Visas Marr - Where is she useful...or is she not useful?

Prev1
TVF
36605 posts Member
Now that Visas is farmable I've been building her up slowly. I tried her as my healer in STR T4 for my Wiggs team but she didn't make much difference (was using JC previously). So now I'm wondering if she's really useful anywhere. Is anyone using her:

-STR (any tier)
-TW (O or D and what team?)
-TB
-Arena (seems doubtful but maybe?)
I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Replies

• Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    STR - all tiers (P1 and P4 has worked best) TW - on offense (versus maul or KRU teams) TB - very much so, keeps lower gear toons alive and can revive also doesn't show up in platoons very often Arena - kinda sorta. I ran her pretty effectively against the EP meta until I got Poe to G12. Great on offense, bad on defense.

The absolute best place to use her is in the sith raid P1. I don't think a team comp with her has as much upside as the video of RJT, BB8, R2, RT, and Scav Rey, but I'm consistently getting 8 - 9.5% dmg.

jwrg4qw4q5tw.png
    Post edited by Rebel_yell on
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. For TW, what is it about Maul or KRU teams that makes her work with them? I ask because I don't have either toon built up to any usable level.

In STR I'm using R2 in that JTR lineup already.
  • Options
    I use Visas with NS in P1.
  • Options
    Does she work in p4 with first order to let them live longer?
    934-111-319
  • Options
    My personal experience is that Visas is more consistent in HSTR, but in other Tiers I would concede that R2D2 is better since the damage dealt is lower. R2D2 in that lineup is heavily RNG dependent on who gets the shield, if DN triple attacks, etc.

Visas v Maul - once she clears the daze from Maul's AoE she'll start clearing everyone else. He can be frustrating if everyone is dodging a lot, so she helps keep people alive since her basic will be healing. Since most Maul teams will only have his AoE, you won't have to worry about mass debuffs. Just helps keep a team alive and reduce RNG from Sith dodging.

Visas v Kru - same thing, you won't get the assists because they're not sith, but she will counter/heal to help keep other toons alive against the Crit Dmg train they can start doing. I just think she's the best healer and in TW your options are going to be limited on your counters, so she can help make any team a "soft counter" to a KRU team.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    In HSTR she is not needed - she doesnt outperform r2d2, however she is useless in any other phase so you can use r2d2 later on

As soon any debuff sticks on her she wont use her special nor she will riposte. As all Sith debuff she is crappy in many cases against them in reality.

Against KRU as soon she will be forced to attack him, he will give her as riposte a debuff and she is again crippled.

Her heal has a very huge cooldown, even it gets reduced it doesnt work well in Arena unless you are able to hide her under r2d2 cloak for example. Her kit is not well thought apparently - she could be good, but she isnt and she also is very buggy as her heal counts protection+hp and so often she wont even heal anyone in p1. Do not buy her and if you really want to farm her, be warned that she underperforms outside of p1.
  • Options
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I get by with her just fine in all the examples you laid out.

Happy to give advice if you're getting stuck somewhere.

R2D2 is heavily RNG dependent in P1. Higher upside, but may have to retreat a lot.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Visas v Maul - once she clears the daze from Maul's AoE she'll start clearing everyone else. He can be frustrating if everyone is dodging a lot, so she helps keep people alive since her basic will be healing. Since most Maul teams will only have his AoE, you won't have to worry about mass debuffs. Just helps keep a team alive and reduce RNG from Sith dodging.

Visas v Kru - same thing, you won't get the assists because they're not sith, but she will counter/heal to help keep other toons alive against the Crit Dmg train they can start doing. I just think she's the best healer and in TW your options are going to be limited on your counters, so she can help make any team a "soft counter" to a KRU team.

Oh, I thought you meant on those teams, not against them. Thanks.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Who else do you use? I've been going Asajj MT Acolyte Talia Daka for about 1.5m-1.8m in T4. Not great but enough to be one of my top 5 teams.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Her heal has a very huge cooldown

Well it depends if she's debuffing on her basic, which she's always doing in P1. And her basic heals as well. Comparing my run yesterday to the usual run with JC, those two factors meant the healing for the rest of my rebels was a little more consistent, but they don't die anyway so it's a wash there. I expected more damage because she hits marginally harder than JC, counters, clears defense down debuffs, and gives defense penetration on her other special, but it wasn't that much difference. Maybe 100k-200k.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Who else do you use? I've been going Asajj MT Acolyte Talia Daka for about 1.5m-1.8m in T4. Not great but enough to be one of my top 5 teams.

zzAsaaj MT Visas Daka Zombie
  • Options

Is this in Heroic? What kind of dmg % do you get?
  • Options

Oh, I thought you meant on those teams, not against them. Thanks.

