What’s working for you in ships 2.0?

NicWester
8928 posts Member
Now that I’ve had some time to try different things, I’m getting the hang of the new system and really like ships 2.0, though there’s some improvements needed.

What’s working for you? My starting line up has more or less settled on 5s, Biggs, and Vader. I want someone that can taunt, but Plo Koon isn’t fast enough. I like 5s to get a fast Target Lock and Vader as an insurance policy. I burn down the enemy Biggs first, which is a lot easier now.

I was using Endurance at first, but its abilities are so bad now. I’m using Home One for now while transitioning over to Executrix, but that’ll be a while and hopefully something new will come along first. Home One has good speed and its AoE now calls two assists all the time, perfect for crackong those Biggses early.

I’m still experimenting with reinforcements, but so far my all-stars have been Clone Sgt ARC and Poe. ARC is my preferred tank, but it only taunts if it’s brought in as a reinforcement... So if I need to be defensive I’ll bring him in first. Otherwise I’ll bring in Poe and have him blast someone without protection (usually TIEs). Clone ARC is also pretty handy with this with his improved missile.

I’m digging Plo Koon for now, but I don’t know if he’s helping me win, or just ensuring that I win by more... I might swap it out for Jedi Consular since his reinforcement does close to the same thing and you can do a big assist right off the bat.

Also been using Millenium Falcon, but the damage is just non-existent and frustrating... Might replace it with Resistance X-Wing once I improve her reinforce ability to 40% assist chance.
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I’m using Chimaera, starting with TIE, Biggs, Vader, reinforced with Boba Fett, Silencer, FO TIE, and Falcon.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    I also like Home one. Good speed and bonus dmg on assists is great. It synergises nicely with Ghost, since it can call up to 3 assists with his special.
    Bobba is supposed to be good, but mine feel weak tbh, even with a properly geared boba.
    Tie silencer is also handy with his stun, and Kylo with his heal immunity.. Fantastix debuff to be put on Biggs.
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I’m using Chimaera, starting with TIE, Biggs, Vader, reinforced with Boba Fett, Silencer, FO TIE, and Falcon.

Me too, but I use the reaper as a reinforcement. its dispel is useful against slave 1
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Me too, but I use the reaper as a reinforcement. its dispel is useful against slave 1

Hm. A more reliable dispel than 5s is definitely something I could use. My Reaper isn't good enough, so I think I'll try Asohka in the meantime. She's effectively a double-dispel.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Dont really play ships before because GW wasting too much time before, soo lazy to do it, lying around 400 and whatever, now I am at 100s (still a match per day).

6*Home one
    Tie Silencer, FOSF tie, Biggs

Reinforcements:
    4*Poe (hardware upgrade)
    Cassian (hardware upgrade)
    Wedge (strongest ship other than those 5)

Strange comp I know, but we have too few ships to choose from and really hard to farm....
  • Options
    So what is considered best capital besides chimaera atm? in my shard it's only tarkins, a few home ones and endurance.
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Hm. A more reliable dispel than 5s is definitely something I could use. My Reaper isn't good enough, so I think I'll try Asohka in the meantime. She's effectively a double-dispel.

I've decided not to worry about dispel. I just bring in Geo Soldier. Today he hit for 70k and then called Vader who also hit for 70k, thanks to TL on target and offense up on both. Go ahead and do retribution, Maul, a ship that is vaporized can't hit back.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Been using Chimera with Vader Biggs and TFP as starting three... One thing I have been doing is having chimera call Vader to attack the first round, this typically lets me finish off Biggs with Chimera's turn. I maxed out Vader's and Chimera's Basic, he really does hit like a truck when called. I know its odd to use chimera's basic, but its far better to finish off enemy Biggs IMO.

I am working on Bistan's ship... I am guessing Bistan - Vader - Biggs would rock this strat...

Sadly I already put most of my upgrade mats into Chimera...

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Unpoular opinion: TIE Fighter kind of sucks. Too fragile, good speed, but otherwise it's a liability.

I wish the AI would have 5s open up with his special...
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Been using Chimera with Vader Biggs and TFP as starting three... One thing I have been doing is having chimera call Vader to attack the first round, this typically lets me finish off Biggs with Chimera's turn. I maxed out Vader's and Chimera's Basic, he really does hit like a truck when called. I know its odd to use chimera's basic, but its far better to finish off enemy Biggs IMO.

I am working on Bistan's ship... I am guessing Bistan - Vader - Biggs would rock this strat...

Sadly I already put most of my upgrade mats into Chimera...

Yeah Vader's basic upgraded and used with Chims basic has been helping alot.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    I've been liking Ahsoka as a reinforcement. Once the other guy drops Slave 1, I can call Ahsoka to dispell all those buffs on him, making his 100 reinforcement mats a waste, and then go about dispelling Biggs so that I can finally kill someone (or do it the other way around, but the slight chance of Slave 1 dodging scares me)
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Options
    Executrix : first 3 line-up are Biggs,FOTP and Vader.As back-up i use Reaper,Sun Fac's ship,Phasma/Kylo's command shuttle and Scimitar (being one of my strongest ships).
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Unpoular opinion: TIE Fighter kind of sucks. Too fragile, good speed, but otherwise it's a liability.

I wish the AI would have 5s open up with his special...

TIE goes first (mostly) and has a 70% TL chance. And now Biggs is taunting.

I tried FOTF for a while instead but TIE works so much better for me on offense.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    TIE goes first (mostly) and has a 70% TL chance. And now Biggs is taunting.

I tried FOTF for a while instead but TIE works so much better for me on offense.

Use both. 2-3 chances for TL, or some massive damage if Tie lands TL, and both are fast so you should get it in quickly.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/