Game strategy

Porg
20 posts Member
I made an elaborate plan that outlined my strategy to get CLS, but lately, I’ve been super frustrated becuase my fleet is lacking and all my ships get killed within a minute. Should I abandon my quest to get CLS and just focus on upgrading characters that can pilot ships?

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Depends on how far you are from CLS

@Porg
  • Options
    CLS is still functional in Arena teams.
    CLS can Solo Phase one of HAAT
    CLS can Solo HPit or be part of a TM reduction team to Solo
    CLS is needed for LSTB
    CLS comes with an achievement which gives gear, credits and a Zeta if I remember rightly.

Yeah, he’s actually worth it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    See above, yes hes worth it.

The game is all about long haul plans. Keep focus and plan ahead.

Dont be scared to change/make new plans, but dont do so lightly.

Ships are a deep project, but can be done in parallel, just take it slow. Ships is one of the easier places to make a come back.
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Currently, I’m trying to upgrade my Imperial faction in order to get R2-D2 and 7* him, because he’s needed for CLS. I have Princess Leia, Farmboy Luke, and Stormtrooper Han, and I’m close to unlocking Old Ben. Those are the only characters you need, right?
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Yes those are all of them when you say you have them do you mean unlocked or 7 star because you need them 7 star to unlock CLS
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Porg wrote: »
    Should I abandon my quest to get CLS and just focus on upgrading characters that can pilot ships?

You have plenty of pilots, you can farm without conflicts with your preparation for CLS. Biggs, FOTP, Boba Fett, JC and Vader to name a few

• Porg
    20 posts Member
    Options
    I already have Wiggs at 7*, JC at 7*, and I’m working on modding Vader right now. Same for Boba Fett.

Technically, I don’t have anyone for the CLS challenge at 7* yet. However, I do have one or two characters for the JTR challenge at 7* already, so I’m not sure if I should go for JTR instead.
  • Options
    I already have Wiggs at 7*, JC at 7*, and I’m working on modding Vader right now. Same for Boba Fett.

Technically, I don’t have anyone for the CLS challenge at 7* yet. However, I do have one or two characters for the JTR challenge at 7* already, so I’m not sure if I should go for JTR instead.

If you dont have BB8 yet or at least the full 7* squad of FO to unlock him this month then I'd strongly suggest sticking with CLS first. JTR is a MUCH longer road, but with that being said both events are most likely this month and since you probably won't be ready you'll have plenty of time to prepare for the next round, typically 3 months away.

As for ships, have you unlocked the zeta mat challenge yet? If yes, focus on CLS as your main with ships thrown in where possible, if however you haven't unlocked the zeta mat challenge then I'd focus on ships above all else until then.
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    Options
    What Zeta mat challenge? Are you talking about the highest tier for the ships ability materials challenge?
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Also, I wish there was an efficient way where you could simultaneously upgrade ships and characters that would help you in the long run. If I try to get CLS, then my ship characters will be neglected for a super long period of time, and I won’t be able to do anything. But if I don’t get CLS, I’ll be at a significant disadvantage as I move up in the arena and Territory Wars—not that I really will get far anytime soon.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    There's a little overlap in that Vader and TFP have very good ships, and you can use them to get R2.
  • Options
    CLS is super important and super useful.

Stick with getting him. You won't regret it.
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

If you dont have BB8 yet or at least the full 7* squad of FO to unlock him this month then I'd strongly suggest sticking with CLS first. JTR is a MUCH longer road, but with that being said both events are most likely this month and since you probably won't be ready you'll have plenty of time to prepare for the next round, typically 3 months away.

As for ships, have you unlocked the zeta mat challenge yet? If yes, focus on CLS as your main with ships thrown in where possible, if however you haven't unlocked the zeta mat challenge then I'd focus on ships above all else until then.

Excuse me, but what is the Zeta mat challenge?
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I think he means the ships materials challenge where you have a chance to get up to 2 per roll.

