Secret tfp nerf

Really glad you guys needed tfp dodge. I wanted to spend my money on ability packs to upgrade him only to find out he was secretly nerfed.

This is the sort of thing that needs to be disclosed in advance. You’re going to get some very dissatisfied customers from this type of move.

I want a refund of ability materials. Particularly ship omegas which are very difficult to obtain.

Replies

• TVF
    36628 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    They said some ships would be improved and others would be deproved (I'm trademarking that) in an attempt to improve balance. Nothing secret about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    you not noticing =/= secret
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    you not noticing =/= secret

Yes.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    They said some ships would be improved and others would be deproved (I'm trademarking that) in an attempt to improve balance. Nothing secret about it.

And yet I think the move has overall deproved ships. Time will tell but I'm not a fan of the update and really wish they would have done a large post detailing out all the changes they made. Kinda like the character reveal posts, there's enough changes that every ship is practically brand new.

Mind you that should've happened a day or 2 before the update went live
  • Options
    They basically nerfed everything so people have to put more $ into their ships just to get back to where they were. I’m **** biggs is still the **** good tank he always was. Which was stupid since he got one shot by vader. Wedge should have been the tank, he lived.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They basically nerfed everything so people have to put more $ into their ships just to get back to where they were. I’m **** biggs is still the **** good tank he always was. Which was **** since he got one shot by vader. Wedge should have been the tank, he lived.

That's funny, because the front lineup for everyone I am seeing is still the same.

Maybe they did it just balance with the changes like they said. Nnaaa too simple.
  • Options
    Reaper yeah - it essentially makes it a reinforcement at best.

But TFP? His dodge is even MORE potent. It doesn't happen as often (almost 50% geez), but 25% TM gain is battle-winning. And with ability 2 granting Foresight, I truly fear a lone Tie.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • ElikSemak
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Maybe they did it just balance with the changes like they said. Nnaaa too simple.

Maybe... But they did it wrong.
    As balancing way, nerfing is the worst and the most disrespectful to the players.
    Unfortunally is also the best way for cash collection:
    TFP dodge is "too high"? why not add an ability on rebel ships that decrease dodge on tie when critical hit?Or create some others frakking ships instead of create 7 character each month (ooops... characters are also cash collector...)

Maybe they did it just for money, without considering the players, like they'll never say. Nnaaaa too simply real
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ElikSemak wrote: »
    As balancing way, nerfing is the worst and the most disrespectful to the players.
    TFP dodge is "too high"? why not add an ability on rebel ships that decrease dodge on tie when critical hit?Or create some others frakking ships instead of create 7 character each month (ooops... characters are also cash collector...)

Maybe they did it just for money, without considering the players, like they'll never say. Nnaaaa too simply real

Maybe, but balancing (or nerfing as people like to call it when their favorite toon/item/etc is the one balanced) has to be an up and down adjustment. If you never subtract and only add, powercreep gets even more out of hand. If Reaper's TM reduction is too much, you reduce it. You don't adjust every other facet of the game to help mitigate Reaper - then you end up with 100 more imbalances.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    ElikSemak wrote: »

Where are you quoting me here? I can’t find it.