Resistance team composition

Hi all.

As I’ve managed to get JTR, I’m now trying to make a solid resistance team to use in raids and TW. At the moment it includes JTR (lead with zeta), BB8, Rey scavenger, Finn and Poe. I’m not going to use them in arena, for I have a good EP squad already.

However Finn and Poe seem to underperform and I’m thinking about swapping them for someone else.

What would you advise? Which characters fit best under JTR?

Replies

• WB50
    55 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve had most success with Rey, BB8, R2, Holdo and Resistance Trooper, I can beat any team with this including Traya lead, EP lead with or without Traya. Have found Rose does fine in this team as well
  • Options
    Rey, Rey, BB8, RT, R2
  • Options
    Do you have R2? He is kind of the 3rd wheel for Rey and bb8.

For raids, you definitely want to to drop Finn and Poe for resistance trooper and R2

I use Rey in arena, with bb8, R2, Poe, and Finn, and can generally finish top 10 in a December ‘15 shard. But I am working towards dropping Poe and Finn for some combination of Wampa/nest/holdo/Nihilus/thrawn to give them a lttile more holding power on defense.
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance Trooper does much better than Scav due to his TM gain on expose.

• Options
    Thanks everyone. I have R2 (7* g10), so I think I should concentrate on farming RT.
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    WB50 wrote: »
    I’ve had most success with Rey, BB8, R2, Holdo and Resistance Trooper, I can beat any team with this including Traya lead, EP lead with or without Traya. Have found Rose does fine in this team as well

Nice to some positive feedback on Holdo and Rose, I have heard so much negative responsed about them. Working on farming both but I am especially keen on trying out Holdo with that resistance team constellation.
  • Options
    I'm really happy with Rose and Holdo on that team. I lose a lot in defense, but Holdo is only G11 6 star at this point and I can beat just about any team out there with decent RNG. Many many times I was convinced that I'd lost only to find that Holdo was sucking up all the attacks and I could stun people pretty much with impunity with Rose (or gobble up their turn meter and give Holdo more defense), leaving it just a matter of time before BB8 does its thing and then I just win.

Not the best best possible team, perhaps, but it's gotten me into the top ten a few times for payout.
  • Options
    Sorry, I know this thread went dead, but it's on topic for what I'm looking for and raises a question. I always thought the traditional (which is not to say it's the best) mentality was zFinn lead, Poe, RT, Scav Rey, BB8. That's what I've been using, especially after investing so much into that team. And to say 'drop Finn and Poe on raids,' why? . Using them on tank raids, Poe exposes all the canons, you topple it, and then just lay into it. It works very well. So I don't know if I'm missing something, or someone else is missing something, or we've just found a couple different line-ups that work just as well, but I'd love to see if anyone can shed a little light, as my Resistance toons are almost fully maxed, so looking for who to develop next, but don't want to just dump more into another Resistance toon if it isn't going to add to anything. I have another zeta coming up soon, and thinking giving it to Kylo, but I know R2 gets talked about a lot, I just don't know where I'd really use him right now in a top team. Thanks for any input.
  • Options
    I can't speak to arena because I run a Palp team, but for HAAT phase 2 both a zFinn team and a RJT team will do well. I found, however, that the RJT team with BB*, R2, Scav Rey, and RT is much more consistent because the exposes from her leader ability cannot be resisted and give everyone turn meter. I haven't done an analysis as to exactly why it works out, but I found I might have to restart several times with zFinn to do more damage than a RJT run without restarting. If I'm lucky and can retreat both BB8 and RT, then I can run both teams.
  • Options
    For TW, zJTR BB R2 Rey Holdo + zFinn Poe RT RP Nest.