Sion was changed?

StarSon
7443 posts Member
In all the uproar about Nest, I have seen lots of people talk about how Sion was nerfed. I would like someone to ELI5, because the only "negative" change I could find in the release notes revolved around the change to bonds. The other change should have been made him better.

So, please, anyone, ELI5 why everyone thinks Sion got a nerf.

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Where do you see this change?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    What does ELI5 mean?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    What does ELI5 mean?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Hahahahhahah noobs dont know what ELI5 means!

(neither do i)
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    explain like im 5.. Dont feel bad people, Im just barely young enough that I understood that acronym even tho Ive never seen it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    explain like im 5.. Dont feel bad people, Im just barely young enough that I understood that acronym even tho Ive never seen it.

haha, i never would have guessed that in a million years.
  • Takeo822
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    ELI5=explain like I'm 5

EDIT: Had to google that, and got beaten to responding because of it
  • Options
    Yeah, I would have never thought of that as I don't ever need that.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    lol sorry guys, it's a common thing on reddit, I figured people just knew it by now.

Back on topic though...
    VonZant wrote: »

I haven't, but I see people talk about it all the time, and I want to know what they mean. What changed? How did they nerf him? What did people think they were getting when they bought him that made them so unhappy after doing so?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it got me curious aswell, as i don't remember a change to sion at all.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    lol sorry guys, it's a common thing on reddit, I figured people just knew it by now.

Back on topic though...

I haven't, but I see people talk about it all the time, and I want to know what they mean. What changed? How did they nerf him? What did people think they were getting when they bought him that made them so unhappy after doing so?

By your bonds of weakness comment, Im guessing there was a change to RAID BOSS Traya, and maybe then Raid Boss Sion?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Back on topic though...

By your bonds of weakness comment, Im guessing there was a change to RAID BOSS Traya, and maybe then Raid Boss Sion?

No, when they fixed the STH cheese, they did so by changing how Bonds interacts with characters. One of Sion's skills puts pain when you damage him. Bonds no longer triggers that action. It is the only possible negative change I saw in the update notes, and yes, it wasn't really *to* him, but to Raid Boss Traya. AFAIK Raid Boss Sion is the same, but even if he isn't I'm not worried about changes to that.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Back on topic though...

No, when they fixed the STH cheese, they did so by changing how Bonds interacts with characters. One of Sion's skills puts pain when you damage him. Bonds no longer triggers that action. It is the only possible negative change I saw in the update notes, and yes, it wasn't really *to* him, but to Raid Boss Traya. AFAIK Raid Boss Sion is the same, but even if he isn't I'm not worried about changes to that.

Right. Im saying maybe your friends are confused and it was a change to the raid boss and not the playable. He is my main tank and Id like to think I would remember any change to him.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Back on topic though...

Right. Im saying maybe your friends are confused and it was a change to the raid boss and not the playable. He is my main tank and Id like to think I would remember any change to him.

Not really my friends, just things I've seen on some discords and here on the forums. Example:
    Broxxor wrote: »
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Sion is still an absolute beast, but they had to basically refund every single crybaby shopper which paid for him, so no need to nerf him further.

What di you mean by this what refunds for scion are you talking about.

Yeah - I didnt get a refund for Sion - even though I objected to what happened. It's why I went 100% FTP

They had to refund because what nerf? Why would that guy object to "what happened" when nothing happened?

These aren't the only two comments, there have been several, and it has me curious.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @Broxxor may want to chime in here?
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    I’m very curious as well, I have seen the comments, from which I understand it has something to do with his taunting, but I haven’t actually seen any patch notes about changing his kit.
  • Options
    Originally Sion did bonus damage to raid Sion when RS had pain. This was the pain that RS inflicted on himself. They removed this bonus damage. This was rolled out with the expose Nerf in early March. I've never heard of any other Sion adjustment.
  • EnderGamer87
    633 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    There is another bug when Sion does his AoE crush and removes the debuffs it doesn't trigger the TM part of EP's Zeta Lead