My issue with ships

Has always been the RNG factor it was bad before but with 5 ships I could usually overlook it. Now it really shows how bad it is.

First.) Target Lock is rough. They land it almost all the time.... not including Vader. Biggs and TFP seem to land it at will. Never seen Biggs crit that much except under the AI. I land it with TFP once in a great while.

Second.) The dodge... omg the dodge. Biggs dodges for them. Vader dodges for them... TFP dodges for them. I don't think anyone but TFP has dodged and that is few and far between.

Three.) The crits. Hard to buy a crit now. They seem to crit a lot more now. Shouldn't be this difficult.

I think people would give this more of a chance if we didn't feel like we were going in already outnumbered. I do like the variety now though, but hard to enjoy.

Replies

• Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yes the enemy's RNG advantage seems way stronger than before. Or at least it's way more noticeable now since we have little chance to recover and actually win. I'm losing to inferior mirror teams a lot more often than I did previously and I'm the highest power fleet on my shard.

In many battles, they end up with a full fleet of 5 from reinforcements. I've yet to have all 5 present on the battlefield this way. I've been focusing down on their Biggs immediately to get him out of the way, yet they almost ALWAYS kill my Biggs first like he's nothing (my Biggs is max G12). Theirs is very hard to kill, partially due to the fact that enemy ships almost always target lock and give him protection. The percentages of target lock chance are way higher for the enemy regardless of what's stated for the ships and it's not even a debate. This sort of deception shouldn't be allowed in the game. My fully upgraded Chimaera Tractor Beam AOE takes off next to no damage now, yet theirs seems to be damaging me more.

These complaints aren't just a select few, but everyone in my shard chat is seeing this and saying all the complaints I and others have been making here. This needs to be addressed and the enemy advantage should be lessened if they're keeping this 3 ship format. Maybe they're getting people to spend more crystals by losing but they have to balance that with players actually enjoying the game. I honestly dread looking at ship arena now, knowing what a coin flip each battle will be. That's not a good way to make players stick around. Especially those who spent on packs to get an advantage or at least do well and still get destroyed.

Post edited by Bane1492 on
  • Options
    I have put in tickets, seen posts deleted, and the devs never seem to respond when it comes to this subject. Not sure why they won't have a discussion regarding this. What I think is funny is the response I get from Support is that it is an algorithm and it can't be changed.... HAHAHA
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I have put in tickets, seen posts deleted, and the devs never seem to respond when it comes to this subject. Not sure why they won't have a discussion regarding this. What I think is funny is the response I get from Support is that it is an algorithm and it can't be changed.... HAHAHA

There should be a way to collect concrete data on some of this. If enemy ships are getting more dodges or more target locks than their percentages state, and our ships are getting less than what's stated, then it's fraudulent. I have a problem paying real world money and being cheated by untrue stats if this is the case.
  • Options
    Yet folks are still winning easily on offense. Possibly the issue is the fleet you are using, and not actually the alleged ai cheating.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yet folks are still winning easily on offense. Possibly the issue is the fleet you are using, and not actually the alleged ai cheating.

Everyone is using the same fleets. Only some pilots are more geared then others, and ships are more upgraded than others, which doesn't seem to matter.

This obvious AI advantage is nothing new. Only now it's way harder to recover from their "good RNG" super starts.
  • Options
    Right, . .

• Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Here's just one example of what goes on regularly now.

I got the first 2 moves when the battle started because my pilots are higher geared and my ships are faster. After AI got done going, mind you I already had 2 turns, the fleets looked like this:

CYQd895.png

Before I knew it, it looked like this:

5iy0pvL.png

This isn't a once in a blue moon thing, but often. Sometimes you can't even kill enemy biggs because enemy team goes and goes, target locking constantly giving him protection. Yet your biggs dies faster than any other ship in the fleets.

Fix this. Change it back.

• Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Options
    My next battle, putting in vader for FOTP opening, which is another common variation of what people are using.

After enemy went:

XGG6SpZ.png

Again, I'm higher geared than any other fleet on my shard. I never had this problem before the update. Sure RNG would be a menace at times, but with 5 ships you could make a comeback.

This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Bane1492 wrote: »

I got the first 2 moves when the battle started because my pilots are higher geared and my ships are faster. After AI got done going, mind you I already had 2 turns, the fleets looked like this:

CYQd895.png

5iy0pvL.png

This isn't a once in a blue moon thing, but often. Sometimes you can't even kill enemy biggs because enemy team goes and goes, target locking constantly giving him protection. Yet your biggs dies faster than any other ship in the fleets.

Perfect picture of the situation... :-(
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I kinda can't win space battles anymore. I have a perfectly normal high geared fleet with the initial setup 99% of the players are deploying: Vader, TF and biggs (and boba). I can't even win against ackbars with Phoenix. And I'm not doing anything different than what the AI does on defense and what I've always done with these ships. The only difference is that before the upgrade I was roaming between 1 and 20-25, now I can't get past 50. I really don't think that the issue is me being weak. All my pilots are at least g11.

This upgrade messed everything up, favoring I don't know who, because it is totally random. No skills or power are involved in the calculation.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »

CYQd895.png

5iy0pvL.png

My next battle, putting in vader for FOTP opening, which is another common variation of what people are using.

After enemy went:

XGG6SpZ.png

Again, I'm higher geared than any other fleet on my shard. I never had this problem before the update. Sure RNG would be a menace at times, but with 5 ships you could make a comeback.

This is ridiculous.

Dude, you should spread these in all the polls and discussions about "ships 2.0", because there are still people who think the update is not buggy, RNG dependent and it's all about tactics! Please do copy-paste!

I can't figure out how can people say this new upgrade is about tactics. Tactics and strategies have been totally erased from ships. Everyone runs the same team, the defending teams are powered up to cover the fact that the AI is like from 1995. Dynamic? You sit still in the same position for days due to you being unable to beat powered up defending teams and enemy teams being unable to beat your powered up defending team. Plus, they're in absolute radio silence about this. I would gladly hear what they thought they were going to achieve (apart from more money) with this upgrade.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »

CYQd895.png

5iy0pvL.png

After enemy went:

XGG6SpZ.png

This is ridiculous.

Dude, you should spread these in all the polls and discussions about "ships 2.0", because there are still people who think the update is not buggy, RNG dependent and it's all about tactics! Please do copy-paste!

I'm not sure how much good it would do. Since ships 2.0, I'm still managing to come in 1st, but I'm spending more crystals on refreshes to do so.

What they've essentially done is nerf the amount of crystals we're getting from fleet payout. Maybe crystals sales dropped after they offered them for fleet and this is their way of backing out of it slightly. By making us use more.

I hate to say it, but I believe this whole fiasco is working as intended. We're meant to lose more now. And no amount of gearing, pack-buying, nor upgrading will change that if they keep things the way they are.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    So why am I still finishing first everyday with zero refreshes, just like before?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    So why am I still finishing first everyday with zero refreshes, just like before?

You must be in an extremely noncompetitive ship shard then. Highly-upgraded people in my guild are saying some of the same things I'm saying from multiple shards. Others here are saying it. There's definitely a problem.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

You must be in an extremely noncompetitive ship shard then.

Definitely possible.
    There's definitely a problem.

If there's more competition for you now, that doesn't mean there's a problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH