Olddumper
3000 posts Member

Which home ship is best post update? 104 votes

Mace Windu
4%
TooLCahhmaktthewhitegiftMr_SzopKamikaze2018 5 votes
Admiral Ackbar
12%
SaKaEm3GMIserDrepdFürkészThelordslimeJhinozuChaoscoreBonScott_23ShokTarkusZSgnightKingslayerRevanDarthBugdrops 13 votes
Grand Admiral Thrawn
52%
SarcodinodiangeloBnorth86EventineElessedilAycee1Levlelizapm89Savage__Will__16DryffBlatspielJacenRoePseudotRed_MadnessAlteredCarbonasd000EnderGamer87JDK82T_ServoKreontas 55 votes
Grand Moff Tarkin
29%
JohnnySteelAlphaRogerMoore_007VinniarthMD_GeistNicWesterOlddumperShaunyveeWescarRavenclawsJay_1997_CEntreriAnakin_SkywalkerRoopehunAnderleTrojanRhunneHurkyKutalionSRBdb77atonementblade 31 votes

Replies

• Options
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    My experience has mostly been that the best capital ship is whatever my opponent is running. Oh look, he's running Tarkin ... get obliterated by TIEs 2 turns before I can blow him up. Oh look, he's running Thrawn ... get blown up 2 turns before I can blow him up.

There is something seriously funky going on in arena. Enemy capital ship always seems to be faster, and it has nothing to do with enemy ITF dodging, nor gear level of the capital ship commander. My impression is that the enemy gains bonus TM whenever I beat one of his fleet ... and it happens with no Reaper on the field.
  • Options
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    And somehow my 169 speed Executrix is slower than the enemy 153 speed Chimaera. Shenanigans.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I continue to *not* have this problem but I'm apparently the only one. Good luck to all of you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Where is the ”I don’t know anything about anything anymore” option?
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    Stokat wrote: »

It looks like the gamechangers don't know either.

Mobile and Ahnold: Chimaera is still the best.
    Nukin: Executrix is amazing.
    Warrior: Home One is amazing.

The only thing we seem to know now is that Endurance isn't even in the conversation.

My hunch is that Thrawn is still the best generally, but Ackbar could be the best if you're running Geonosians. I'm almost positive it isn't Tarkin: I'm still running him myself (no Thrawn, g8 Ackbar), and I get obliterated by Thrawn's ultimate EVERY. DANG. TIME. And my Tarkin is g12. I've only survived to use my ultimate a couple times, only to have it throw a dozen wet noodles on the enemy ships.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    The ships part of the game is clearly full of problems. They can't manage to balance the main part of the game, no wonder the ships part is messed up. Ships speeds are totally nonsense and ships values in general never work out as expected in battle. For example, my TF is perfectly normal: 7 stars, g11 pilot. Well, it always goes first, even against full g12 teams with zeta pilots just because screw you. I bet this isn't the same when I defend.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Did you know that zetas on pilots are largely irrelevant? The only way they matter is if everything else is equal. So maybe you just need to read up a bit on how ship abilities work.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    I would probably rank them

Tarkin Ackbar Thrawn Mace

But the 1st three are all close. Mace is in his own little world.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

If you're getting Tarkin to work, could you please tell us how? :) No matter what I do, Thrawn's ultimate wipes me out.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    I think I would go a step further and say. Tier 1 Tarkin and AA. Tier 2 Thrawn. Tier 3 Mace. AA and Tarkin clearly outclass Thrawn.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    gufu21 wrote: »

If you're getting Tarkin to work, could you please tell us how? :) No matter what I do, Thrawn's ultimate wipes me out.

You should be winning before he gets to it. Biggs TFP and SF to start, vader 1st in off the bench. Max Vader's reinforcement ability and his basic. Tarkin needs his TM gain and 1st AOE buffed to get the expose. SF needs his unique maxed. Anything else is overkill. I run Geo Soldier, Reaper and Command Shuttle so the AI respects vader going 1st on D.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that I've now seen two people rank Thrawn third indicates that if nothing else, the Devs have improved the diversity of fleet arena.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    TVF wrote: »
    The fact that I've now seen two people rank Thrawn third indicates that if nothing else, the Devs have improved the diversity of fleet arena.

I've got a hunch character mace will get a rework that brings the GP of his ship up as well. It will probably stay in 4th but not by an embarrassing amount.
  • Options
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Stokat wrote: »

Yes, I'm with this really...ships are still up in the air for me. Really can't say what's going on. And that's not a moan...I'm finding it rather exciting :smile:
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I run g12 Thrawn Chimera and I avoid Tarkin at all costs. Even if I make it to my ultimate first Tarkin wipes me with his. Ive only seen one Akbar so far and got lucky with a lot of opening crits, so cant really comment on him.

