New Here? Warrior's Best F2P Farming Guide - June 2018

CoastalJames
2971 posts Member
edited June 2018
Just watched this. If you're new then it's invaluable, if not so new - it's still definitely worth a look. I reckon Warrior has nailed it. It might not be perfect, and by it's nature it's subjective, but I feel it's a very interesting method he suggests. I've got some doubts on a few suggestions he makes, but largely I believe it is of value -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2_J_BwXSOY

Replies

• Options
    Really? Nobody? That's hilarious :smiley:
  • Options
    Well, James, it's a video from February. Most of us watch them as soon as the GC's put them out ;)
  • Options
    So..this is the old one?
  • Options
    Well, James, it's a video from February. Most of us watch them as soon as the GC's put them out ;)

I didn't realise, apologies. I still think it's of value though- particularly to new players.

:smile:
  • Options
    its a great guide. I watched it a few times myself. my only issue is too many side projects. anyways, great guide
  • Options
    RogerGamer wrote: »
    its a great guide. I watched it a few times myself. my only issue is too many side projects. anyways, great guide

Agreed. And some of his minor choices? I'd dispute. BUT - of course it's all opinion.

But, again, it's of value I think.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    There's definitely a lot of value in that video, and it's a good guide. I'm not sure what sort of response you were looking for though, especially since it's relatively old (sorta).

Even if some of the information is dated, there's a lot of value in the video if for not other reason than it has the right approach and gets you thinking about HOW to plan your farms and why certain paths will benefit you down the road.

I don't like that he just kind of glosses over the "side project" farms like they can be done along side the main focus without any interference at all.
  • Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    There's definitely a lot of value in that video, and it's a good guide. I'm not sure what sort of response you were looking for though, especially since it's relatively old (sorta).

I can't say I was looking for any particular response other than some newer folk finding it useful.
  • uhdea
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Not really agreeing with it so far.
    for one its important to get to 7*, don't stop at 5. yes those are longer unlocks, but if you are in a guild that runs 7* rancor or HAAT you won't get any rewards unless you have a 7* team. Plus 7* phoenix (assuming you are in a newer shard) should keep you in the 100-150 range and will take out GW consistently and is necessary for 7* palp, which is a very easy fight for them (I set it to auto attack and still beat it). Sabine should honeslty be a side project- you don't need her unlocked until level 60.
    ST is situational, if thrawn happens to land right when you have a level 70 7* phoenix team then ST is almost moot, as thrawn will replace him anyway. Important for an imperial trooper team still? yes, but that is very far down the road. Snowtrooper is not needed at all at this point.

honestly I prefer a "source" type strategy since character will advance at different rates based on where you can farm them.
    cantina- hera/ezra -> TFP -> (KRU/KR)/farmboy luke (depending on timing of last bb8/cls event) ->finn/vethan/vetchewie
    cantina store- chopper ->FOO ->poe
    arena store- kanan -> tarkin -> princess leia/sthan
    GW store- zeb ->biggs ->CP with tie fighter/biggs ships as available
    guild store- old ben/gear -> fosfp/gear
    ls/ds battles- all gear until level 50, then unlock sabine, then focus on rey and RT.

starting off there's really no need to farm 6+ toons for specific teams. focus on 5 toon teams.

this way you get phoenix.
    phoenix is needed for thrawn and can easily beat 7* palp.
    that's 2 of your empire team, vader will come with accomplishments and from fleet store shards. TFP and tarkin finishes up empire team.
    empire team gets you r2, FO team gets you bb8. that's 2 of your resistance team. scavenger rey, finn, and poe finish it up.
    your CLS team is ready
    your JTR team is ready.
    you have a scoundrel team ready for the max tier. you will lag a bit in this area, but you can't buy shards with credits and that's what's more important at this point.
  • Options
    There are many other farming guides in the form of easily referenced, clear, and concise charts and graphics that are preferable to this, and videos in general, in my opinion. Even when he chooses to publish his guides as a graphic, his choice of fonts, colors, and other styling leave a lot to be desired.
  • Options
    Even when he chooses to publish his guides as a graphic, his choice of fonts, colors, and other styling leave a lot to be desired.

Let's see yours then please mate? :smile:

• Options
    uhdea wrote: »
    Not really agreeing with it so far.
    for one its important to get to 7*, don't stop at 5. yes those are longer unlocks, but if you are in a guild that runs 7* rancor or HAAT you won't get any rewards unless you have a 7* team. Plus 7* phoenix (assuming you are in a newer shard) should keep you in the 100-150 range and will take out GW consistently and is necessary for 7* palp, which is a very easy fight for them (I set it to auto attack and still beat it). Sabine should honeslty be a side project- you don't need her unlocked until level 60.
    ST is situational, if thrawn happens to land right when you have a level 70 7* phoenix team then ST is almost moot, as thrawn will replace him anyway. Important for an imperial trooper team still? yes, but that is very far down the road. Snowtrooper is not needed at all at this point.

honestly I prefer a "source" type strategy since character will advance at different rates based on where you can farm them.
    cantina- hera/ezra -> TFP -> (KRU/KR)/farmboy luke (depending on timing of last bb8/cls event) ->finn/vethan/vetchewie
    cantina store- chopper ->FOO ->poe
    arena store- kanan -> tarkin -> princess leia/sthan
    GW store- zeb ->biggs ->CP with tie fighter/biggs ships as available
    guild store- old ben/gear -> fosfp/gear
    ls/ds battles- all gear until level 50, then unlock sabine, then focus on rey and RT.

starting off there's really no need to farm 6+ toons for specific teams. focus on 5 toon teams.

this way you get phoenix.
    phoenix is needed for thrawn and can easily beat 7* palp.
    that's 2 of your empire team, vader will come with accomplishments and from fleet store shards. TFP and tarkin finishes up empire team.
    empire team gets you r2, FO team gets you bb8. that's 2 of your resistance team. scavenger rey, finn, and poe finish it up.
    your CLS team is ready
    your JTR team is ready.
    you have a scoundrel team ready for the max tier. you will lag a bit in this area, but you can't buy shards with credits and that's what's more important at this point.

Good post and thanks for it!

• Options
    Even when he chooses to publish his guides as a graphic, his choice of fonts, colors, and other styling leave a lot to be desired.

Lol. Classic response for any type of criticism, which is not new for his particular design choices, btw.
  • Options

Lol. Classic response for any type of criticism, which is not new for his particular design choices, btw.

Lol all you want mate...and yeah, it is a classic response - because those that don't do, snipe those that do ;)

• uhdea
    49 posts Member
    Options
    put it in chart form, since its easier to organize that way. should do a youtube voice over since it may be easier to explain a few things, maybe i'll get to that one day
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1flsMD3qCFccLk6n-PKCZ_L-GVGMta02GTNBmL6m0S5c/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    uhdea wrote: »
    put it in chart form, since its easier to organize that way. should do a youtube voice over since it may be easier to explain a few things, maybe i'll get to that one day
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1flsMD3qCFccLk6n-PKCZ_L-GVGMta02GTNBmL6m0S5c/edit?usp=sharing

Good work mate! Well done.