Ships 2.0 Tier IV Tarkin Capital Ship Challenge Help

Farebearclaw
25 posts Member
edited May 2018
Hey all,

So I’m finally able to attempt unlocking a 5 Star Executrix but I’m having trouble completing the challenge. Since Ships 2.0, I haven’t found many suggestions or videos on how to complete it, so I thought I’d ask here. My ships are...”ok” if you can say that, but if you guys have any suggestions I would appreciate it! https://swgoh.gg/u/farebearclaw/ships/
93jexcwnbcoa.png

Replies

• Options
    It looks like from your swgoh gg you don't have vader's tie or slave one. If I remember right the event requires ds ships. Those are two of the best ships in the game so I would work on them. Also Tie fighter is still good. I can't tell if the difficulty has changed but even under the old event, it would be hard without those three ships.
  • Options
    Also work on maxing the level of your ships you will use in the event and don't get distracted on leveling ships you don't use. It looks like you level your whole fleet a level at a time. It works better to take one ship to 85 then the next ect.
  • Options
    Also work on maxing the level of your ships you will use in the event and don't get distracted on leveling ships you don't use. It looks like you level your whole fleet a level at a time. It works better to take one ship to 85 then the next ect.

Thanks for the suggestion! I just unlocked Slave 1 last night and I’m 16 away from Vader’s, I just wish there would be more drops for it haha. And you’re right I tried to keep everyone around the same level, but I’ll change that strategy. I just need more ship building materials now lol
  • Options
    Yeah slave one and vaders ship take a long time to 7 star but they are good so it's worth it. It looks like you have vader and fett fairly high so once you unlock vader's ship they'll be pretty strong even at low stars. If you get them to lvl 85 they should be enough to use in events and do well. Then I woukd level the other ships you plan on using on the event one by one. You'll probably end up beating it before eveything is 85 but the good news is tarkin cap ship with vader fett and tfp are arena viable. I use thrawn now but still use vader, biggs, and tfp as starting line up. I use fett and fives as reinforcements. I have ghost as my last but rarely need it. If you use tl right that team can be deadly under tarkin too.
  • Options
    And don't worry about the other ships, they'll be plenty of time and ship currency to level them. I have my whole fleet at 85 usually buy mods with ship currency
  • Options
    Yeah slave one and vaders ship take a long time to 7 star but they are good so it's worth it. It looks like you have vader and fett fairly high so once you unlock vader's ship they'll be pretty strong even at low stars. If you get them to lvl 85 they should be enough to use in events and do well. Then I woukd level the other ships you plan on using on the event one by one. You'll probably end up beating it before eveything is 85 but the good news is tarkin cap ship with vader fett and tfp are arena viable. I use thrawn now but still use vader, biggs, and tfp as starting line up. I use fett and fives as reinforcements. I have ghost as my last but rarely need it. If you use tl right that team can be deadly under tarkin too.

Thanks again! That’s a ton of help!
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Thanks again! That’s a ton of help!

No problem. I understand that newer players need help but as seen from the other post, it annoys me when people assumes something needs a nerf because they can't figure out how to beat it. Usually that isn't the case.
  • Options
    Take one ship to 7* then another is imo stupid. Just focus on right ships and leave the rest. I do executrix 5* for zeta challenges where u need 8x 5* ships (+ executrix as main).

I think my ships are a little better, still im far from complete this challenge, 2.0 is much much harder then before. I hope they will nerf it. Cos now u need a superior ship squad to complete only one 5* ship...

https://swgoh.gg/u/orik007/
  • Options
    orik007 wrote: »
    Take one ship to 7* then another is imo ****. Just focus on right ships and leave the rest. I do executrix 5* for zeta challenges where u need 8x 5* ships (+ executrix as main).

I think my ships are a little better, still im far from complete this challenge, 2.0 is much much harder then before. I hope they will nerf it. Cos now u need a superior ship squad to complete only one 5* ship...

https://swgoh.gg/u/orik007/

Thank you for the response! I wish it didn’t take ages to promote the ships lol
  • Digi
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I managed to complete tier 5 (6*) last night, before the change I could get very close to completion. However after I could get blitzed without taking down a single ship - heres my setup and some tatic suggestions for everyone, now bear in mind this was NOT easy and relied on some pretty good RNG

Starting lineup!!

