Donating Gear in Guilds

JohnLove11
153 posts Member
edited June 2018
Hey, Ive recently joined a guild and I can donate gear, but nearly all the gear I can donate to other guild members I need for the heroes I am trying to improve myself. I get that you are helping guild members improve their heroes and improving the guild etc but do you receive any tangible rewards for donating gear? I don't want to be selfish but if I donate all the gear I need myself then Its going to take me ages to level up my heroes. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    The members of your guild need gear for their characters too. It works because people share. That way when you need a specific item you can get a boost.
    And when someone else does you can help them. You don’t have to give out everything you have.

You are free to not ask for nor donate any gear.

You are also free to ask all the time and never give back, but since you don’t want to be selfish :smile:
  • Options
    JohnAran wrote: »
    The members of your guild need gear for their characters too. It works because people share. That way when you need a specific item you can get a boost.
    And when someone else does you can help them. You don’t have to give out everything you have.

You are free to not ask for nor donate any gear.

You are also free to ask all the time and never give back, but since you don’t want to be selfish :smile:

I know they need gear as well so I try to help out now and again, I was just enquiring to see if there was any other reward for doing so or if it was more of a morals thing. Like in Clash Royale every time you donate you get gold etc. The guild I just joined are very active and friendly so I don't have a problem helping them out, but in the past I've joined random guilds where I've donated a lot and not got much back in return.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    For me the secret to donations is to ask for gear that I as a newer player need but older players always have 100s spare.

If you are asking for rare thats actually rare dont expect to get it unless people recognise your name from donating gear thats actually rare to them.
  • Options
    There is an achievement for giving donations, I don't remember what the rewards are for it though, probably like 25 crystals some credits and a piece of mid-level salvage. But to answer your question, no you do not get rewards for donating.
  • Options
    I just go by "do I need this now and how hard is it to replace?" .

You'll find very popular to ask for items are often Mk V droid callers and stun guns. Everybody wants them not everybody can get them.

MK VI hypo syringes are another nuisance I need about 300 of them so far. They are challenge gear but 50 per piece is beyond a weeks worth of challenges and not worth the farm anywhere else as MK III holo projectors are a persistent nuisance.

There is an achievement and a quest related to donations but it isn't much. So if you can't spare a bit of gear don't give it away. Everybody will understand.

Whales likely have more gear than they have brain cells (not bank roll though) so if you have some in your guild it may be worth requesting some higher end gear.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    I only donate gear I know I can spare, but I try to be as generous as possible. If I don't need it for a while and can replace it before I need it, I'll donate it. I try to do at least 1-2 donations a day, and I buy gear with credits in Shipments that I don't necessarily need so I can donate it. If I request something rare, I usually get it, because I've helped most people out. I never request gear that I'm unwilling to donate, like Mk 5 Stun Guns. I try to ask for more common gear so I don't burden my guildies. And I don't donate to people who don't donate gear themselves - I don't think it's fair to ask for stuff but never give back.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I'm one of the top daily donators in my guild..... It comes in handy when you need something down the line, especially when you are gearing LVL 10, 11 and 12.....

I find people in my guild recognize how much I donate, I can be the fifth person to ask for.the same gear piece and get my request filled before folks that asked for it before me...
  • Options
    I'm closing in on 5k donations (few hundo left to go) and has not hampered my roster in the least bit.