Since these new "titles" can take a lot of grinding to get, why not make them come with an ability?

Bane1492
121 posts Member
edited May 2018
As it is now, titles don't really do anything. Who will care what your title is after all the work you put into getting it. The rewards for achieving a title are kind of insulting, so who cares about those either.

I'd like to see them come with a bonus for your team. Like a unique ability. For example, Vader's Fist gives all allies a 25% chance to inflict damage over time on a basic attack. Dark Side Historian gives all allies a 20% chance to stun when attacking out of turn. Each title will have its own bonus. They could even be specific to certain factions. They could create new arena metas instead of everyone running the same thing at any given point.

I'd be on board with putting the work in to get a title if it was worth while. As it is now, and I'm not alone here, it's too much effort for what it is.

Replies

• Options
    Nope, they’re simply a bonus extra. Since they are too much work in your words, don’t bother doing them, won’t harm a thing, Not everything needs to have huge rewards attached to it .
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Nope, they’re simply a bonus extra. Since they are too much work in your words, don’t bother doing them, won’t harm a thing, Not everything needs to have huge rewards attached to it .

I know what they are now; something a lot of people don't care about. What's wrong with making them more? Like I said it could spice things up in the arena and open it up to factions that don't have a chance now. If we have to spend energy and sometimes resources to get a title, giving all players motivation to achieve the title would be in ea's best interest.
  • Options
    Why is it required to “spice “ them up? There are plenty of factions that work in arena, and more to come I’m sure.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Why is it required to “spice “ them up? There are plenty of factions that work in arena, and more to come I’m sure.

Sure, that's why well over half the shard is running palpatine right now. A title that gives Rogue One or Ewoks a bonus could give it more variety.

That's only an afterthought, though. Why create an entire game mode just for people who care about a title when they could get far more people excited enough to participate? That's the main point. Make the masses care about achieving a title. Make it exciting.
  • Teiz1973
    12 posts Member
    Options
    I figure these titles are fun for folks that just started to play. They are a useless asset for folks that have played this game since forever. As it is this entire upgrade holds nothing except a few setbacks for long time players.