Rogue One sans Baze

YKMisfit
730 posts Member
So I'm a little ways away from getting Baze's node unlocked, and it's a long farm from there to get him all the way to 7*.

But in order to do the Rogue One TB mission, you need 5 (it'll let me go in with 4 but obviously 5 is needed). I have the rest of the standard R1 team (Jyn, Cassian, K2, and Chirrut) at 7* and relatively geared but I want to be able to run a full team.

So my questions are these:

1. Until I can get Baze, who is the best remaining R1 toon to round out the squad?
- Bistan
- Pao
- Scariff Rebel Pathfinder
- Bodhi Rook

2. Can you actually run a decent R1 team without Baze?

I'm leaning towards SRP, but I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on these toons.

Replies

• Options
    Yeah... getting a tank would be good here. Bistan and Scarif have a great ship, too.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Can you have a decent Rogue 1 team without Baze? Yes.

Can you beat that specific node without Baze? Not easily.

Especially since most of the other R1 options are just not good. Like, at all.

Bodhi in particular is one of the worst units in the game. Pathfinder is just kinda gimmicky. Your best bet is probably Bistan. Prepping Pao gets you progress toward Chex Mix, though.
    Still not a he.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    SRP can actually be pretty good, but you need to make him fast as he doesn't auto-taunt in the same way Baze and K2 do.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yeah SRP gives TM, offense down, and self revives. He is a good character, just needs to be fast. I dont have it yet but with Jyns zeta it would probably make that node pretty easily doable. I think you can probably do it with SRP though.

For kicks might try him at gear 6 or 7. He will die a lot and grant speed up and Jyn can rez him if he doesnt self rez. I used to use him with Nightsisters before my zombie was ready and it works ok.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Bodhi and Pao are designed to work all together. Pao gives offense up and Bodhi gives +50% defense to allies with offense up. For TB, Bodhi is not as bad since he can reduce empire TM while giving rebels TM.
    So either go for Jyn, K2, Cassian, Pao, Bodhi or Scarif which gives TM on his basic.
    In fact, Pao, Bodhi and SRP are designed to better work with CLS than Jyn.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Well, I finally unlocked Baze after an eternity of hitting his single hard node, and now it's on to getting him to 7*. Since that'll likely take the better part of a decade, and I've just finished farming the last of the obvious choices from the Cantina Store, anyone have a suggestion as to which is the better toon to farm first between Pao and Bistan?

I'm leaning towards Pao for basically no reason other than he looks cool and I've had him on another account. Bistan is probably the smart pick just because he also has the ship, but I don't see myself farming SRP any time soon.

I started this thread a while ago with the intention of farming someone for the TB special mission, but other farms took priority. Now that I'm out of other options in the Cantina Store, I've decided to focus on my R1 squad again.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Bistan has his ship. You only really need to unlock him for that.

Pao is useful in Chex Mix for P3 heroic Sith. That requires seven stars.
    Still not a he.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I'll be taking whichever one I decide to farm first to 7* so that's not a problem (though my guild isn't doing Heroic Sith anyway). And neither will be more than a place holder in their TB mission until I get Baze to a usable level, but I suppose that thanks to TWs, anyone 6,000+ power is a usable toon.

Really, it's a pretty low-stakes choice to make. Neither toon will be used for much, I just figured rather than flip a coin, I'd see if anyone had any opinions on the characters or could see a reason why one might actually be useful for something. And since I already had a thread started to discuss it...
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    For that team, for that battle, I think SRP is the best option. RO doesn't need to hit hard. They just need to survive long enough to chip away with exposes. K2 and another tank (Baze or SRP) have great survivability thanks to HOTs from Chirrut.

Plus even once you get Baze, you always need more tanks for TW. SRP is pretty decent with some rebel scraps.