Executrix - total pwr 29070
    5* - lvl 80 - speed 150
    Ablity levels: all lvl 4
    Pilot: 7* - lvl 80 - gear 9 - ulitimate fire maxxed, other 2 attacks lvl 6 , unique and lead lvl 5

Imperial Tie Fighter - total pwr 29718
    6* - Lvl 84 - speed 175
    Ablity levels (right to left) 5, 7 , 6
    Pilot: 7*- Lvl 80- gear 9- all ablities maxed-all 5* mods lvl 15

Scimitar - total pwr 27442
    5* - lvl 80 - speed 127
    Ablity levels - 5,6,5
    Pilot: 7* - lvl 80- gear 9 - basic maxxed, others lvl 6/7 , 4/5* mod mix lvl 15

Now I attempted this several times and my 3rd switched between Boba and vader a lot, I'm 90% sure i beat with boba on start, however feel free to mix it up.

Slave 1 - total pwr 28494
    5*-lvl 84 - speed 129
    Ablity levels- 4, 7 6
    Pilot: 7* - lvl 80 - gear 8 - Doa (both) maxxed others 6/7 (payout at 1)- 5* mods lvl 15

Now my reinforcements arent exactly the best to work with, I mean I would say use what you have thats best for you. Vader is imo a must have here, though kylos shuttle and genosians could easily be more viable then my last 2. Feel free to experiment!

Tie Advanced - total pwr 30871
    6* - lvl 81 - speed 156
    Ablity levels- 5,6,6
    Pilot: 7* - lvl 80 - gear 9 - ablities maxed bar leader and unique (lvl 5) - 2x 4* mods 4x5* mods all lvl 15

Tie Silencer - total pwr 16789
    5* - lvl 78 - speed 156
    Ablity levels: 4,6,5
    Pilot: 5* - lvl 80 - gear 8 - ablities lvl 6 or 7 - 5* mods level 1 (forgot to upgrade)

FOSF Tie Fighter - total pwr 11094

5* - lvl 71 - speed 148
    Ablity levels : 3,4,4
    Pilot: 5* - lvl 62 - gear 7 - ablities lvl 4- 4* mods all lvl 15

Now as with most ship challanges this setup relies on good/awesome RNG. I had 2 attempts where I got close but since i was using the other FO tie I got smoked. A key part is using assists if possible.

Rules of engagement
    -Tie should get first hit, use basic on the phantom II. If you land a lock awesome! If not its not essential. I know the ghost is tempting but while phantoms around it can be target locked.
    - Rebels get first turn now, they should target slave 1 (if not thats a bonus) , if slave 1 is defeated- restart. You need its basic and bomb ablity. His target lock multi is kinda useless here.
    - after their turn typically biggs will be taunting, this is okay as the aim now is to try target lock him for when vader comes. Hit with slave one basic, when scimitars turn comes, stealth him and slave one- forcing the rebels to target the tie.
    - Use ties secondary to gain foresight , this ensures TM gain by excutrix which is what this strategy is about, the more you can force the tie to dodge the better
    - on excutrix first turn use AOE , if youve debuffed biggs/phantom youre hoping to ablity block and/or expose. Not requred to win but defs a big help if you land them.
    - First reinforcement call vader, if biggs isnt target locked and taunting, lock him.
    - Vaders secondary is useful here as you can (for one turn) stop biggs taunting. Leaving the phantom and ghost open for damage. Try to alternate as much as possible.
    - while vaders out use tarkins potenct boost, really can have a big effect on damage potential
    - first chance you get use bobas bomb on them
    - use fo tie with assist to damage when possible
    - some rounds the AI wont call in reinforcements quickly, these are the best chances of winning
    - If the Uwing is called in early it becomes much harder on you, best rounds they call in wedge first then falcon.
    - try to take out as much shields as possible before using bobas bomb then tarkins big hit
    - if boba dies before using the bomb reset, so much harder without it
    - use Tie silencers counter bonus to your advantage , even if he only lasts one turn he can potentially deal damage to all the opposing team
    - funnel damage with Scimatars special to tie and silencer

And thats about it, it will take more then a few goes but with the right RNG it IS possible, just keep at it!

