The race to the ultimate ability in ships

Maybe someone can shed some light on this. When two capital ships have the same speed at 152 (Thrawn’s ship) how is it that the AI favors the enemy capital ship 100% of the time to go first at every attempt it possibly has? By the time the enemy ship gets to take its turn, they send their ultimate down to kill off most of your fleet by this time. Generally there’s 1 ship left and now it’s your capital ships turn but with no abilities to use.

I just don’t understand how it’s possible that the order stays that way in every battle. How is there no variation to who gets the TM advantage here?

Replies

• Options
    Ai is in kahoots with rng theyre buddy buddy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    its not 100% of the time. its RNG on who goes first when 2 toons/ships hit 100% TM.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Come watch my battles @Kyno 100% of the time is pretty close to accurate. It’s actually about 92% of my battles so far since the update came out. I have literally lost 83% of my battles solely bc the opposing Thrawn ship gets to use his ultimate first. The RNG is heavily favored to the enemy ship if that’s all it’s coming down too. And it’s making ships nearly unplayable bc of it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have had a very different experience. only 1 time was I even surprised by the other ship releasing its ultimate first.

I have also had a battle where i was able to launch my ultimate 2 times, after he got one off in between.

I am just not seeing as much RNG as it used to be. Its still not ideal but I do feel a difference.

It really used to be:
    - did you go first?
    - did you TL?
    - Did tie dodge?

if 2 out of 3 didn't go in your favor, you lost. and they are all RNG dependent.

Now:
    I have won matches where:
    - i didn't TL
    - i lost biggs early
    - the other side has gotten its ultimate off first
    - i have been down to 1v4 and came back (the comeback was almost not a thing in the previous version of ships from my experience)

I'm still not sold on ships but they are different and do offer different things that I feel are not as much "did i sacrifice a goat at the right time of year?"

• tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve seen way more RNG since the update. And as stated above, the ultimate of Thrawn going off and leaving me with 1 ship and no abilities for my capital ship to lose 83% of my battles is behind frustrating. I’ve yet to have a comeback win of 1v3-4. It’s unreal how nearly every time the opposing Thrawn ship gets the TM advantage. It’s not even close. It’s not enjoyable at all. I didn’t care for ships much before. But I despise them now. The only reason I feel obligated to play them is for crystals and zeta currency. If it wasn’t for that I’d never touch ships. Not even for guild stuff. I feel it’s that bad of a game mode. It’s the worst RNG mess of the game imo.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    I have literally lost 83% of my battles.

83%, not divisible so u have done 100 battles, tracked them all and won 17 ? Literally ?

"95" of all internet facts are false"__Abraham Lincoln

Including this most likely...All 3 Geos under AA w/ Boba as your 1st reinforcement is all u need. They kill quick enuf that u don't need a 2nd reinforcement.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    I’m assuming you don’t understand how winning percentages work. Bc you don’t have to have to have done 100 battles to end up with 83%.
  • Options
    More people are unhappy than before. Epic fail.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    He could've been rounding 15/18 = 83.33333% (
    Not saying I believe him, just saying he could've been rounding.

I'd just like to point out that almost all of what Kyno was talking about was RNG dependent, and ships 2.0 has simply become more about RNG and less about strategy. Feels like Poe coinflip meta combined with the evasion meta. <3 it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    He could've been rounding 15/18 = 83.33333% (
    Not saying I believe him, just saying he could've been rounding.

I'd just like to point out that almost all of what Kyno was talking about was RNG dependent, and ships 2.0 has simply become more about RNG and less about strategy. Feels like Poe coinflip meta combined with the evasion meta. <3 it.

The ship i choose to come in with out of reinforcements is not RNG dependent. This choice has allowed me to come back from a bad start.

the enemy scimitar coming in and putting retribution on TFP is not RNG, thats actually a situation i put myself in. that caused the other side to get the ultimate off first.

not TL is RNG and thats fine. the thing is that its no longer a losing proposition because of that one fact, like it used to be.
  • Options
    I don't like thinking about it but I have to agree with you on one thing. Never have I won a flip coin against other thrawn since this update. Mine is maxed (154 speed iirc) and every time I fight another chimaera, the other wins the flip every single turn. I have tested it the last days and of course I took into account things like TF dodge and reaper (which I really think it's bugged btw)