SECRETS AND SHADOWS Tier 2 bare minium to survive Sid?

Prev1
So I see some people saying they did the BONUS tier with Phoenix g8, Erza g10, not sure how really

I am just trying to get past Sid's insane AOE on level 4 in tier 2 of this event. Apparently it does 33K dmg in bonus tier, not sure how much in tier 2?

I have Phoenix and NS teams mostly g7 & g8. I tried both, tried combos etc, no go, as soon as Sid attacks he demos the entire team. I put offense down on him, still all dead. I staggered him with Talia, Zeb, but he does get to go eventually and when he does, all dead. I have Asajj lead no Zeta, which some say they did it with, and still no go, he gets his aoe off and all dead.

How much dmg does it do? I see some saying just auto the bluddy thing until it finally manages to not kill everyone, then put it back on manual, crazy stuff.

Ideas? What is the bare minimum you did it with? How did you survive the AOE?

Replies

• Options
    Bare minimum i did it with was,

G8 phoenix w/o chopper. Except ezra was g10.
    Took a lot of tries, but basically get offense down on sid just before his aoe. Prot. up by ezra on kanan, by kanan on hera, by zeb on hera and hera's revive on sabine. Time staggers right. Don't forget sid's extra evasion against jedi.

Use event ability on ezra since he takes turns frequently. Same strategy for T2 and bonus. T2 is a LOT easier than bonus.

Good Game!
  • Options
    I survived with pheonix g8 (no sabin) by taunting with kanan with special ability that gave the rest defence up and having offence down on sid and throw the revive on the lowest toon
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Well, sisters are much better for this event.
    I passed with phonixes though before.
    Make sure Kanaan put offense down on sid. And you should use shatter buff from Sabine and Zeb to drop sids TM. Rather tricky thing :/ he most of the time one shots 3/5 phonixes
  • Options
    Never could do it with phoenix gear 8's

Couldn't be bothered modding them all just for that event.

Talzin lee nightsisters for sure.

Just get lucky and have daka survive his AOE or Talia to stagger a few times and you'll get through it.

Same goes for the hard tier too, bosses kill themselves with plague
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah takes a bit of RNG, Phoenix are definitely harder.

When running at the bare minimum RNG will become a huge factor.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Nightsisters under zAsajj walk all over all tiers of this event. With the TM reduction, Sidious doesn't even get a shot off.

Yes. I do that too.

But it's not relevant to this thread since it hardly qualifies as "bare minimum."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    If you have enough speed you can use hera, zeb, sabine, chopper, ezra. Use the bonus ability on ezra or chopper to give speed up to the stagger twins. Alternate zeb and sabines staggers to never let sid even get a turn. Call chopper with every assist and pray he reduces cds on either zeb or sabine.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I took out chopper and did it with everyone at g9. Can do it a g8 with chopper instead but its harder. Key is yo use event ability that phase and make sure Kanan hits him with Offense down.
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    Options
    My first time beating it today, g12 Zentress, g8 MT, g7 Daka, g11 Talia, g8 zZeb. I tried with g10 Sabine before Zeb. Everybody said they got 7* Thrawn with g8 PS too, but mine was a powerful g8 w/zZeb & there was no way. I think some of those are Zetad, or maybe way better mods.
  • Options
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    My first time beating it today, g12 Zentress, g8 MT, g7 Daka, g11 Talia, g8 zZeb. I tried with g10 Sabine before Zeb. Everybody said they got 7* Thrawn with g8 PS too, but mine was a powerful g8 w/zZeb & there was no way. I think some of those are Zetad, or maybe way better mods.

Mods, always about the mods and rng if you're doing it undergeared. This event took my arena mods the first time i beat it, but I've since made a few upgrades to chopper and ezra and can do it with their standing 50-70speed from mods instead of 100 speed.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Can't speak to Phoenix, but I can say that with Mother Talzin leading Nightsisters, you can do this so long as your Old Daka survives the AoE. Just spam special abilities to keep stacking Plagues on Sidious (Have Old Daka use Celerity, since she only has one other special and you don't want to risk it being on cooldown) and he'll drop at the start of his second turn. There's a high possibility that you'll still have dead characters going into p5, so remember that Night Blade Assault will res all dead allies if it finishes off an enemy--the Deathtrooper in p5 doesn't have a lot of health, and you need him dead anyway, so...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Did it this morning with Daka(L), Asajj, Talia, Zombie, and Initiate. Zombie is G5 or 6, all others are G8. Had to put an Omega on Daka's leadership skill to get enough of a health boost where she survives.

On Daka's first turn, activate Celerity to give her a defensive buff. Assuming you're modded up, that should be enough to survive Sidious' temper tantrum, then finish him off normally.
  • Options
    I beat both t2 and the bonus for the first time today, g8 6* Talzin lead, g11 7* Asajj, g11 5* acolyte, g10 7* Daka, and 5* g2 zombie. No zetas and +40 speed on all of them. T2 was easy. For the bonus, In p4 Sidious took out Daka and acolyte, the other three stacked enough plague to kill him, and in p5 Talzin started with a mass assist on death trooper which killed him and then revived the whole team. Easy after that. My g8 Phoenix absolutely didn’t stand a chance in either.
  • Farebearclaw
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The first time I beat this event a couple of months ago, I used an all NS team. For tier 2 I had an Asajj lead and I think she, MT, Acolyte and Daka were Gear 9, with Zombie at 8. RNG helped haha. Then for the bonus tier I switched to a Talzin lead and loaded up plague on Sidiuos and hoped my team wouldn’t get wiped out by his AOE. Ever since then though it’s been much easier at Gear X.

