Mace Windu + Grand Master Yoda rework combi idea

Ichiraikou
758 posts Member
edited June 2018
A little while ago I posted a problem i noticed with the light side fleet commanders and proposed an Admiral Ackbar rework idea. I also said I hadn't finished a Mace Windu rework yet. Now i have and I would once again like some feedback on it. Even combined it with a Grand Master Yoda rework. Due to the size of it I also attached the original word file to this post.
Mace Windu
Masterful Jedi Tank who owns the battlefield by inflicting multiple debuffs,
exploiting enemy Shatterpoints and becoming stronger as the battle goes on.
Invincible Assault (Basic)
Deal physical damage to target enemy. This attack has 25% chance each to inflict: Offence Down, Defence Down, Speed Down and Potency Down for 3 turns.
(Omega) If target enemy has Shatterpoint: Debuff chances are doubled and the effects can’t be resisted.
Smite (special) (cooldown: 4 turns)
Deal Special damage to target enemy and steal all buffs from them. For each buff obtained: Mace Windu recovers 5% of his Max Health. When Grand Master Yoda is present: Grand Master Yoda gains these buffs (excluding taunt), recovers 5% of his Max health for each buff obtained and is called to assist.
Shatterpoint (Special) (cooldown: 3 turns)
Inflict the Shatterpoint unique debuff for 3 turns on target enemy. With a 50% chance each to inflict Shatterpoint for 3 turns on other enemies. This attack can’t be evaded or resisted.
Shatterpoint: This unit can’t recover health or protection, can’t gain Health Up and can’t gain bonus (Max) health or Protection. Can’t be dispelled.
(Omega) If an enemy already has Shatterpoint. The effect of this attack chances to: increasing the duration of Shatterpoint by 3 turns (chances remain the same).
Grand Master’s Presence (Leader)
Jedi allies get 50% potency and 25% critical chance.
(Zeta) When a Jedi ally deals damage to an enemy with Shatterpoint: They remove Turn Meter equal to half their Potency percentage.
Vaapad (Unique)
When Mace Windu gets Stealth, he dispels it from himself and gains Taunt for 2 turns instead.
When Mace Windu gets Foresight, he dispels it from himself and inflicts Shatterpoint for 1 turn on a random enemy who doesn’t have it yet. This effect can’t be evaded or resisted.
When Mace Windu deals damage to an enemy with Shatterpoint:
he gains 10% Offence (stacking)
When Mace Windu takes damage from an enemy with Shatterpoint:
He gains 10% Defence (stacking)
All these effects stack up to a maximum of 100% and last until the end of the encounter or until Mace Windu is defeated.
(Zeta) When Mace Windu deals damage to an enemy with Shatterpoint:
he gains 10% Critical Damage (stacking)
When Mace Windu takes damage from an enemy with Shatterpoint:
He gains 10% Critical Avoidance (stacking)
When Mace Windu gets foresight: If all enemies have Shatterpoint: Extend the duration of Shatterpoint on a random enemy by 1 turn. This effect can’t be evaded or resisted.
Grand Master Yoda
Masterful Jedi Support that can steal enemy buffs, share them with allies
and controls the flow of battle when teamed up with Mace Windu.
Ataru (Basic)
Deal physical damage to target enemy. If that enemy has more than 50% health, Grand Master Yoda gains 40% Turn Meter and Foresight for 2 turns.
(Omega) If Mace Windu is present and Grand Master Yoda already has Foresight:
Grand Foresight to Mace Windu for 1 turn.
Masterstroke (Special) (Cooldown: 3 turns)
Deal Special damage to all enemies and steal all buffs from all enemies (excluding Taunt). For each buff obtained: Grand Master Yoda recovers 5% of his Max Protection.
When Mace Windu is present: Mace Windu gains these buffs and recovers 5% of his Max Protection for each buff obtained.
Unstoppable Force (Special) (Cooldown: 4 turns)
Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove 40% turn meter. If that enemy has less than 100% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn. When Mace Windu is present: He is called to assist.
(Omega) When Mace Windu is present: If Target has more than 0% Protection, Mace Windu inflicts Ability Block on them for 2 turn.
Battle Meditation (Special) (Cooldown: 5 turns)
Grand Master Yoda gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns, then grants each ally every non-unique buff he has (excluding Stealth and Taunt) for 2 turns. When Mace Windu is present: Grand Master Yoda also gains and grants Stealth for 2 turns.
(Zeta) Cooldown -1, gain Foresight for 2 turns and When Mace Windu is present: Reduce Mace Windu’s cooldowns by 1 turn.
Grand Master’s Guidance (Leader)
Jedi allies gain 25% Critical Chance, 25% Tenacity, and gain 25% Turn Meter whenever they resist a debuff.
(Zeta) +5% Tenacity, +5% Turn Meter Gain And Whenever a Jedi ally suffers a debuff they Gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn at the end of that turn.

Notes:

For the amount of Shatterpoints. Mace Windu is a tank: He is slow. He wont be able to keep up with most other characters in the game. Thus keeping Shatterpoint on the other teams is going to be much more challenging than it appears at first glance. This is why Yoda’s Battle mediation decreases Mace’s cooldowns and Mace inflict + extends Shatterpoint when he gets Foresight. Without those it would be near impossible.

The Shatterpoint (special) has 100% chance to inflict Shatterpoint on main target and 50% chance each to inflict it on other characters (each enemy has 50% chance). Wasn’t sure if that was clear enough.

Post edited by Ichiraikou on

Replies

• Options
    @Ichiraikou ,

First off, I like these ideas. I'm pretty sure CG is already developing their own reworks for these two, but you've got some good ideas nevertheless. I particularly like the more tank-like aspects of Windu, and the Vaapad bonuses from Shatterpoint.

However, my (constructive) criticism would be that although I understand what you are trying to do with Windu taunting instead of gaining stealth, in conjunction with GM Yoda, an inability to gain stealth can often be a disadvantage, especially if Windu needs protecting at low health. Perhaps he could taunt during the turns of enemies with shatterpoint? Like Sion? Although that might be a bit of a copy...

Also, shatterpoint is a bit weird for a unique debuff; it's a bit underpowered, especially compared to others like armour shred and fracture. My suggestions for improvement would be:
    • Add "cannot be cleansed" to its effects
    • This is my own variant, completely different: cannot recover health or protection, cannot gain bonus protection, cannot gain max health or protection.

Finally, although I think the synergy between them is very cool, and well thought out, it is not much reflected in the movies and Clone Wars. They work together, but are not buddies, like wedge and Biggs or Chirrut and Baze.

Oh yeah, and Windu's leadership is still pretty bad (though better than what he has right now. Ugh!)

But overall, these are small qualms with a balanced, interesting, well-thought-out rework idea.