Defending Thrawn Ultimate always goes first, with less gearing, less abilities, and less speed.

Prev13
TFP never dodges because I never shoot at him. Vader, Biggs and TFP are the defensive fleet, and it does not fail that *every* single time I end up getting stuffed 2-3 turns from ultimate cooldown and it causes 40% of offensive battles (more on some days) to fail. I swear there is a bug or non-WAI situation here, and it is purely trash. I'd almost view it as an intended crystal grab, except I don't *completely* think that in this case.

That being said, there appears to be a bug here, what will it take for @CG_TopHat or someone else to look at this seriously as a potential bug or state that it's WAI and there's an intentional defense ultimate cooldown enhancement..

Dingo

Replies

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Is your Chim equal or better than your opponent's Chim? Including Thrawn?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I noticed that the enemy thrawn gets to his ultimate first when i face someone in arena. Usually I can get enough of a lead to survive it and use my thrawn ultimate to catch up and still win but it does seem to be working as you describe.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Mine goes first plenty of times.
  • Options
    I haven't paid much attention. Mine is only 6 stars so that may very well be it. I face some other six star ones and they seem to go first anyway. My thrawn is 7 star g12 but no g12 pieces yet. It may well be that my arena just all has thrawn higher. Like I said I can usually still win so I'm not teribbly worried about it. I still took 1st in arena yesterday.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Assuming no TM manipulation (which you still have to watch for), then any single advantage will typically ranslate into the other Chim going first. So for example, if the other Thrawn has one G12 piece. Or your Thrawn has one 4 dot mod instead of all five dot mods. Or if your Thrawn has one zeta and the other Thrawn has two. I'm not 100% sure of this in every case (not 100% sure if a one dot difference on one mod is enough to push the other Thrawn ahead) but in general those are all reasons your Thrawn could be going second.

Otherwise it's up to RNG.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Can you record it? If it's really a bug this would get traction real fast on that bug report forum thingy.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Pretty sure this is due to TIE Reaper Grim Visage ability:
    The enemy Capital Ship loses 5-15% Turn Meter whenever any ship is defeated, which can't be resisted.

Emphasis on any ship is defeated. You think you are whooping up on the enemy, smashing all his ships, but every time you defeat a ship you also slow down your own capital. That's why your opponent always reinforces first and reaches his ultimate first.

edited because I emphasized the wrong word, durr
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Did I miss the comment somewhere about facing Reaper?

That used to be true but none of my shardmates are using it anymore.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Options
    It would be helpful if you could post the speed of your and your opponent's chimaera (NOT Thrawn). With the current information, these are the potential explanations:

1) opponent's chimaera is faster
    2) TM manipulation. You're definitely not using any AoE attacks which tie could dodge? Eg chimaera's special? And the enemy tie isn't shooting anions with retribution? Are they using reaper as a reinforcement? There are a couple of other TM manipulators, I believe
    3) if both ships get to full TM at the same time, it's random which goes first.
    4) if none of the above, bug
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    And #4 is far less likely than the other three.
  • Options
    I haven't seen reaper since they changed ships. Its always vader biggs and tfp with fett as reinforcement.
  • Options
    If Reaper's rein ability is working while in reserves, that could explain it. I have literally not seen my fully maxed (single zeta) thrawn go first even once. I will check for double zeta thrawn on my enemies, but even very weak no zeta thrawn teams always seem to go first. In all fairness, I need to do my due diligence and do some proper data collection.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    If Reaper's rein ability is working while in reserves

It doesn't.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    This is a joke. A full turn ahead??!! Come on. My cap ship is way faster and yet the enemy gets all his turns before me and then gets to his ultimate a full turn ahead. Something is not right at all.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Basically the same list I made the other day.

My ship is 152
    Their ship is 152

No TFP or reaper or capital ship TM manipulation of any kind.

When it comes down to the TM advantage of the ultimate the enemy Thrawn ship gets the nod nearly every single battle. A moderator came on my list and said it’s rng and there’s a 50/50 chance of who gets it first when it’s that situation. But trough all of my battles that’s not even close. So far I’m averaging (after including today’s battles now) at 91% their Thrawn ship gets it first when they are the same speed and no TM manipulation. On ships that I’m faster than, I will get it first. But when they are the same... the AI greatly favors the enemy ship
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    So how many battles have you tracked?

You can lose a 50/50 coin flip 9 times out of 10 and it's still a 50/50 coin flip.
  • Options
    I've been seeing this same problem. I often kill the other team's Biggs first AND I get reaper in as the first reinforcement. And the other Thrawn STILL goes first.

The fact that it still happens to me when I get reaper into the lineup before the defender is beyond aggravating.

