List of Key Toons and their Requirements

Anrath
216 posts Member
edited June 2018
I am posting a list of key toons, and a summary of the requirements needed to get them, but I would really like some help in completing this list. :)
Some of this is available at swgoh.gg under events, but not all of it. Please add to the list what I have missed. Thanks!

Jedi Training Rey
- you need Scavenger Rey, Finn, BB-8, Veteran Han, and Veteran Chewbacca, all at 7*

CLS
- you need Old Ben, Farmboy Luke, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, and R2, all at 7*

R2-D2
5, 5-7* Empire (like Palpatine Vader Tarkin RG TFP), Lvl 82+, G8+

BB8
5, 5-7* First Order, Lvl 82+, G8+

THRAWN
5, Pheonix toons. Need 5* Pheonix to get 5* Thrawn; 7, for 7 Thrawn. Lvl 85, G8+. Recommended: Hera Ezra Zeb Kanan Chopper, with decent speed/mods and uniques/Hera Leadership omegas.

CHIMAERA
5*-7* ships of the following (to obtain a 5*-7* Chimaera): Home One, both Pheonix Ships (Ghost, Phantom) and 1 or more other rebel ships (use to require 3 more rebel ships).

PALPATINE
5, 5-7* Rebels. Lvl 80+, G7+

GMYODA
5, 5-7* Jedi. Lvl 82+, G8+

ROLO
Shards obtained from special mission in LS TB phase 3. Requires Capt Han & HRSoldier at 5*

CAPT HAN
Single Cantina node only.

IPD
Shards obtained using a team of 5* imperial troopers, including Starck, in the special mission in DS TB phase 3 (the dark side equivalent to ROLO).

STARK
Currently only available from the Guild Store.

HYoda
Guild Event Store & rewards from some Achievements.

WAMPA
Guild Event Store.
Also rewarded during a special event, which has run twice, and requires bounty hunters.
Not rewarded from DS TB.

SION
Shards found at Ship & Normal energy hard nodes.

RAID HAN SOLO/ GENERAL KENOBI/ TRAYA
Some shards rewarded each time a Heroic Rancor/ AAT/ Sith Raid is beaten.

NEST
Not currently farmable. Available from packs.

Also:

MOD CHALLENGES
You need 3, 3+* toons to obtain the 3* mods (tier 1), 4, 4+* toons for 4* mods (tier 2), and 5, 5* toons for 5* mods (tier 3).
Working to access the tier 3 challenges (5* mods) can get you part way towards being ready for certain legendary events. Example, Defense mods & the GMYoda event both require Jedi toons.
The type of toons you need to use depends on the mod type you want, as follows:

Health - Any
Defense - Jedi (event: GMYoda)
Critical Dmg - Jawa
Critical Hit - Scoundrels (event: Credit Heist; possibly useful for JTR)
Tenacity - Rebels (event: PALPATINE; possibly THRAWN or CLS)
Offense - First Order (event: BB8)
Potency - Empire (event: R2-D2)
Speed - Resistance (event: sorta useful for JTR)

(adapted from https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/53833/mod-challenges)

*BOLD Are Hero's Journey Quests. They only unlock at 7* and thus require 7* toons to complete.
All other toons/ships (Legendary Quests) unlock at 5*, and thus only need 5* toons to complete the unlocking phase of the quest; 7* toons/ships required to get 7* version of legendary toons/ships.

*Special thanks to Waqui, and Kilum, for what i had so far, and everyone else that comments with stuff I have missed. But I might stop with this (barring any errors), as the rabbit hole is deep and I don't want to fall in.
Post edited by Anrath on

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    You missed the legendary grand master Yoda requiring 5 jedi and also legendary Chimaera requiring Home One, Ghost, Phantom and 1 or more other rebel ships.

Legendary characters unlock at 5* and hence don't require characters at 7* as you claim. 7* is only required to promote them to 7*. (Hero characters, however, unlock at 7* only).

Since you listed CHS, you may also want to add Starck (guild store).

You're most welcome :—)
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Oh yeah... which ones are the Hero Journey characters (and which legendary)? I get them all mixed up.

Legendary (unlock at 5* - 7*)
    Thrawn
    R2
    Chimera
    BB8
    Yoda

Hero J. (unlock at 7*)
    CLS
    JTR

??m
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Options
    it is actually NOT for new players... but can be used by them once they learn the short-hand. They gotta learn the short hand at some point.
  • Options

Its nice to just have everything compiled together and know whether you are prepared for newer players.
    CLS and RJT are the Heroes journey toons.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @jackaldo20 . Yeah I got frustrated trying to find this information out at the regular sites I visit for swgoh info, so thought I would give it a try and compile the info here.
  • Options
    It may only be temporary, but CHS is not currently required for the phase 3 special in LSTB.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It also depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, but things you are missing:

The teams these key toons might be used in.

Locations in game where they are most useful. (This one is big as a new player may be looking for a specific path)

In reference to chimera - the toons needed for those ships

• Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link Fizz, but I wanted something more concise and with more of the important toons, which is what i posted.

Note, I have updated my original post with all the additional information I got (and a bit more) but wanted to keep it concise. If you want more details on some of the events/toons check out Fizz's post above.

Cheers.
  • SuperPat384
    70 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You forgot Traya which you get from sith raid, and sion from hard battle