What squad should I focus for Arena?

So from the looks of it most people run an empire team with Palp or Nihilius, but my Empire team isn't quite strong enough yet.

If someone could please look at my characters and see what squad I can use in the meantime until I get my Empire team stronger that would be great.

Thanks

Replies

• Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options
    We need your swgoh.gg account to view your characters. Could you please post this to help us help you?
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Calastar wrote: »
    We need your swgoh.gg account to view your characters. Could you please post this to help us help you?

Check my signature. Its already there.
    \/
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I am on mobile and apparently I can't see signatures. Oh well.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/freedomfrom/
    Here it is non-signature. Didn't know mobile can't see it.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Me neither
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Ok. I see your characters are a bit muddled, but I got something. I say maybe Rebels with Wedge lead and maybe work up biggs if you can or not and just use ATF, Ezra, Kanan, and Old Ben or you can try team comps that might work. What is your arena filled with?
  • Options
    I agree it is a bit muddied, I do not see any focused direction.

For me, I would go EP, Vader, Thrawn, GMT, ST (but please replace him with TFP).
    I assume you are also using Vader GMT and TFP in Fleet.

I also agree that you should work on Biggs.
    You will need him in fleet and Wiggs combo is really useful anywhere in the game.
    I am surprised you got Wedge before Biggs.

I would suggest focusing on a limited number of toons, unless you are working on TB.
    Also please work on Scoundrels for Credit Heist.

There are a lot of beginner farming guides that could help give your farming some direction.
    Good luck!
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks guys, yeah I like Wedge's ability to hit all characters and do a lot of damage, so I made him a priority. I can start going on Biggs more.

And yeah I kinda just went after characters I liked up until recently so it is very muddled. But i'm trying to get into more focused squads.

And my arena is filled with everything. Mostly Empire teams, some Phoenix teams, sometimes a Rogue One team with Baze, which he tears me apart. Rebels, scoundrels, nightsisters...etc.

And yes, I do use my Empire team of Palp, Moff, Vader, Thrawn and Trooper quite a bit. The Trooper sucks so I will look to replace him with TFP.

Thanks guys for the direction!
  • Options
    If we go for a lot of things all at once, our roster will be cluttered because we have limited resources (assuming F2P).

Even if you are not a new player, these guides should help you focus on a long term plan and help you become efficient in spending resources.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154847/new-player-farming-guide-2018#latest
  • Options
    Right yeah, i'm realizing just going after random people was not a good strategy haha. Thanks for the help.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options
    That's what I did when I started and I was working on clones after finishing watching Clone Wars and I was like, "Whoa! Clones are so coop! I want to get them right now!" I got them all to gear 8 and 9 and 6 star. Then I got Nihilus and freaked out over him. Then I eventually worked up nightmare on accident because I thought it was a good composition lol.

My next account will be much better.
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Nightmare is basically empire right? Palp, vader, thrawn, moff...etc right?

I just started using a rebel team in GW, Wedge, Fulcrum, STHan, Chirrut, Old Ben. Its doing pretty good. Fulcrum is such a best if there are a lot of buffs.
    Post edited by FREEDOMfrom on
  • Options
    Nightmare is 4 Sith + Thrawn
    EP Vader Thrawn Sion DN
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Nightmare is Empire and Sith. Palpatine lead preferably with zeta, Superspeed Vader, Thrawn, Sion, and Nihilus. Moff isn't too good with them. I tried it and he failed miserably. You can try it if you really want to.
  • Options
    Calastar wrote: »
    Nightmare is Empire and Sith. Palpatine lead preferably with zeta, Superspeed Vader, Thrawn, Sion, and Nihilus. Moff isn't too good with them. I tried it and he failed miserably. You can try it if you really want to.

Oh got it. I'm still working on unlocking Nihilus, and Sion I just need to beef up. Yeah moff is kinda a dud it seems.
  • Options
    Moff can be useful in Fleet and Rancor raid because he has TM removal.
    Under Zeta Vader you can use your empire team, TFP, GMT, Thrawn, EP to solo the raid.
    You need gear from raids.
    Fleets have less active people compared to Arena so you might want to try your luck.
  • Options
    My ships are so garbage. I'm lucky to win a fight there haha. Gonna start farming some more ships to beef them up.
  • Options
    Ships 2.0 is a good opportunity to start fresh =)
    Farm Vader Biggs and TFP.
    Also farm Cantina node of KRU.. you get him and his ship on the same node.
  • Options
    Yep, i've been farming KRU for awhile to prepare for BB8. Now i'm 1 star away on FOO and FOST to get BB8. So close, just like 20 more shards.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you focus on the empire team, which K33p3r suggested, and prioritize them for gear, mods, training, zetas etc. that empire team (EP, Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn and TFP) can actually climb quite high. As soon as you give EP your next zeta, you will see a great improvement.