Rework: Grand Master Yoda

12346Next

Replies

  • YaeVizsla
    3447 posts Member
    Those are two separate questions.

    Yoda's leadership zeta and its Tenacity Up on debuff is what makes it possible to use Jedi against Nihilus in the Sith raid. However, Ezra is the heavy hitter among the Jedi. Your best bet would probably be zeta Yoda's lead then gear Ezra to G11.
    Still not a he.
  • The back and forth is I’d find more use out of Ezra I think. But GMY is currently THE leader to have for Jedi.
  • YaeVizsla
    3447 posts Member
    Ultimate question is, do you want to use Jedi as a phase one Sith raid team?

    If that is on your radar at all, the decision has to be GMY lead. Ezra's zeta is a luxury. GMY's makes the team.
    Still not a he.
  • I currently use JTR on P1 of the sith raid. But having another option would be good. Also wouldn’t the foresight on his unique benefit JTR in an arena squad perhaps?
  • YaeVizsla
    3447 posts Member
    Yoda isn't titans level, and wouldn't be a good fit for a JTR squad, least of all in arena as the AI wouldn't really take advantage of it very intelligently.

    Also, that's his special. GMY doesn't have a unique.
    Still not a he.
  • @Roopehun Do you have a screenshot? Or could you take on next time you play that team? What were the stats on your Phoenix team? My team was under geared but also not all omegas or zetas (only one zeta, not even an essential one), and not great mods (their speed was awful). Just curious since my g8 Phoenix with garbage mods can’t even get 150k, their basic attacks and low damage get stuck behind Nihilus’ protection.
  • Gotya. Thank you!
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    @Roopehun Do you have a screenshot? Or could you take on next time you play that team? What were the stats on your Phoenix team? My team was under geared but also not all omegas or zetas (only one zeta, not even an essential one), and not great mods (their speed was awful). Just curious since my g8 Phoenix with garbage mods can’t even get 150k, their basic attacks and low damage get stuck behind Nihilus’ protection.

    Weve just passed p1 so it will take some days until I get a go at it again. A couple of ideas that may be the root cause of the discrepancies:
    -are you using Sabine? Her armor debuff is key for total damage. Also, Chopper is a burden, since all his assists are basics, generating protection on nihi.
    -is your Ezra the strongest geared/mods? Mine is g10 w acceptable mods (the others are equipped with much less)
    -get the omegas that lead to better damage. Ive got all omegas, but no zeta.
  • I am using Sabine instead of chopper. And no, Ezra is g8 with mods just as terrible as the others. I have all the omegas on Hera, Ezra, and Sabine, but I’m missing Kanan’s basic and zeb’s 2nd special. I also have no zetas.
  • Now that you reworked his abilities........rework his stats since you guys took his only defense away with all these toons hitting through foresight
  • That’s the big problem with his rework almost all the buffs are pointless when foresight is basically useless against newer toons, and also Traya lead countering being buffed out of turn.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Hello, I'm preparing to give my first zeta ability today...and I really can't decide whether to use it on GMY lead or QGJ lead. I run gmYoda, QGJ, old Ben, Ezra and Anakin
    Any toughts?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    For arena or Raids? Im no expert but you should specify so those that are can help.
  • TuxArion
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    VonZant wrote: »
    For arena or Raids? Im no expert but you should specify so those that are can help.

    I'm more interested in Arena...but I would like to hear your thoughts in both cases
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    TuxArion wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    For arena or Raids? Im no expert but you should specify so those that are can help.

    I'm more interested in Arena...but I would like to hear your thoughts in both cases

    Someone else will have to help. My Jedi blow. Im just learning to use them myself. ;)
  • YaeVizsla
    3447 posts Member
    Jedi are not a strong arena team.

    GM Yoda's lead is necessary to use them as a phase one Sith raid team.

    In most cases, the leadership ability is the most important zeta on a team, though there are exceptions, like with Commander Luke, where It Binds All Things is probably his most important zeta.
    Still not a he.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    TuxArion wrote: »
    Hello, I'm preparing to give my first zeta ability today...and I really can't decide whether to use it on GMY lead or QGJ lead. I run gmYoda, QGJ, old Ben, Ezra and Anakin
    Any toughts?

