5 Hard node rewards

Prev1
anyone unlocked these yet, have everything 3-starred to 5-B normal because of lack of energy

Replies

• Options
    Zetas for first time completion
  • Mojo_1
    54 posts Member
    Options
    The first time completions give you a Zeta Mat on each, after that there's just some random gear, and a chance at 1 of each of the ship ability materials.
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Options
    no ship shards tho?
  • Mojo_1
    54 posts Member
    Options
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Options
    4-d it is then lol
  • Vernal
    39 posts Member
    Options
    What ships are available on the hard nodes on sections 1-4 of the new table?
    Name in game is Gernak ally code is 977-346-924
  • diangelo
    105 posts Member
    Options
    There are ship shards.
  • diangelo
    105 posts Member
    Options
    According to Reddit:

Battle Shard
    1A Clone Sgt's Arc
    1C Tie Fighter
    1E Res. X-Wing
    2A Sun Fac's Starfighter
    2B Slave 1
    2C Bistan's U-WIng
    3A Poe's X-Wing
    3B Umbaran Starfighter
    3D Scimitar
    4A Gauntlet Starfighter
    4B Tie Advanced X1
    4D Darth Sion
  • Nori703
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Love the rewards - especially Sion!
  • Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    Options
    I think we can all expect new toons to go to the empty nodes on Stage 5. It will make grinding much harder for many people.
  • Options
    Think they have left themselves room for new ships to come out, I personally expect the lando falcon to go in there somewhere.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    no ship shards tho?

Not yet. All the blank spaces are for Taylor Swift will get filled as new ships are added to the game.

Hopefully we also get new ships in the Fleet store, though...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    no ship shards tho?

Not yet. All the blank spaces are for Taylor Swift will get filled as new ships are added to the game.

Hopefully we also get new ships in the Fleet store, though...

Lol
  • Options
    5e norm is way too hard
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    5e norm is way too hard

Both the level 5 boards presume you have a full fleet of 7*, level 85 ships with nearly-maxed pilots and omega ship abilities. We're not there yet, is all.

I say "nearly-maxed" pilots because the only pilot I have at g12 is Poe and Ackbar (and Finn, but I don't use Millennium Falcon because it's damage is and always has been blegh) and a handful of 11s, but most are 10. All that said, I was able to make it through 5-D with 3* on the first try of each, but can't get past 5-E yet. As I said, we're just not there yet as far as abilities are concerned. No worries, sim the nodes you have already for gear, then use that gear to upgrade your pilots, then use those pilots to crack the nodes you can't get past yet.

It's a positive ouroborous.
  • Options
    Agree with Nic 100%. This made it easy to get ship shards and mats and free Sion shards.

What formula of ships are others using for Sion’s node. Biggs is my only casualty every time because of Thrawn’s ultimate and I 2 Star it every time. Starting to become annoying.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Never seen one ship Omega drop from the nodes that include them as rewards, as rare as Ability Material Omega.
  • Options
    That energy refreshes so darn slow
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    That energy refreshes so darn slow

That’s my main issue. 5 energy an hour? 120 energy a day? Yeeeesh
  • TVF
    36622 posts Member
    Options
    It's exactly the same as cantina. But the complaining continues...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I think the main reason people complain about the speed of the energy is the price difference. In cantina its a maximum of 16 where as the majority of them in fleet are 20 so it feels like you get a lot less out of it.

Obviously they didnt want to go too nuts otherwise you would have people finishing all the farms quickly and then be complaining they had nothing left to do on the table.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Cantina has unlimited atttempts though

When more toons go ship farmable a lot of people will start to realize that its a much much longer farm than LS/DS nodes

1. Energy refreshes are more costly so you can't refresh a node as easily as LS/DS
    2. Energy gain is as slow as Cantina
    3. # of attempts are less than Cantina

Those 5 attempts and 20 energy node just pretty much makes it a very very long farm if the toon is exclusive to these nodes. If the energy gain and crystal price was same as cantina they might as well made it unlimited attempts honestly

They took the most grind heavy portion of both PvEs and combined it into fleet PvE
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

every node in cantina gives out shards..........ships does't. and the ignorance continues..........

No node in cantina gives out gear, what's your point?

Different boards for different goals.
  • TVF
    36622 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I didn't realize there's an attempt limit.

Energy rate is the same though so you're just getting 5 chances at extra whatever a day per node. Better than before when it was zero a day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CallidusThorn
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

True. But while the energy refreshes at the same rate as cantina energy, the ships table mimics the LS/DS table in format.With this setup we get the worst of both worlds: The slow energy gain and higher refresh cost of Cantina energy, combined with the normal/hard mode split (and the additional farming priority choices that entails) and higher energy costs of the LS/DS nodes.

And that's only amplified when you take ship omegas and reinforcement materials into consideration, given their scarcity, significance, and the numbers of them required
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

True. But while the energy refreshes at the same rate as cantina energy, the ships table mimics the LS/DS table in format.With this setup we get the worst of both worlds: The slow energy gain and higher refresh cost of Cantina energy, combined with the normal/hard mode split (and the additional farming priority choices that entails) and higher energy costs of the LS/DS nodes.

And that's only amplified when you take ship omegas and reinforcement materials into consideration, given their scarcity and significance

To be fair, though, this only applies to hard nodes. Farming regular nodes for gear is just bonus gear per day. I'm getting an extra 16.5 shots at stun cuffs or bacta gels per day for free, and that's a huge improvement considering before I would spend 160 of the 310 (355 if I got all three bonus rewards, which wasn't always possible with my old job) on Rose and Holdo--more if I was doing two higher-cost farms.

I used to only refresh on Cantina energy, once a day, to speed up farming. Now I'm saving all crystals for full raid gear because I'm so backlogged on certain teams and it's the current bottleneck, so this has become a huge windfall.
  • CallidusThorn
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

And that's only amplified when you take ship omegas and reinforcement materials into consideration, given their scarcity and significance

To be fair, though, this only applies to hard nodes. Farming regular nodes for gear is just bonus gear per day. I'm getting an extra 16.5 shots at stun cuffs or bacta gels per day for free, and that's a huge improvement considering before I would spend 160 of the 310 (355 if I got all three bonus rewards, which wasn't always possible with my old job) on Rose and Holdo--more if I was doing two higher-cost farms.

I used to only refresh on Cantina energy, once a day, to speed up farming. Now I'm saving all crystals for full raid gear because I'm so backlogged on certain teams and it's the current bottleneck, so this has become a huge windfall.

I'd hardly call it "fair" to dismiss half the table because you don't use it.

We're even saddled with the five attempts a day limit on the hard nodes. So if you want to try speeding up your farm of Slave 1, Scimitar, or TIE Advanced (all of which share the same fleet store slot, let's not forget), you either pay 150 crystals a day for the extra battles, or you're stuck burning up the bulk of your energy for the day on a single target.

The fleet table is no different from the LD/DS table in terms of format, except for having fewer tiers. So why should the energy for it not follow the same format?