Leia machine gun squad

Can someone please just explain to me how this works. What toons are needed. What zetas. How much dmg it can get.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to Strategy section
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    IIRC it's Ackbar, Leia, and a few non-rebel tanks or healers. Ackbar lead so any time a special non-attack ability is used, a rebel attacks. Ideally (I think) Ackbar dies early, and every time someone else taunts, heals, etc., Leia attacks (and multi-attacks hopefully). I don't use this so I might be getting some of it wrong but I think that's the idea.

I've had some luck in P3 (granted, T4) using a variant which is Thrawn, Magma, Leia, ROLO, and Deathtrooper. DT puts up deathmark and everyone else goes to town on it (Thrawn karate chop is four hits, magma double hit each basic, Leia 1-3 attacks each basic, ROLO 12 hits on special). I done more damage with Veers in place of ROLO but I think that's only because ROLO is undergeared atm (G7 on my previous attempt) and dies too quickly. 4m with ROLO, 5.5m with Veers.
    Post edited by TVF on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    No offense man but t4 isn’t the same as heroic and your DT should not be used on that squad in heroic either.

Anyone who uses machine gun leia in heroic that can help a brotha out
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    None taken, and no offense to you, but next time if you mention Heroic in either your thread title or OP, people like me won't bother.

And first paragraph still stands. The discussion I heard about it in was in reference to Heroic.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    it's basically what TVF said, ackbar lead, non-rebel tanks/healers and leia.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Yeah it was my fault I should’ve been more specific. What tanks? Does it matter? And how much dmg to expect?
  • Options
    Also is zeta on leia needed
  • Options

Nah, you don't need zeta on Leia. By the time Sion and friends can target Leia directly, Sion is in overdrive and Leia is Suffering. He mows her down in short order whether or not she has full protection. You get one extra turn max if Leia has full protection regenerated from her zeta.

I run Ackbar Leia StHan GK Hermie for around 750k on Heroic STR. It is not optimal, StHan is pretty soft. Sith Trooper would be better, really any non-rebel taunt; I am going to try UKR on the next one.
  • Options

There are a couple variations of the machine gun squad. I've had better success in heroic using Nute lead.

Nute (L)
    Leia - no zeta required
    GK
    HYoda (preferred) or zBarriss
    Sabine

Why Nute? He grants +50% critical chance and turnmeter the first time a crit lands. Plus, with Scion's defense at Heroic, you really need something like 70%+ critical chance to reliably land a critical hit.

So how does it work?

GK will get his taunt up with the first critical hit, your healer keeps him alive, Sabine does armor shred (getting it off twice is good, thrice is ideal), Leia needs a lot of speed and combined with the TM gain from Nute lead she'll be going a lot. Do not cleanse pain from her, but do cleanse it from others. By the time she is full pain, she'll be gritting for around 30k (G12, of course). Nute doesn't need to survive, the other 4 do, so low gear works.