ede56i929n07.png
How can I beat that? I tried 5 times and Vader just slaughters me

Replies

• UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Sometimes you just can't. It happens.

While I can't confirm it with statistics, it seems like when that happens it sets back to a slightly lower difficulty the next GW.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it will get better eventually once you've developed your roster, maybe you can take some comfort in knowing that..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    the last node is always above your current level.
    leef wrote: »
    it will get better eventually once you've developed your roster, maybe you can take some comfort in knowing that..

this.

once you hit 85 the teams you face are "frozen" at that level and you will develop past that, its gets really easy.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Probably the hardest roster to counter that team with. Rebel and Jedi heavy. Always hated those final nodes.

All of a sudden though it will just click. Used to finish maybe 1/3 of my GWs but then I went on a tear where I won 60+ days in a row. Having a balanced L/D roster helps too. And at least one maxed out 7* healer.
  • Options
    He asked for advice on how to beat it and people are like "yeah, it will get better". Like, what?

Anyway, to answer your question. You cannot beat it currently.
    To avoid that happening again in the future, max out a single squad fully. Preferably a high damage, survivability rebel team of wiggs,chaze and r2. They can beat most teams you'll ever face in GW, at even g10. They have their uses outside of GW too so dont worry about their useability.
    Aaand, use a phoenix team in the first easy phases of GW cause they regenerate protection. In node 3, use your best team once, to get them high tm. But make sure their cd is on zero.
  • Options
    To avoid that happening again in the future, max out a single squad fully.

Don't do that.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Your opponents are based on your five best characters, no? So if your best characters are light years ahead of your whole roster, the nodes will be more advanced.

According to TLJ: "balance..."

On node 5, 10, and 11, always try and finish off the last character or two using only your basics. 6,11, and 12 are the hardest nodes. Have everyone ready to unleash the most damage at the opening of the hard nodes. Put together a "B" team too that can clear most of the in between nodes that aren't hard at all.

A - KRU, Kylo, FOTP, FOST, CP/Daka depending on lineup
    B - Palp, Vader, RG, Tarkin, Boba or TFP depending on opponent lineup. Also have Luminara on the bench if a squad gets hit hard on one of the three hard nodes. If so I throw a healer on an easy node to bring everyone back up.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Don't do that.

Thank you. OP - doing what was suggested there will just make the end nodes EVEN harder. Though you are already gaining on the hardest nodes - as you close in on 85 they will stay there.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Eh. I mean... Im not in a rush so yeah
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Options
    He asked for advice on how to beat it and people are like "yeah, it will get better". Like, what?

Anyway, to answer your question. You cannot beat it currently.
    To avoid that happening again in the future, max out a single squad fully. Preferably a high damage, survivability rebel team of wiggs,chaze and r2. They can beat most teams you'll ever face in GW, at even g10. They have their uses outside of GW too so dont worry about their useability.
    Aaand, use a phoenix team in the first easy phases of GW cause they regenerate protection. In node 3, use your best team once, to get them high tm. But make sure their cd is on zero.

Thx. I do use my phoenix team in the beginning of the GW
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Options
    To avoid that happening again in the future, max out a single squad fully.

Don't do that.

Wasn't even planning on it
  • Options
    Phoenix really isn't a bad early investment in the game. It's great for the first 150 GWs (until you can thankfully sim them - and keeps your arena squad fresh. They can cause matchup problems in TW and have a ton of utility in LS TB (between SMs and CMs). Zeb and Kanan don't have to be much more than G8 to be useful (I stopped at the stun guns every time). Chopper, Ezra and Hera in that order won't disappoint at higher gear levels and can carry you through the Phase 5 LSTB mission. Just something to consider.

You've probably been playing since February or March if you haven't missed any time. There will be days when GW is a nightmare (no pun intended). Take solace in the fact that it could be outlandish before they capped the top tier of difficulty (when G12 first came out and GK / Zarriss was a thing). There were threads focused on 'breaking' GW - making your initial squad so 'powerful' that the system couldn't find a match and turned node 12 into a battle against a bunch of low geared / random toons.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Options
    Once you hit level 85 it will get so easy