Galactic war store farming

Axiom
39 posts Member
What should I go for first - Zeb or Biggs? I am farming other Phoenix as well. Or should I go for something else entirely?
Also, should I focus on one character only, get it to 5 star at least then farm another or get everything first then upgrade?

Replies

• Options
    I would go Zeb first, because Phx gets you Thrawn and Palp. I've got both to 7* now, but I really only use Biggs for fleet ATM.

Also, my strategy is always just to focus everything on taking a toon straight to 7*, unless I realize I need another one sooner, at which point I shift my focus. Doesn't hurt to make a ship shard purchase every once and a while, though, if you need it.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    Depending on how fast you're able to farm Kanan or any of the cantina toons, it might not matter. You could end up having both of them at 7* by the time you finish the rest of your Phoenix.

But yeah, if you're farming the rest of the PS, do Zeb first. If not, go ahead and start with Biggs. Either way, these are definitely the first 2 GW store toons you should be farming.
  • Axiom
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answers!
    I have one more question: What should I farm using the normal energy? Just gear or some toons as well? And which toons do I go for first?
  • Options
    Sabine. She's a super long grind due to being on a single hard node. But the sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish. Other than her, it depends on your goals.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    My advice on Zeb/Biggs: if you're farming the rest of Phoenix, you're probably alternating Ezra and Hera. I'd also alternate Zeb and Biggs. Biggs is going to be your star pilot in fleet, and the faster you finish him, the stronger your fleet will be. Just make sure that Zeb is at least as many stars as your lowest-starred Phoenix toon. BUT. If you're not clearing GW every day and only able to purchase 5-10 shards, then focusing exclusively on Zeb is a good idea.

Several options for regular energy:
    -Boba is a great scoundrel you can use for Credit Heist and you might want to start on him while you're buying Chopper from Cantina store
    -Sabine is Phoenix and takes forever
    -Royal Guard is Empire, and you need 5 Empire toons to get R2
    -FOTP is a good DS pilot and helps get you BB-8; he's a long farm too
    -FOST is a longish farm but also good for BB-8
  • Options
    Ooh yeah - forgot FOTP. He at least gets 2 nodes. RG is a rough call, I never used him for R2 and he's not that great later on. Boba is definitely a good call, if you're not buying him from Cantina Store.
  • Options
    Ooh yeah - forgot FOTP. He at least gets 2 nodes. RG is a rough call, I never used him for R2 and he's not that great later on. Boba is definitely a good call, if you're not buying him from Cantina Store.

RG is probably unnecessary since OP is farming Phoenix and will eventually have both Palp and Thrawn, but RG was my ticket into the R2 event. Always good to have a backup in case events don't drop in the order you want them to. Unfortunately, he is pretty useless after that. He's sitting on the shelf collecting dust for me right now, still at level 79.
  • Options

RG is probably unnecessary since OP is farming Phoenix and will eventually have both Palp and Thrawn, but RG was my ticket into the R2 event. Always good to have a backup in case events don't drop in the order you want them to. Unfortunately, he is pretty useless after that. He's sitting on the shelf collecting dust for me right now, still at level 79.

Oh absolutely - backup plans are a great idea. I only had 5* EP when R2 came back last time, which was a huge monkey wrench in my plans. Luckily I had 7* Stormtrooper so I was able to grab R2 anyways and then finish the Emperor a few days later. That being said, I'm not sure I'd dedicate that precious hard node energy to RG.
  • Axiom
    39 posts Member
    Options
    As for gw I've just opened it yesterday and managed to beat it. I know it'll get harder as my GP goes up so if you have any tips for how to keep it down those would be appreciated.
    Like should I not activate and promote toons I don't use as much?
  • Options
    Axiom wrote: »
    As for gw I've just opened it yesterday and managed to beat it. I know it'll get harder as my GP goes up so if you have any tips for how to keep it down those would be appreciated.
    Like should I not activate and promote toons I don't use as much?

General consensus is that GW enemies are based off of some measure of your strongest characters. SO if anything, activating and promoting toons outside your main squad will help you keep GW manageable as it gives you more toons to use.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Sabine. She's a super long grind due to being on a single hard node. But the sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish. Other than her, it depends on your goals.

Don't farm sabine, she's not that great for thrawn.
  • Options
    Random9 wrote: »

Don't farm sabine, she's not that great for thrawn.

If you want to get Chimaera, you have to unlock her, and you should probably star and gear some. If you want to use Phoenix in raids, she helps immensely.