Server Update 6/18/2018 [MEGA]

13Next

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    The amount of people that don’t understand what’s actually happening in the post is beyond amazing. So many people jumping to conclusions. The wildest part of this to me is people that were doing this exact thing for rancor 1.5 years ago are the same who are acting like this is a catastrophe (and that’s more in other public spaces).

Here’s what happened pre and post tu12, just to clear the confusion:

Pre TU12:
    There was a cap in place. Players could get 1 or 2 extra heroics in before they were capped after two raids. Once you hit the limit, you’d always be reward locked after two raids in a week (unless you missed a raid, then you could do 3 the next week, still an average of two per week). There was still a way to maximize shards guild wide, and that will continue for some guilds post “fix”. But that’s more of a result of a lot of work and coordination in your guild, and the uneven shards granted in rewards (which was a backwards step compared to HAAT).

Post TU12:
    The cap was gone. Or at least was so high that you likely couldn’t hit it. So the only period of time that players could super farm was since the ships update. This hasn’t been going on for months. 3-4 weeks at most. This wasn’t a secret either. It was well known and talked about on several public forums.

Again, it is absolutely kittening hilarious that people that I KNOW hopped guilds every day for the rancor have been and currently are complaining about people hopping for the sith raid.

It’s also funny to me that players that haven’t completed one heroic are in this thread complaining about guilds running heroic. Guess what? We aren’t all whale and kraken guilds. What you guys should be doing is giving actionable feedback about the lower tiers of the raid. Stuff like:

1) in t5 and below, the protection regen mechanic in p1 is burning players out on the raid. There would more enthusiasm if this was removed.

2) HP totals in tiers 1-6 are at least 33-50% too high, especially t6. By the time you can run a t6 and not cap on tickets, you’re more than ready for heroic - that is not the type of step progression that is healthy for multiple tiers of raids. Also, a guild that can clear heroic in an hour REQUIRES a reset to clear a t6 (that’s a huge problem and design flaw).

3) The 5 team daily limit doesn’t allow players to utilize their roster, and stifles creativity with comps far more than jtr did or currently does. Remove the cap for t1-6.

4) The expose nerf actually hurt guilds running t1-6 far, far more than heroic guilds because of the inflated health pools in t1-6. Again another reason to lower the t1-6 health pools.

But no, most of you just want to complain about something that doesn’t affect you, and then your feedback is “I hate this plz nerf”.

There’s an entire thread about that stuff brudda. Unfortunately it’s gone ignored since Memorial Day weekend.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Pretty obvious. CG waited until the massive spenders all unlocked Traya, then patched this exploit. Which is really ironic considering their entire basis for nerfing the HSith rewards was that they were supposedly concerned about the "gap" between F2P and P2P players widening.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I don't think there's any need to punish people, but by shutting down the loophole they're killing the ability of competitive players trying to unlock traya from competing in the arena. So they're basically punishing players who adhered to the spirit of the game while giving rewards out to people who didn't. Seems counter intuitive. At the very least they could put out some extra rewards to help the players who got c-blocked.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing about mercing has anything to do with how much you spend in this game lol.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Pretty obvious. CG waited until the massive spenders all unlocked Traya, then patched this exploit. Which is really ironic considering their entire basis for nerfing the HSith rewards was that they were supposedly concerned about the "gap" between F2P and P2P players widening.

Also, this decision puzzles me. They fixed Nutini in less than 2 days (on a weekend), and have made multiple fixes in several hours (ones that affected their bottom line of course). You'd think
    pac0naut wrote: »
    "The raid reward limit per person cannot be violated. But was set higher than one can achieve while in a single guild.

That is the system they set in place, the limited the abuse to what they deem as an acceptable limit and allow those that want to go through the extra effort a reward for doing so. At least that's how I see it."

Hey @Kyno - how's that extra reward going?

BW3KLWl.jpg
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    So here is the thing, do we think the big players go down to lower guilds out of the kindness of their heart? NO they go to get top 3 spots because they can't do it in their guild, like this they get extra traya shards and extra G12,

the lower guilds have to be pretty close but instead of waiting 2 weeks they get help out of biger mates similar to PVP, now the issue here is that 50 people will be closer to the next PVP step OVER their shardmates that don't engage in this activity

So ? this is the very definition of cheating - geting traya first on a new PVP shard would be murder, even by 2 weeks

1.So ? what to do? -Punish the exploiters/cheaters - simply manually calculate their overall guild (real guild) and remove everything down to that, then do the same for the guild just to send a message, how many people did this?