Edit: I had all abilities with Omegas and no Zetas...I still have no Zetas ugh haha
  • Options
    I just managed T2 with G10 Ezra, the rest G8. Pretty good mods, but not arena mods. I used Stagger to delay the first AOE, had Celerity on Ezra, and hammered away as much as possible. I got all debuffs cleansed, prot up, and Backup Plan engaged before the second AOE. I still lost Chopper, but the rest of the event was doable without Chopper.

I'm not even going to try the bonus tier. It's Friday. I don't need to make myself miserable on Friday. ;)
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    You don't need much on tier 2. Put an accuracy mod on Kanan so he can put offense down. If you use Sabine over Ezra, you will have an extra stagger besides Zeb's, and with luck that can be triggered by Chopper's assist. If you play it right, he will only do the AoE once. Since he can't be stunned, instead of calling an assist with Hera, use her basic to expose. At g8, you may need to put protection up on Hera and Sabine, and maybe use Backup plan on Sabine.

I did t3 last time with just putting protection on a g8 Hera (my Sabine is 11; so not sure what her minimum would be). My Hera is g9 now, so that helps a ton. I actually put a defense set on her, and try to find mods for your weak characters with protection primaries if you need to.

If in doubt, just take your one or two weakest to g9, but as with everything, having sufficient speed will be best so you can defeat him before he does too much damage.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I did t3 last time with just putting protection on a g8 Hera (my Sabine is 11; so not sure what her minimum would be).

My sabine is g8 and the aoe absolutely melts her, but if i see i can't stagger out of it backup plan brings her back and I'm back I'm track

Overall, im now using a g9 ezra, g10 chopper, g8 zeb, g8 sabine, g8 hera
  • Options
    I was able to beat the bonus tier with G10 Hera and Ezra and then G8 on the rest. Pretty tough. I ended up getting past the Sid battle by autoing it. When i tried to do it manual, I lost. Try auto a few times and see if that helps.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. I think Pulsehammer's is the most relative to me, trying a Daka lead for the extra health boost, since I can't survive a SINGLE AOE attack currently the whole team, no matter which I use, and even with offense down, everyone dies
    Post edited by jayjonbeach on
  • Options
    You could also try a talia, zeb and sabine. Maybe between all 3 you could keep him from getting a turn
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Could someone please tell me how much health you need to survive Sid's AOE on tier 2 of event?

I just had Daka with FULL protection and health, total 25K, die off from the attack, along with rest of team
  • Options
    Put your best speed mods on them too.That made the difference for me.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'd say you should really get Hera to g9 otherwise she gets toasted. Zeb and Kanan are tanky enough at g8. Get Ezra or Sabine to g9/10 and then use Hera's revive on the other one. Unless you really wanna put a lot of effort into modding Phoenix by stripping your arena teams and whatnot you're probably not gonna be able to stop Sid from taking a turn. Back before I geared Sabine up for HSTR was able to complete the bonus tier with Hera g9, Ezra g10, Zeb, Kanan, Sabine all at g8. Expect to get hit by the AOE once, but twice will certainly kill you.

*Edit: Totally read the title as tier 3, not tier 2 my bad.

I can run tier 2 on manual in a few hours and let you know how much damage Sid does, but you could probably just do that yourself by putting the game onto 1x speed before going into wave 4 and just letting Sid lay waste to your team via AOE. Might just need to change up mods to ones with more health/protection than the ones you've currently got on them. @jayjonbeach do you have a swgoh.gg profile? Linking that to help with modding could easily allow you to beat tier 2.
  • Options
    Simple answer for a Phoenix team: modded and geared for Thrawn is good enough for tiers 1 and 2 of Secrets and Shadows, and good enough for tier 3 with decent RNG.

I was able to auto through all 3 tiers (although I had to do the 3rd tier twice, as Sidious killed my team the first time) with my Phoenix team. https://swgoh.gg/u/kaimulai/squads/26311/ for reference.
  • darthjeary
    170 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I 3*'d with a decent Phoenix team, but its all about using their staggers strategically on Sidious and only allowing him to get one AOE off. No chopper so then Zeb and Sabine have staggers. Used onyl basics until Sid so I had everything as an option.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    Options
    I just beat it for the first time. G12 Assaj with a zeta on her lead, g11 daka, g10 talia, g10 talzin and g8 zombie. Sidious was able to get 1 turn on me with his aoe but other than that I was able to keep reducing his turn meter but the key to that part with sisters was for either daka or talzin ro survive the aoe. My talzin survived and revived everyone with her swarm attack
  • Options
    The bare minimum would probably be daka and hera, with a talzin lead. Put back up plan on daka, do not use any other specials until after sidious goes, after he goes spam any and all specials to get as much plague on sidious as possible. Then sit back and watch him die
  • Options
    Just wait till tier 3. Oh and Nihilus has instant kill for his first move...
  • Baugl1r
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I did it the first and second time around with phoenix g8 except Ezra 10.
    It takes a lot of tries but is doable.
    After hearing nightsisters for sith raid is a piece of cake, go in, press auto, profit.