    Depends on your shard. In a competitve shard, Yoda is better but you would need HYoda too and Kenobi for the taunt, but also the crit immunity. Yoda and QGJ are squishy and because all the "cannot be evaded" abilities (Han, Sion, ...), you need a tank like Kenobi.
    Now, if you don't face any Han (same reason as above -cannot be evaded, hit like a truck-), QGJ can be a good leader, but at long term, you'll have to switch and use GMYoda.
  • TuxArion
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Depends on your shard. In a competitve shard, Yoda is better but you would need HYoda too and Kenobi for the taunt, but also the crit immunity. Yoda and QGJ are squishy and because all the "cannot be evaded" abilities (Han, Sion, ...), you need a tank like Kenobi.
    Now, if you don't face any Han (same reason as above -cannot be evaded, hit like a truck-), QGJ can be a good leader, but at long term, you'll have to switch and use GMYoda.

    I was definitely thinking of acquiring general Kenobi and HYoda but I don't think I will get Kenobi any time soon due to a not so powerful guild...I move from the 900# position in arena up to 1200#. I was hoping of climbing further up the scale by zeta-ing one of those characters.
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Jedi are not a strong arena team.

    GM Yoda's lead is necessary to use them as a phase one Sith raid team.

    In most cases, the leadership ability is the most important zeta on a team, though there are exceptions, like with Commander Luke, where It Binds All Things is probably his most important zeta.

    Sadly, I don't have CLS yet...I know they really lack a good defensive character and DPS but I'm a big jedi fan so I chose to develope jedi faction from the beggining, It's my only faction for the time, that can at least stand up to the test for know.

    Post edited by TuxArion on
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    232 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Jedi are not a strong arena team.


    I agree that Jedi aren’t meta, but that is mostly because they don’t hold on defense, but Jedi can be competitive in arena.

    1wx85ox52cht.png
    d6a8xm2q72zj.png

  • Clash2Far
    163 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Jedi are not a strong arena team.

    GM Yoda's lead is necessary to use them as a phase one Sith raid team.

    In most cases, the leadership ability is the most important zeta on a team, though there are exceptions, like with Commander Luke, where It Binds All Things is probably his most important zeta.

    q1faj0x03bdk.png

    This hangs just fine on D and autos everything but traya lead with double tank on O.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Jedi are not a strong arena team.


    I agree that Jedi aren’t meta, but that is mostly because they don’t hold on defense, but Jedi can be competitive in arena.

    1wx85ox52cht.png
    d6a8xm2q72zj.png

    Most impressive guys :)
  • The decision has been made...I gave my first zeta to Yoda lead...he needed a little speed boost but I managed to mod him better now...In 24 hour I fell only 100 places in the arena...which is much better than before.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Jedi are not a strong arena team.
    Clash2Far wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Jedi are not a strong arena team.

    GM Yoda's lead is necessary to use them as a phase one Sith raid team.

    In most cases, the leadership ability is the most important zeta on a team, though there are exceptions, like with Commander Luke, where It Binds All Things is probably his most important zeta.

    q1faj0x03bdk.png

    This hangs just fine on D and autos everything but traya lead with double tank on O.

    Nice! I don’t have aayla, it looks like I made need to gear her up
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Update:

    I've taken 1 several times with the reworked GMYoda.

    GMYoda
    Anakin
    Ezra
    GK
    HYoda

    It can still lose to Traya teams but I win WAY more than I lose. I have to have less than average RNG to lose, matter of fact.

    Just get you HYoda and GMYoda speed up around 260+ and you should be good (of course that's based on your enemies). I regularly get Anakin to hit 25k+ on his basic, and so far, I've gotten his AOE to hit EVERYONE for 39k.

    So yeah, the rework is epic on offense in Arena.

    Also, getting those Jedi up to Gear 12/12.5 does work in the hSith Raid. I've only used them in P2 but I got over a million damage. Not fantastic but definitely worthwhile.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I tried GK GMY HYoda Padawan Ahsoka and JC in P2 on T4. Lots and lots of mass assists.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Update:

    I've taken 1 several times with the reworked GMYoda.