2. allow 3 raids per week, and alow rewards on 1 jump but if you jump back to previous guild = No rewards for 1 week, and if you join a HSTR in the second guild and get rewards = no rewards for a week when you jump again - it's really not hard, whatever you get out of exploits you will lose on jump back, and if you wait the week you will lose on TB/TW score

it's such a bad game etiquette to double traya shards by hoping and G12 then say "we're helping" it's such a double standard - is it cheating? if I get double rewards for the same lvl of effort then jump back and get a new reward again - Why is there no crackdown on these players that are trying to mess up the comunity just so they can be a bit ahead? at least do something small to them IDK

There was a cheating post on thrawn where the guy cheated and got his thrawn removed, why there and not here? what's the difference? a bunch of players got like 1 extra star on traya and they worked hard to bypass the system why not consequences?
  • Options
    Sounds like CG is getting its own Cambridge Analytica scandal going.

1) hot fixed in progress LSTB, something that has been claimed undoable since launch
    2) suddenly can’t hot fix IPD issue for thousands of players in DSTB
    3) called out on GS12”plus” gear by player base and shown how the speed boost will affect all players in Arena giving an even greater advantage to top players in both Arena and Fleet
    4) poor and almost non-existent communication with player base
    5) Traya given to top players and suddenly it’s an issue when non-top players started farming her guild hoping.
    6) ships debacle
    7) more bugs in the game than a Looney Tunes cartoon
    8) WAI lowered drop % rate of zeta mats from new ship challenge and salvage challenge gives on average 3 carbonti.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    So here is the thing, do we think the big players go down to lower guilds out of the kindness of their heart? NO they go to get top 3 spots because they can't do it in their guild, like this they get extra traya shards and extra G12,

the lower guilds have to be pretty close but instead of waiting 2 weeks they get help out of biger mates similar to PVP, now the issue here is that 50 people will be closer to the next PVP step OVER their shardmates that don't engage in this activity

So ? this is the very definition of cheating - geting traya first on a new PVP shard would be murder, even by 2 weeks

1.So ? what to do? -Punish the exploiters/cheaters - simply manually calculate their overall guild (real guild) and remove everything down to that, then do the same for the guild just to send a message, how many people did this?

2. allow 3 raids per week, and alow rewards on 1 jump but if you jump back to previous guild = No rewards for 1 week, and if you join a HSTR in the second guild and get rewards = no rewards for a week when you jump again - it's really not hard, whatever you get out of exploits you will lose on jump back, and if you wait the week you will lose on TB/TW score

it's such a bad game etiquette to double traya shards by hoping and G12 then say "we're helping" it's such a double standard - is it cheating? if I get double rewards for the same lvl of effort then jump back and get a new reward again - Why is there no crackdown on these players that are trying to mess up the comunity just so they can be a bit ahead? at least do something small to them IDK

There was a cheating post on thrawn where the guy cheated and got his thrawn removed, why there and not here? what's the difference? a bunch of players got like 1 extra star on traya and they worked hard to bypass the system why not consequences?

A few comments on this:

1. I know of many mercs who actually do go on merc jobs "out of the kindness of their heart". I happen to be one of them. You can go around through an assortment of discord servers and many guilds will tell you about mercs like me who have helped beat raids for weaker guilds, while locked out of rewards for the week.

2. Mercing is not cheating. People need to understand, no one is getting double rewards for mercing. Aside for the past couple of weeks when the cap was seemingly broken, every merc I was in contact with would be reward locked at some point during the week. In other words, the number of raids you could get rewards from in a given week has always been limited. Mercs are simply people that are willing to put in additional time and effort to both maximize their weekly rewards, and also help out weaker guilds. People do not have the right to complain about players who unlock traya faster through mercing, as they had the ability to do exactly the same thing, but were not willing to spend the extra time and effort required. Why should people be punished for working within an existing system to maximize rewards, when everyone had the ability to do the same?