The thing that you gain through 2nd special ability, spinning is a good trick) is unremovable now, so it has gotten some more usefulness, etc.

3. Mostly fights end in 30~60 seconds. Agreed. Only in my dream. COMPLETELY the other way in my experience. My fleet is 335k power now, with 7 star G11 executrix, G12 Vader, Maxed FOTP, Maxed TFP, G11 Biggs, G12-G9 Reaper (7* 7* 7*), G9 Boba, G8-9zeta Falcon. The matches always end after both me and opponent have used ultimate fleet commander abilities. It takes forever. And it really drives me crazy if I almost got them and get ohko'ed by enemy chimaera's ult. That ability is a pure carcinogen.

4. More than 50% of the fights ... ultimate. Say no more please. I wish what you said is the case for me too.

5. Booring as hell now. Agreed. Completely based on RNG's willingness to screw up everything with enemy Chimaera's ult or leave some ships for me afterwards.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Yep, playing two and half years with a GP of 3 million+...just a noob. C'mon man, you're better than this.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yep, playing two and half years with a GP of 3 million+...just a noob.

I'm reasonably sure you don't think it's pure RNG though, otherwise, yes, just a noob.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options
    If it still would be 5v5 it might have been a good update. But it sucks the way it is now.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    Options
    In another poll I voted I liked the changes, I just reconsidered it, it as bad as always, maybe even worse.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options

Sure that’s one way of looking at things. When you’ve been in this game since the beginning and have never dropped out of top 10 in arena and run in a top guild, noob seems to be a befitting title I guess.

Seriously man! I thought you generally had an intelligent point of view, what happened?
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    Options
    insane update
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »

Sure that’s one way of looking at things. When you’ve been in this game since the beginning and have never dropped out of top 10 in arena and run in a top guild, noob seems to be a befitting title I guess.

Seriously man! I thought you generally had an intelligent point of view, what happened?

I've got the same list i can give you about my "ingame carreer", still doesn't mean i'm not a noob though.
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    i still do just as well for now but it seems capital is way more important now, only low level capital at my ranks was a home one. i do feel that maybe mace capital is in a odd spot, vs tarkin u dont really want to use anything but valor or reinforce, so it kinda makes your other spells useless. while applying taunt could be ever so useful at first, doing so reduce your tm gains and speed so u migth not reach prot up for tarkin tie swarm wich is kind of important, ontop of delaying reinforce. you would want to use taunt and target lock shot but as it is now for me that is rare i use it. other then that the new protection up is a definite improvement over old version, it do infact seem more viable then before but that is for now. so all of mace basic spells are good but when do we get to use them?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »

I can relate. It's hard to stay both positive and logical in the face of overwhelming day-after-day negativity about every single thing in the game.
  • Whatelse73
    2164 posts Member
    Options
    It's been a few days already and the top 50 on my fleet shard? It is split between Tarkin and Thrawn, about evenly. Lineups? Biggs, Tie Advanced, and Tie Fighter. Though there are some that have FO TF or Tie Slicer as their third. But, that's pretty much the META right there.

It's a race towards who goes first and who can knock out biggs and get their reinforcement in first so it becomes 4v2. Warrior put up a good video, along with Smithie D about ships, but at the end of the day, this is what I've seen on my fleet shard. There were a couple with Ackbar and even one Mace cap ship in the top 50, but no more.

So there "might" be more rock paper scissors, but only with reinforcements currently.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that there's as many Tarkin as Thrawn is a big change though. Before this change it was all Thrawn.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that there's as many Tarkin as Thrawn is a big change though. Before this change it was all Thrawn.

This maybe because the battle is much more rng, therefore theres less strategic value of capital ships now, = variety in capital ships, since people are fed up with the current state and want to find something thats more of a stable choice. Tarkin was always a stable choice, its a painfully simple ship.
    So variety does not necessary mean the game mode is better.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »

This maybe because the battle is much more rng

Just because your decision-making leads to more rng doesn't mean there's more rng in ships now.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options

This maybe because the battle is much more rng

Just because your decision-making leads to more rng doesn't mean there's more rng in ships now.

My decision making? Please tell me your decision making system that clearly makes you a winner against the current biggs tfp vader trio with slave1 reinf. I have the same fleet, even better stats and yet I often lose dependong on both tfps evade rate.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I often lose dependong on both tfps evade rate.

Well there's one problem right there, stop targeting the TF without using Vader or Poe's special. Just because they cut the dodge rate down doesn't mean you should just attack it willy-nilly now.