Rebels Basic Training Event

Has anyone got any tips to beat Tier III and help me get this checked off of my quests. I've battled over a dozen times, now, and can't take more than two enemies off the board. So far, the only thing it's training me to do is to not use these rebels in squad arena. Thanks.

(The search feature isn't working in my browser, so if this has already been covered in another post, I apologize.)

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Well what strats are you trying? I remember it taking two attempts and using Han and CLS for that TMR was crucial

I believe I went for EP and TFP first, but I don't really remember.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Its posted many times, but here is how to do it. This is not a "nuke" exercise. It is a control exercise. Its actually a very good teaching tool.

The ONLY person you should be using to focus fire with is Leia. Everyone else needs to use their abilities to reduce Turn Meter, Stun, Slow, and Buff block. Stun Vader and Palp. Focus on Palp with Leia. Ability block or stun and use Hans basic and CLS special to keep the Stormtroopers from Taunting. Stun thrawn if you can but if he fractures Old ben its fine.

Done properly Palp and Vader will never get to move and the Storms will never get to taunt. Ignore Tie Pilot as he wil kill himeslf with his AOE.

• Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    This is not a "nuke" exercise. It is a control exercise..

That's probably my issue. I'm not far enough into the game to have CLS and haven't opened R2, yet, so I'm not too familiar with these characters and they come off as kind of weak, in terms of firepower, relative to their Empire counterparts. I'll study their abilities a little closer and try to implement the aforementioned strategy.

Thank you for the replies, and sorry again for the redundancy.
  • Options
    I finally realized what I was doing wrong:

I'm relatively new to the game and my unfamiliarity with the stun ability had me ignorant to the fact that stun resets turn meter (embarrassing, I know). I was wasting Han's basic and CLS's special knocking turn meter off of characters that were already stunned. Once I figured that out, it took one attempt. Old Ben didn't make it, but he never does...

The lesson: Learn your characters' abilities thoroughly!!!