Speeds are comparable. My whole starting lineup from Ships 1.0 is G12 and all 5pip mods.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Options
    OP I've been noticing the same thing, and my thrawn has all gear and both zetas. Before the update mine would almost always go first and get of strategic dominance first if the battle lasted that long.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Bane1492 wrote: »
    OP I've been noticing the same thing, and my thrawn has all gear and both zetas. Before the update mine would almost always go first and get of strategic dominance first if the battle lasted that long.

maybe others have full maxed their trhawn aswell? it's certainly more beneficial now than it was before.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »

maybe others have full maxed their trhawn aswell? it's certainly more beneficial now than it was before.

Nope I just checked the ones I fight the most and none of thrawn's leader zeta, a couple don't even have all G12 pieces on him. I have him and Chimaera completely maxed.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Nope I just checked the ones I fight the most and none of thrawn's leader zeta, a couple don't even have all G12 pieces on him. I have him and Chimaera completely maxed.

I don't believe the 2nd zeta adds speed, but i'm not entirely certain. If you can record a match where a chimeara with lower speed than yours goes first (no tfp dodges and what not obviously), i will start getting critical of the update. That should definately NOT happen.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    1. Check you Chimaera's speed against the enemy Chimaera's speed.

2. Does any of your ships gain retribution and counter the enemy ITF's attacks? (F.ex. your Slave 1 reinforcement, scimitar's target for its special or the like).

3. If the enemy Chimaera uses the ultimate first it also increases the CD of your own Chimaera making it seem like it has a great advantage.

4. Does any of your enemy's reinforcements remove TM from your Chimaera?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

You can lose a 50/50 coin flip 9 times out of 10 and it's still a 50/50 coin flip.

How are you so certain that it's really a 50-50 chance? If you lose 9 out of 10 then it's hardly a 50-50 chance, but more like 80-20!

If the probabilities are 50/50, then it's still a 50/50 coin flip no matter the result of an actual coin flip.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Assuming no TM manipulation (which you still have to watch for), then any single advantage will typically ranslate into the other Chim going first. So for example, if the other Thrawn has one G12 piece. Or your Thrawn has one 4 dot mod instead of all five dot mods. Or if your Thrawn has one zeta and the other Thrawn has two.

Thrawn's gear and mods are irrelevant. Only the speeds of the two Chimaeras are relevant.

Edit, before obvious comments:
    Yes, I know Thrawn's gear and mods my affect his crew power which then affects the Chimaera's speed. However, only the Chimaera's speed actualy matters in this case.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Assuming no TM manipulation (which you still have to watch for), then any single advantage will typically ranslate into the other Chim going first. So for example, if the other Thrawn has one G12 piece. Or your Thrawn has one 4 dot mod instead of all five dot mods. Or if your Thrawn has one zeta and the other Thrawn has two.

Thrawn's gear and mods are irrelevant. Only the speeds of the two Chimaeras are relevant.

Edit, before obvious comments:
    Yes, I know Thrawn's gear and mods my affect his crew power which then affects the Chimaera's speed. However, only the Chimaera's speed actualy matters in this case.

I caught myself checking thrawn's gear to figure out if the opposing chimeara was faster the other day, haha. Called myself a noob and moved on ^_^
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

How are you so certain that it's really a 50-50 chance? If you lose 9 out of 10 then it's hardly a 50-50 chance, but more like 80-20!

If the probabilities are 50/50, then it's still a 50/50 coin flip no matter the result of an actual coin flip.

You can't know for sure what the probabilities are, no matter what CG say (they can't be trusted) especially when so many players are losing big time, when in fact they should be winning. There is clearly something wrong with this update!

especially because so many playrs are losing big time i don't take their word for it. I've yet to see proof of a slower ship being faster without TM manipulation. Untill i do i'm going to take ea/cg's word for it.
    as for cases with equal speed favouring the AI, that's easily trackable if you don't trust ea. I don't trust players' gut feeling at all. Heck, i don't even trust my own gut feeling about this sort of thing.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Options

You can't know for sure what the probabilities are, no matter what CG say (they can't be trusted) especially when so many players are losing big time, when in fact they should be winning. There is clearly something wrong with this update!

I noticed some people defending or doing damage control concerning the latest changes claim they didn't pay much attention to ships before the update (at least 1 person in this thread). As someone who's been at the top of fleet arena since day one, fighting for 1st daily, I know something's wrong.

Before Chimaera if you geared your pilots enough you could somewhat defend. Winning wasn't an issue if you put in your resources and work. After Chimaera, even grossly undergeared pilots could steam roll your team. That was just the beginning. Now, not only can you not hold rank, you often can't win. I have no doubt many are using just as many crystals as me, trying to beat the team that RNG destroyed you previously.

That's not how you should be rewarded for putting a lot of resources into a mode. In regular arena, if you're geared and modded well enough, you can win almost always, especially against inferior teams. You can even hold rank well if done correctly. It's nothing like that in ships. All your work means squat at the end of the day. I don't think I've ever had as much buyer's remorse as spending on those new ship upgrade packs that didn't seem to help me in the least.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    I find I'm winning more consistently now on offense.

I love seeing that boba come in as first reinforcement on the enemy team.

Running tarkin.

#notroll