Also whoever posted it before, why would you put SF in opening lineup? His reinforce even at base level is one of the best.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    I run g12 Thrawn Chimera and I avoid Tarkin at all costs. Even if I make it to my ultimate first Tarkin wipes me with his.

Maybe I'm in an easy shard or something but I haven't had to deal with his ultimate yet.
  • Options
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    I run g12 Thrawn Chimera and I avoid Tarkin at all costs. Even if I make it to my ultimate first Tarkin wipes me with his.

Maybe I'm in an easy shard or something but I haven't had to deal with his ultimate yet.

You don't want to ;)
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Well the funny thing is I seem to recall other people complaining it was nerfed. I love this place.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Well the funny thing is I seem to recall other people complaining it was nerfed. I love this place.

The damage on his ultimate was nerfed but as you upgrade the ability the damage comes back a little. They added the stuns to target locked enemies which helps make up for it. I never even make it to that ability. When Vader comes in as a reinforcement he blows everybody up.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Im guessing they havent upgraded it yet.

My guess is people are still using old ships simply because they are the best geared. I got lucky in that I was using Sun Fac and Cassian before. Once people get some abilities upgraded I think Mace and some Rebels will show up.

Akbar + Biggs, Cassian, Bistan -> Phantom, Ghost looks promising to me. Bistan's speed upgrade is curious to me and I wonder if he will get faster than the Ties. Unlike the ties his TL is 100%. So is Phantom. And the Phantom increases reinforcemnt speed.

Right now I run Biggs, TFP, Vader -> FOTP, SF, Boba, Cassian. If I am faster I run SF or FOTP off the bench first. If I am slower I run Cassian. Ive almost stopped using Boba completely and may swap him out.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    They added the stuns to target locked enemies which helps make up for it.

It did this in Ships 1.0 already.

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    They added the stuns to target locked enemies which helps make up for it.

It did this in Ships 1.0 already.

lol, didn't notice because it used to be instant kill.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Votes from today are

tarkin 6
    thrawn 4
    ackbar 1

It seems like Thrawn is losing favor
  • Options

Accidentally...
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    I run g12 Thrawn Chimera and I avoid Tarkin at all costs. Even if I make it to my ultimate first Tarkin wipes me with his. Ive only seen one Akbar so far and got lucky with a lot of opening crits, so cant really comment on him.

Also whoever posted it before, why would you put SF in opening lineup? His reinforce even at base level is one of the best.

I like Vaders Dots. Ships are very Health heavy as opposed to protection so they really change the battle. He also comes in with retribution, gets offense up and inflicts offense down. This means you can target him so he will last many turns. Even if you did want to target him both Biggs and SF are likely still taunting. I usually close things out with just vader or by the time I get to my 2nd reinforcement I bring in GS and he totals a whole ship.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I havent looked at Vaders reinforce yet. I havent spent any of mine until I learn a little more. Thanks will look into it.

I upgraded his basic and use Thrawns basic with him instead of Thrawns heal or AOE. With Thrawns basic he hits really hard and Biggs is usually dead by the first move of my second round.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    I havent looked at Vaders reinforce yet. I have spent any of mine until I learn a little more. Thanks will look into it.

I upgraded his basic and use Thrawns basic with him instead of Thrawns heal or AOE. With Thrawns basic he hits really hard and Biggs is usually dead by the first move of my second round.

One thing to note is that I am actually using tarkin lead. My biggs also doesn't taunt right away without vader in the line up. Their options are likely either TFP with foresight or potentially SF is taunting or they can start early on biggs.

Usually on offense SF takes the beating early but I usually finish with Full health Vader Biggs and TFP with SF almost dead.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Votes from today are

tarkin 6
    thrawn 4
    ackbar 1

Very scientific polling you're doing here. ;)

I do appreciate a thread that is attempting to discuss the new ships rather than complaining about them though.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Votes from today are

tarkin 6
    thrawn 4
    ackbar 1

Very scientific polling you're doing here. ;)

I do appreciate a thread that is attempting to discuss the new ships rather than complaining about them though.

I'm surprised some wise guy hasn't said mace yet
  • Options
    Admiral Ackbar
    Akbar is who I use but then again I only have 3/4 .... What's the chimaera ? And where can I get one ?