Dont shout. ;)
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options

Personally, I think Cls is overhyped. The only thing CLS got me was the ability to solo the Rancor, but as there are many in my guild who can also do that, even that is not really a big deal, putting me to around rank 10-15.
    I put cls in tw, but he doesnt stop too many attackers usually, and i dont use him for anything else. So from my subjective perspective, it wasnt worth the farm.
  • Options
    Too many abbreviations used in these forums. In fact this whole thing is only useful for max level top tier players. Boo!
  • Options
    You have Wiggs at 7*. For R2 Event use TieFighterPilot, Tarkin, Vader + 2. So for fleet put in TieFighter, Vader and Biggs under Tarkin lead.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »

Personally, I think Cls is overhyped. The only thing CLS got me was the ability to solo the Rancor, but as there are many in my guild who can also do that, even that is not really a big deal, putting me to around rank 10-15.
    I put cls in tw, but he doesnt stop too many attackers usually, and i dont use him for anything else. So from my subjective perspective, it wasnt worth the farm.

He is extremely useful in Tank and TB and many rebel events. The characters you have to farm to get him are all good. I will agree people seem to have figured him out for TW and he has been getting 1-shot for me recently.
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry for shouting. I’ve just been extremely frustrated with the game lately.
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Sparkle361 wrote: »
    You have Wiggs at 7*. For R2 Event use TieFighterPilot, Tarkin, Vader + 2. So for fleet put in TieFighter, Vader and Biggs under Tarkin lead.

Okay. I’ve been working on Tarkin and Vader lately, so maybe I need to also focus on TIE fighter pilot too. I was reluctant to work on him because of the new ships meta, but he might come in handy later. I was planning to use Imperial Guard and Thrawn as well for the R2-D2 event.
    VonZant wrote: »
    I think he means the ships materials challenge where you have a chance to get up to 2 per roll.

Dont shout. ;)

I don’t have the Zeta challenge unlocked yet, so should I try to focus on that? Or just keep working on CLS? I mean, once I get CLS, then I can start farming Zetas for him. Or something.
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    Options
    CLS is a limited time event. If you miss it now you have to wait 3 months before you get another shot. If you can focus and get CLS, I'd get him now.

That said, Vader, Tarkin, FTP are all pilots and needed for 7 star r2. So you're kind of working on both. You can also use all your galactic war node currency to buy ship shards for biggs, wedge, TFP, and the genosian while farming the other things for CLS.

I'm in the same boat (still leveling though) where I'm focusing my cantina and daily energy towards starring up and gearing up CLS stuff, and everything else is going towards pilots/ships.

That said, if your math for how many shards/gear you're getting per day says you won't get a shot at CLS, I would consider focusing exclusively on pilots/ships until you unlock the zeta challenge, then come back and finish CLS farming and aim for the Sept/Oct CLS event.
  • Options
    I made an elaborate plan that outlined my strategy to get CLS, but lately, I’ve been super frustrated becuase my fleet is lacking and all my ships get killed within a minute. Should I abandon my quest to get CLS and just focus on upgrading characters that can pilot ships?

The whole game is designed to frustrate your plans so you end up spending money to fulfill your goals. That is not a criticism. That is the whole function of the game.

So you can go two ways. Firstly, you can pay up. Secondly, you can work towards a goal regardless of everything else that is going on around you, ignore the shiny new distractions put there to tempt you and grind single-mindedly towards your goal.

The choice is yours.

But...CLS is definitely worth it.

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Roopehun wrote: »

He is extremely useful in Tank and TB and many rebel events. The characters you have to farm to get him are all good. I will agree people seem to have figured him out for TW and he has been getting 1-shot for me recently.

Yes, CLS is beatable in tw and even in a single battle most often.
    But it takes a strong team to do so, don’t forget that. Your opponents aren’t taking him out with tuskens, they are using a strong offense team that would otherwise be available for another defensive team.

Even getting one-shot serves a purpose if it eats up a good offensive team.
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    Options
    At the moment, I think I’ll probably just try and work on my Empire characters for R2, mainly because I need more Dark Side ships in order to get Tarkin’s ship to 5* and do the Zeta mat/ship abilities challenge. I’m still low-key farming Leia and Stormtrooper Han shards from the arena store, so all I need to do is gear them up. Same for Old Ben and Farmboy Luke.

By the way, how hard is it to get shards for Vader’s TIE fighter? I don’t see it in the Fleet Arena Store, and today, it only popped up in shipments and it cost a lot of crystals.