Really want to Whale in Enfys Nest but am scared of Nerf bat :(

2Next

Replies

• Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    Whale away she’s not going to be nerfed you can easily beat her . Here’s a example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2E99g9-1KA

Would love to see the mods you have on them troopers
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Xcrit9 wrote: »
    Jabba wrote: »
    Whale away she’s not going to be nerfed you can easily beat her . Here’s a example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2E99g9-1KA

Would love to see the mods you have on them troopers

Sorry spoke to soon great job
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Uklem wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Never whale.

I've said this repeatedly but it bears repeating. The whales make it possible for f2p to actually play the game as f2p.

Thank you whales.

Agreed. If whales never whale, there's no game. Save the whales!

If there were no Whales, they would simply use an economic system which will work.
    There were games before the Whales model. Stop spreading the idea that Overpriced transaction are the only way for game to exist.

Please stop beating up staw man arguments.

I never said overpriced transactions are the only way for a game to exist. Not even close.

Whales are people who spend significant sums of money on a game. I, for one, prefer a game without pop-ups and still allow players to play for free.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Stay on target...

I do not believe she will get nerfed, I believe we are at the precipice of a couple more reworked factions to make this game incredibly diverse in arena. As it is already balancing. She will be a very strong Scoundrel.
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble understanding how you could play for free without whales balancing it out.

I see everyone saying that they would gladly pay 15 bucks for the 21 days of crystals. Well if we estimate that there are 500,000 players playing on a regular basis and they all pay $10 bucks a month, well that's enough to fund a pretty amazing game.

People say all sorts of stuff they don't actually mean. If there are 500,000 players playing on a regular basis, you really think they would suddenly agree to paying $10 a month after playing this long for free? I somehow doubt it.

EDIT: Whoops did not see the next page and the above comment. Moving on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    Never whale.

I've said this repeatedly but it bears repeating. The whales make it possible for f2p to actually play the game as f2p.

Thank you whales.

And I've also said repeatedly, I'd rather pay $60 for a fair and balanced game than play for free a game that struggles to reconcile the FTP players with its whales.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble understanding how you could play for free without whales balancing it out.

I see everyone saying that they would gladly pay 15 bucks for the 21 days of crystals. Well if we estimate that there are 500,000 players playing on a regular basis and they all pay $10 bucks a month, well that's enough to fund a pretty amazing game.

People say all sorts of stuff they don't actually mean. If there are 500,000 players playing on a regular basis, you really think they would suddenly agree to paying $10 a month after playing this long for free? I somehow doubt it.

Well they removed the 21 days crysal pack saying they’ll come up with something better for the players. Or did they?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Well they removed the 21 days crysal pack saying they’ll come up with something better for the players. Or did they?

They then went on in an interview to also outline that they had to remove it due to an agreement with a partner and they need to figure out a way to bring it back that doesn't violate that agreement. It's not always that simple.
  • Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    I really want to spend a few hundreds to max out Enfys best but I’m scared that she may get nerfed. If her character is not getting touched then I will definitely do it, otherwise I’m hesitant to spend on a potential nerf.

Does anyone know for sure if she won’t get touched?

nerfing a newly released toon is detrimental to CG revenues, so I highly doubt she'll receive the same treatment as Visas.

If a portion of her kits negatively impacts PvE gameplay design intent, then they'll modify the environment description to counter the unintended gameplay. Based on what I've seen, Enfys will never get a PvP nerf.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    I really want to spend a few hundreds to max out Enfys best but I’m scared that she may get nerfed. If her character is not getting touched then I will definitely do it, otherwise I’m hesitant to spend on a potential nerf.

Does anyone know for sure if she won’t get touched?

nerfing a newly released toon is detrimental to CG revenues, so I highly doubt she'll receive the same treatment as Visas.

If a portion of her kits negatively impacts PvE gameplay design intent, then they'll modify the environment description to counter the unintended gameplay. Based on what I've seen, Enfys will never get a PvP nerf.

Ha! It has been several times. So you are wrong
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Degs29 wrote: »
    And I've also said repeatedly, I'd rather pay $60 for a fair and balanced game than play for free a game that struggles to reconcile the FTP players with its whales.
    Those flat $60 games are also generally done or close to it bar minor patches.

Those that do get continuous content and support have ongoing monetization streams, often cosmetic.

Your preference is valid, but if that's the case, you're better off looking for a different structure of game than this one, because those models don't necessarily work and especially not well in this format.
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    When? How? Which characters? Were they nerfed, or were they fixed?

There was a massive outcry when they "nerfed" ST Han and JTR when they changed literally nothing about the characters.
    Still not a he.
  • HoodieDM
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

They then went on in an interview to also outline that they had to remove it due to an agreement with a partner and they need to figure out a way to bring it back that doesn't violate that agreement. It's not always that simple.

22 days...??

Waka, waka, waka!!

~D
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    When? How? Which characters? Were they nerfed, or were they fixed?

There was a massive outcry when they "nerfed" ST Han and JTR when they changed literally nothing about the characters.

You should have read my first message. It was with Barriss long time ago and her heroine pack. It was with GMYoda. And it was with JTRey (though they nerfed whole expose mechanics, she was the one to be targeted).
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    How did they nerf those characters?

You bring up JTR, but JTR was not altered, and the Expose change only applies to raids. So, you only example of them nerfing a character is them not nerfing a character.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think we are getting off topic.

The fear was they will nerf her. They have stated they have no intention to do so. We will consider this asked and answered. Closed.
This discussion has been closed.