• Options
    Digi wrote: »
    I managed to complete tier 5 (6*) last night, before the change I could get very close to completion. However after I could get blitzed without taking down a single ship - heres my setup and some tatic suggestions for everyone, now bear in mind this was NOT easy and relied on some pretty good RNG

Starting lineup!!

So ur total ships power was 173 478. Its just too much for f2p player at level 80 like me. Well, i will continue grinding :-),
    gj
  • Digi
    3 posts Member
    Options
    @orik007 Hey man I'm ftp too ^^ (barring like 3 of the tiny crystal packs a while ago) so it is doable at ftp, just a looong grind ( my acc is like 2 years old now). Though in defense of the challange it is reccomended lvl82 I think? So dont be too upset if you cant pass, just grind up all your toons and ships to 80 and go up as your player level does, you will get it eventually :)
  • Options
    Hah, jus did it with 144k power.
    Tie Fighter, Tie Silencer, TieX, Slave1, Tie Fighter FO

I think lucky rnd, cos I destroy it before last reinforcements come out (Millenium Falcon).
    Now I need another dark ship :(, I think scimitar would do, I dont like these geo... ships. (even if their combo is nice)
  • Options
    I got so close last night! I got down to 2 ships after Tarkins ultimate and they were in low red health, but they had more turn meter and finished me off :( haha. I think I might have a shot Thursday!
  • Farebearclaw
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I finally did it and with 3 stars!!! Fleet power 106,377 with Geonosians as starters and TFP and Vader as reinforcements. Vader was my first reinforcement to add damage over time and surprisingly TFP brought the big damage.
  • Jml727
    116 posts Member
    Options
    I finally did it and with 3 stars!!! Fleet power 106,377 with Geonosians as starters and TFP and Vader as reinforcements. Vader was my first reinforcement to add damage over time and surprisingly TFP brought the big damage.

What level are your geo guys?
  • Options
    Jml727 wrote: »

What level are your geo guys?

Sun Fac was lvl 75, 5 star at gear 8 (ship 5*). Solider 3* (ship 6*) and Spy at 4 star (ship 5*) are both 74 and gear 8 too, but I put the health mods from the Solo characters on them. I got the mods to lvl 10. My TFP is 7* lvl 75 for ship and toon Vader is 6* lvl 80 and ship at lvl 78. Both of them have 5* ships. I hope that helps!
  • Achaia
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Digi wrote: »

Starting lineup!!

Executrix - total pwr 29070
    5* - lvl 80 - speed 150
    Ablity levels: all lvl 4
    Pilot: 7* - lvl 80 - gear 9 - ulitimate fire maxxed, other 2 attacks lvl 6 , unique and lead lvl 5

Imperial Tie Fighter - total pwr 29718
    6* - Lvl 84 - speed 175
    Ablity levels (right to left) 5, 7 , 6
    Pilot: 7*- Lvl 80- gear 9- all ablities maxed-all 5* mods lvl 15

Scimitar - total pwr 27442
    5* - lvl 80 - speed 127
    Ablity levels - 5,6,5
    Pilot: 7* - lvl 80- gear 9 - basic maxxed, others lvl 6/7 , 4/5* mod mix lvl 15

Now I attempted this several times and my 3rd switched between Boba and vader a lot, I'm 90% sure i beat with boba on start, however feel free to mix it up.

Slave 1 - total pwr 28494
    5*-lvl 84 - speed 129
    Ablity levels- 4, 7 6
    Pilot: 7* - lvl 80 - gear 8 - Doa (both) maxxed others 6/7 (payout at 1)- 5* mods lvl 15

Now my reinforcements arent exactly the best to work with, I mean I would say use what you have thats best for you. Vader is imo a must have here, though kylos shuttle and genosians could easily be more viable then my last 2. Feel free to experiment!

Tie Advanced - total pwr 30871
    6* - lvl 81 - speed 156
    Ablity levels- 5,6,6
    Pilot: 7* - lvl 80 - gear 9 - ablities maxed bar leader and unique (lvl 5) - 2x 4* mods 4x5* mods all lvl 15

Tie Silencer - total pwr 16789
    5* - lvl 78 - speed 156
    Ablity levels: 4,6,5
    Pilot: 5* - lvl 80 - gear 8 - ablities lvl 6 or 7 - 5* mods level 1 (forgot to upgrade)

FOSF Tie Fighter - total pwr 11094

5* - lvl 71 - speed 148
    Ablity levels : 3,4,4
    Pilot: 5* - lvl 62 - gear 7 - ablities lvl 4- 4* mods all lvl 15

Now as with most ship challanges this setup relies on good/awesome RNG. I had 2 attempts where I got close but since i was using the other FO tie I got smoked. A key part is using assists if possible.

Rules of engagement
    -Tie should get first hit, use basic on the phantom II. If you land a lock awesome! If not its not essential. I know the ghost is tempting but while phantoms around it can be target locked.
    - Rebels get first turn now, they should target slave 1 (if not thats a bonus) , if slave 1 is defeated- restart. You need its basic and bomb ablity. His target lock multi is kinda useless here.
    - after their turn typically biggs will be taunting, this is okay as the aim now is to try target lock him for when vader comes. Hit with slave one basic, when scimitars turn comes, stealth him and slave one- forcing the rebels to target the tie.
    - Use ties secondary to gain foresight , this ensures TM gain by excutrix which is what this strategy is about, the more you can force the tie to dodge the better
    - on excutrix first turn use AOE , if youve debuffed biggs/phantom youre hoping to ablity block and/or expose. Not requred to win but defs a big help if you land them.
    - First reinforcement call vader, if biggs isnt target locked and taunting, lock him.
    - Vaders secondary is useful here as you can (for one turn) stop biggs taunting. Leaving the phantom and ghost open for damage. Try to alternate as much as possible.
    - while vaders out use tarkins potenct boost, really can have a big effect on damage potential
    - first chance you get use bobas bomb on them
    - use fo tie with assist to damage when possible
    - some rounds the AI wont call in reinforcements quickly, these are the best chances of winning
    - If the Uwing is called in early it becomes much harder on you, best rounds they call in wedge first then falcon.
    - try to take out as much shields as possible before using bobas bomb then tarkins big hit
    - if boba dies before using the bomb reset, so much harder without it
    - use Tie silencers counter bonus to your advantage , even if he only lasts one turn he can potentially deal damage to all the opposing team
    - funnel damage with Scimatars special to tie and silencer

And thats about it, it will take more then a few goes but with the right RNG it IS possible, just keep at it!

This is a great post. Thanks for sharing!

I made the mistake, from early on, of spreading my efforts and resources out across all the ships. So, I'm having to catch up to level the Dark Side ships, specifically, so that I can complete the Tier 5 Tarkin challenge. I just want to unlock that Tier 4 Ship Materials challenge for better chances at Zetas. This is where I am:

https://swgoh.gg/u/achaiajael/ships/

mk9j5l.jpg

It's a real PITA. I need like 20 shards to max Slave I to 7*. I'm hoping just getting another star here or there and maxing out the Geonosian will do it. All of my characters are level 85, and all of them are 7*...except for the Geonosian.
  • Options
    Achaia wrote: »
    This is a great post. Thanks for sharing!

I made the mistake, from early on, of spreading my efforts and resources out across all the ships. So, I'm having to catch up to level the Dark Side ships, specifically, so that I can complete the Tier 5 Tarkin challenge. I just want to unlock that Tier 4 Ship Materials challenge for better chances at Zetas. This is where I am:

https://swgoh.gg/u/achaiajael/ships/

mk9j5l.jpg

It's a real PITA. I need like 20 shards to max Slave I to 7*. I'm hoping just getting another star here or there and maxing out the Geonosian will do it. All of my characters are level 85, and all of them are 7*...except for the Geonosian.

I did the same thing of spreading the wealth between my ships (as stated above lol).

I think once you get the Geonosians up you’ll be great; they made it easier for sure. Your ships look pretty good too, especially with Scimitar being able to protect a ship with stealth. Good luck!