    GMYoda
    Anakin
    Ezra
    GK
    HYoda

    It can still lose to Traya teams but I win WAY more than I lose. I have to have less than average RNG to lose, matter of fact.

    Just get you HYoda and GMYoda speed up around 260+ and you should be good (of course that's based on your enemies). I regularly get Anakin to hit 25k+ on his basic, and so far, I've gotten his AOE to hit EVERYONE for 39k.

    So yeah, the rework is epic on offense in Arena.

    Also, getting those Jedi up to Gear 12/12.5 does work in the hSith Raid. I've only used them in P2 but I got over a million damage. Not fantastic but definitely worthwhile.

    how did you get JKA to hit for 12.5 on basic. I have him at g12, no extra gear and just flat g12, and he hits like a wet noodle. I have gmy (g11) lead zeta, hy (no zeta), g12 ezra (no zeta), g11 qgj, and fully maxed g12 w/ zeta Visas and I could really survive past a few turns in P1 of SHR.

    ezra does not hit as hard as I thought he should (speed mods and cc sets) but gmy and visas hit hard. not sure if qgj is ideal but jka and GK are used in other squads for me

    does maxing jka g12 gear really help?
  • I’ve been having decent success in arena using grandmaster yoda lead (double zeta), hermit yoda (double zeta but still five star, kenobi, little ahsoka, and thrawn. It falls on defense, but is capable of beating most teams fairly easily on offense.

    Did some top 20 fights today and managed to eek out two wins against palpatine leading traya teams, which was a pleasant surprise
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Update:

    I've taken 1 several times with the reworked GMYoda.

    GMYoda
    Anakin
    Ezra
    GK
    HYoda

    It can still lose to Traya teams but I win WAY more than I lose. I have to have less than average RNG to lose, matter of fact.

    Just get you HYoda and GMYoda speed up around 260+ and you should be good (of course that's based on your enemies). I regularly get Anakin to hit 25k+ on his basic, and so far, I've gotten his AOE to hit EVERYONE for 39k.

    So yeah, the rework is epic on offense in Arena.

    Also, getting those Jedi up to Gear 12/12.5 does work in the hSith Raid. I've only used them in P2 but I got over a million damage. Not fantastic but definitely worthwhile.

    how did you get JKA to hit for 12.5 on basic. I have him at g12, no extra gear and just flat g12, and he hits like a wet noodle. I have gmy (g11) lead zeta, hy (no zeta), g12 ezra (no zeta), g11 qgj, and fully maxed g12 w/ zeta Visas and I could really survive past a few turns in P1 of SHR.

    ezra does not hit as hard as I thought he should (speed mods and cc sets) but gmy and visas hit hard. not sure if qgj is ideal but jka and GK are used in other squads for me

    does maxing jka g12 gear really help?

    You have to get yoda’s buffs flowing. Crit damage up, offense up, and defense penetration up are all crucial. So is grandmasters training from hermit.

    I can’t speak for using anakin yet, but with those buffs out there, I’ve seen little ahsoka critting on JTR and B.B.-8 for over 40k on basic and 60k on special

    Defense penetration up, in particular, I think is one of the best offensive buffs in the game
  • KKatarn
    588 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Update:

    I've taken 1 several times with the reworked GMYoda.

    GMYoda
    Anakin
    Ezra
    GK
    HYoda

    It can still lose to Traya teams but I win WAY more than I lose. I have to have less than average RNG to lose, matter of fact.

    Just get you HYoda and GMYoda speed up around 260+ and you should be good (of course that's based on your enemies). I regularly get Anakin to hit 25k+ on his basic, and so far, I've gotten his AOE to hit EVERYONE for 39k.

    So yeah, the rework is epic on offense in Arena.

    Also, getting those Jedi up to Gear 12/12.5 does work in the hSith Raid. I've only used them in P2 but I got over a million damage. Not fantastic but definitely worthwhile.
    What mods did you put on Anakin? O_o

Sign In or Register to comment.