Not New, but looking for guidance

So I've been playing this game since 2016 on IOS, and I realize that I am stretching myself too thin. I'm a little over a million galactic power, but I keep starting something and then switching to other things or wasting time on things that I later find out are irrelevant. I'm looking for a highly experienced player to just look at a few things with me, including my roster, and help me decide on a worthwhile course of action so that I stop wasting so many rasources. Any takers? I'm on Discord as DanMan25.

Replies

• Options
    So I've been playing this game since 2016 on IOS, and I realize that I am stretching myself too thin. I'm a little over a million galactic power, but I keep starting something and then switching to other things or wasting time on things that I later find out are irrelevant. I'm looking for a highly experienced player to just look at a few things with me, including my roster, and help me decide on a worthwhile course of action so that I stop wasting so many rasources. Any takers? I'm on Discord as DanMan25.
  • Options
    Post your swgoh.gg account link on here and people can have a look at what you've got and give you some advice
  • Options
    One question I have is the best way to get mods. Speed seems to be the way to go with them but does that mean the mod challenges or should you wait and just try to utilize the store? To do the challenges is to level up five man squads of just about everything. I'm also completely lost on the new ships. Just as a starting point.
  • Options
    It has to approve the link so it'll come at some point.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    You can great mods in health mods.... You just need to be picky and know you will sell 90% of what you farm..... Speed primary arrows only, and ensure everything else has a speed secondary......

That's in mod challenges..... You want only 5 dot mods...
  • Options
    I thought you had to have primary speed to get the percentage speed bonuses? Don't you need about four of them at least?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Primary isn't what type of mod it is..... Primary is the mod's primary boost.... The type of mod is what times you the set bonus.....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to new player section, you may not be new but many players can gain from the advice given. Also look around here this used to be the academy section and contains a lot of great knowledge.

Mods - buy them in the mod store when they are gold and have a speed secondary. Also commit a budget of crystals to farming mods from the table.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Posting a link to your swgoh.gg profile could help you right here and now.
  • Options
    It's waiting on approval as we speak
  • Options
    For Discord, you need to also include the "#nnnn" where n is a number.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    removed
    Post edited by Stud3099 on
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    I found your other posts in the spam queue. It looks like you have a duplicate post as well. Since the other one has a fair number of comments, I'll merge them.
  • DanMan25
    16 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    Simply just focus on one team at a time. Looking at your roster I’d farm the characters needed for CLS(Leia, StrmtrooperHan, Old Ben, Farmboy Luke,R2). Their gears are very important too.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Options
    I submitted a friend request on Discord.
    At the moment, I’d look at getting ready for the hero’s journey and legendary characters. If you get Old Ben his last star, you’ll be ready to get Commander Luke Skywalker the next time his event comes around (probably around the end of June). And if you can put one more star on First Order TIE Pilot, you’ll be able to unlock BB8 at 5* when his event next comes in mid June.
  • DanMan25
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Yea I have been leveling old Ben for that and I saw bb8 is up again in a few weeks so I stopped Ben and went for the FO executioner instead bc I get way more shards in cantina than I would in the light and dark side battles so I am trying for him instead of the tie
  • DanMan25
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Also just accepted the request
  • Options
    Simply just focus on one team at a time. Looking at your roster I’d farm the characters needed for CLS(Leia, StrmtrooperHan, Old Ben, Farmboy Luke,R2). Their gears are very important too.

This.

Set yourself goals - what characters do you want? Farm the team that will get you them.

Farming to get CLS would seem a smart move.

Building FO, to get BB8, to get JTR would seem a smart move.

You've got a decent Scoundrel team already so that's good.

I'd build Thrawn up too as he's a great stand-alone character.

• Options
    Want to ask you if your in a guild ? If not interested in going to a new guild strickly on tranning New and xp players become the best F2P or whalers around. I am in the process of just creating this guild. I am a pro level gamer that betas and test many games and been playing SWGOH now going on 3 years. And its the same always the big getting bigger and rarely ever do you see a guild were the last guy wins. Its commanders officers and high level players wining shards to rare unlockable toons they do not need . millions of credits because they have stock piles of mods gear and toons. A guild that were when they have won many times #1 and are high galactic power to move on to there own guild. Either theres or another's. To let another river eiger new or xp neglected player swim free. If this is something you are interested in please contact me at 545-735-621
    And for any new players or xp players that have been playing in the same old guild stagnit and never changing . high levels getting more and more. While little guys get scraps. This is the guild for you. And a guild first of its kind. Please look it up VECTORSIGMUS Force Order
    For the scrap eating neglected and geared. Its your turn to grow and become a force of your own.
    Thank you