Yeah. Looking back, it wasn't clear at all. I edited for other readers. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Her heal has a very huge cooldown

Well it depends if she's debuffing on her basic, which she's always doing in P1. And her basic heals as well. Comparing my run yesterday to the usual run with JC, those two factors meant the healing for the rest of my rebels was a little more consistent, but they don't die anyway so it's a wash there. I expected more damage because she hits marginally harder than JC, counters, clears defense down debuffs, and gives defense penetration on her other special, but it wasn't that much difference. Maybe 100k-200k.

Exactly. Her cooldown can be reduced in p1 quite well. Outside of p1 its not great. She can deal good damage in p1 and is quite good with Thrawn, DT, MT...but if you really should burn them in p1 is another question. So you don't really need her for p1 - simply as it is.

She sounded way more promising than she is. Reminds me on Mace Windu - a legendary character, which just doesnt rock.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Well since I'm doing T4 I'm not worried about burning anyone in P1. Everyone gets used in P1 and then I have to decide the next day who to use in P2, P3, or P4. I have been using Thrawn Magma DT Shore Veers in P1, but maybe she could replace Shore?
  • Options

Is this in Heroic? What kind of dmg % do you get?

Not Heroic unfortunately.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Which tier then and how much damage?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Non-Heroic T4 I use my 4* Visas in 2 teams.

P1 - Farmboy lead, CLS Leia Han Visas. Can do 1M+ damage. Farmboy lead resists all defense down and your multi-attackers can tear it up. Visas easily keeps everyone healed. Can sub Pao or Sabine in for CLS or Han.

P3 - my "Sith Mix" team. Sidious lead, Savage, Sith Assasin, Vader, Visas. Have her use her defense penetration ability, and then Stand Alone with her. She gets 4x attacker bonus and does a LOT of damage with counters. Stand Alone with Savage and Sid or Assasin also if you can.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

P1 - Farmboy lead, CLS Leia Han Visas. Can do 1M+ damage. Farmboy lead resists all defense down and your multi-attackers can tear it up. Visas easily keeps everyone healed. Can sub Pao or Sabine in for CLS or Han.

Do you have Wiggs? I use Wedge lead Biggs Han CLS + healer and can do 1.5m in T4.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    My guild mostly does T4 raids with a few T5’s here and there and I put a zeta on Visas just for the Sith raid. She is only G10 and works well in phase one. I use her with the standard JTR team with her instead of R2. Funny thing is I always do more damage with Hyoda in my lineup over Visas. I can get up to 4.5 million with Hyoda in my lineup and just hit 4 million with Visas. I don’t use R2 in this lineup because he always seems to die well before enrage. I do only have one zeta on R2 though. I havent really tried her in T4 yet.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Do you have Wiggs? I use Wedge lead Biggs Han CLS + healer and can do 1.5m in T4.

Yes I do but use them on a different team. I will swap them around and try your team too though.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    My guild mostly does T4 raids with a few T5’s here and there and I put a zeta on Visas just for the Sith raid. She is only G10 and works well in phase one. I use her with the standard JTR team with her instead of R2. Funny thing is I always do more damage with Hyoda in my lineup over Visas. I can get up to 4.5 million with Hyoda in my lineup and just hit 4 million with Visas. I don’t use R2 in this lineup because he always seems to die well before enrage. I do only have one zeta on R2 though. I havent really tried her in T4 yet.

I can do 6m in P1 T4 with the normal JTR setup, assuming decent RNG. The trick to keeping R2 alive without a healer is to give himself foresight every other turn (burn special in between) so that he avoids the AOE attack. And don't use his shield until the end of the run. This usually keeps him alive until enrage.

Giving him a multitool G12 piece or BB8's second zeta are other ways to keep him alive, but obviously at a higher cost.

Regardless, you want R2's second zeta. It clears the defense down from all your toons, which they need to clear so they can keep spamming specials.
  • Vettes4Fetts2
    523 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Which tier then and how much damage?

Sorry for the delay. T4, 1.5 mil, subpar mods. G12+3 zzVentress, G11 6* MT, G11 Daka, G8 5* Zombie, G11 4* zVisas
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I think you could probably do a little more with another NS instead of Visas (see my post about same tier, a little more damage). Her heals aren't necessary at all.
  • Options
    I never use her for heals, simply for removing defense down and armor penetration.
  • Options
    She’s good under an Ackbar lead on part 1, although that team is normally reserved for part 2. But I can do decent damage (4 mil) with Ackbar, CLS, raid Han, Visas, and hermit Yoda. Her assist triggers Ackbars leader assists. So for example: CLS uses “call to action” it’s not an attack and so triggers han to assist, his assist attacks a sith and so Visas assists (60% of the time), her attack doesn’t count as an attack and so triggers CLS to attack. So for using one non attack ability you get 3 attacks out of it. Not bad.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Visas assist doesn't count as an attack? That's weird.
  • Options
    She is super buggy.. These tough to farm zeta chars need to be their first priority to work smoothly?
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Buggy how?
  • Options
    Her revive fails intermittantly, she fails to counter intermittantly.