Star Wars Obi-Wan movie: HUGE Ewan McGregor news plus release date

Article: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/968232/Star-Wars-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-movie-Ewan-McGregor-release-date-plot-force-ghost

"STAR WARS Obi-Wan Kenobi movie news reveals Ewan McGregor is already "in talks" and this is when filming will start. The release date is also sooner than expected."

Replies

• Options
    Couldn't resist this snark.. At least they can't kill Obi, again.. lol
  • Options
    Lol yeah we know he will survive. Great potential for a good film there, Ewan did a superb job in his role. Still won't go see it in the theater after TLJ though.
  • Options
    Perhaps we can see more of his "affair" with the Duchess.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Mike Zero's "predictions" and "inside sources" are about as credible as a rich politician......

Before TLJ he described a scene from his "sources" describing how Luke would fight the Knights of Ren and take them all out.....
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    If the movie is indeed set post-ROTS he will be on Tatooine and Solo left a good lead off its end of the movie to set the scene on Tatooine.

Lots to explore there for Obi - Hutt Clan, bounty hunters and of course the cameo from Solo Mr. M.

There is no reason why they won't redo that part of M's fate with Obi from the perspective of Obi (skirting around other story lines we know)

Sorry trying to avoid spoilers - nt that you can spoil Solo - the first Star Wars movie to flop out, lol
  • Options

The Dutchess died, so I doubt. From the preview it looks like post Revenge of the Sith and pre New Hope.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what really could be told about Obi Wan and his time on Tattooine waiting for Luke to grow up. Seems like it would be more of a self discovery story than a Star Wars story.
  • Options

The Dutchess died, so I doubt. From the preview it looks like post Revenge of the Sith and pre New Hope.

Possibly a picture of her in his home, who knows..

• Options

A nod, but I don't think that is a major thing. Now if they were to have a child, that child finds him and it's revealed they eventually have a daughter that gets left on Jakku. That would be of some significant value.
  • Options

A nod, but I don't think that is a major thing. Now if they were to have a child, that child finds him and it's revealed they eventually have a daughter that gets left on Jakku. That would be of some significant value.

Oh you had to go there huh.. lol ;)
  • Options
    Do we really need a Kenobi movie? Didn't we get enough of him in Clone Wars? This movie sounds at pointless as Solo...
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Do we really need a Kenobi movie? Didn't we get enough of him in Clone Wars? This movie sounds at pointless as Solo...

Not every movie has to be "needed."

Solo was pointless, sure, if you only think SW needs saga movies. It was still a lot of fun.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    TCW and Rebels filled in enough of the blanks for a lot of the characters between ep2-4. If anything they need some movies set between ep 6 and 7, chronicling the fall of the empire and the rise of the FO. Maybe we'll start to see those after ep 9 is released.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Not every movie has to be "needed."

Solo was pointless, sure, if you only think SW needs saga movies. It was still a lot of fun.

Not necessarily sagas but just something new. Disney seems obsessed with member-berry Star Wars movies because they have no idea how to do something original (other than letting Rian burn everything to the ground lol).
  • Options

The Lame Jedi was not needed neither was That Farts Awful. Sucks that the side stories are better than the main movies
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    That Farts Awful.

The level of wit on this forum never ceases to amaze.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Personally - I'd like a Jedi Knight Yoda movie - explaining the history and finding of the Prophecy of the Chosen One.

Yoda is 900 years old and Ki-Adi Mundi stated the Sith had been extinct for a Milenia (1000 years) - give or take 100 years, this story could show the perceived belief of the extinction of the sith too.

Different era would command an exciting fresh look at star wars, the jedi and the sith - as well as a darn good protagonist and beloved character as the hero.

It could also help clear up some plot holes along the way.
    Post edited by Boo on
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    As much as I love the OT era - Disney and Lucasfilm need to get their heads out of that era and give us something truly refreshing and brilliant - not different, brilliant. Just being different = TLJ, and look how well that turned out, lol
  • Options

Oh you had to go there huh.. lol ;)

It would be less obvious than Rey really being a Skywalker. It still could be that Rey and Kylo are siblings, and when Kylo said her parents were nobody, it shows his detachment and hatred for his parents, who dropped him off at Jedi camp and left to go save the galaxy or smuggle. Who wants to be left with creepy old uncle Luke?