Struggling in Arena, Rebels or Empire?

BobaHozz
9 posts Member
edited June 2018
I am a FTP player, first time posting on this forum. I am just looking at some advice for my arena squad. I am level 83 and do not find any problems finishing GW every day and finishing top 30 in fleet arena, however I really struggle to break in to the top 1000 of the squad arena (usually float around 1500-1200).

I run AA (L) Lvl 73 G8, Lando lvl 75 G8, Biggs lvl 74 G8, STH lvl 72 G8 and KRU lvl 82 G8. I will post my collection below, not sure whether i should switch up my team as i am struggling with more and more teams. Please look at my collection and tell me what the best team to run would be. Not sure on my exact shard age but i would say 5-6 months, mostly coming up against Phoneix or Nightsister teams with Empire/Sith here and there.

I have 4mil credits to put levels up and gear available to get some characters up to G9 but dont want to waste it on this team if i end up switching. Also i appreciate my mods arent great but been pumping all my cantina energy in to farming characters for the legendary events so havent had the chance to do any real mod farming.

https://swgoh.gg/u/bobahozz/collection/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I would go FO since it seems you appreciate them. Use KRU as lead, FOST, FOTP, FOX, Kylo.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    I would go FO since it seems you appreciate them. Use KRU as lead, FOST, FOTP, FOX, Kylo.

Thanks for the reply! To be honest apart from KRU who I love I only farmed FO to seven star BB8. I was under the impression FO werent a great faction to run in the arena? I kind of want to keep KRU in my team regardless. Do you you think that FO team would be better than say Palp (L) Vader KRU and then two of either TFP RG ST GMT. Currently working on seven starring RG for the R2 event coming up
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Wedge lead, Biggs, Leia, Old Ben and Lando.

Work on Empire behind the scenes (EP lead, Vader, Moff, RG and TFP) to get R2. When you get him, replace Lando with him :smile:

And then...get working towards CLS.
  • Options
    Wedge lead, Biggs, Leia, Old Ben and Lando.

Work on Empire behind the scenes (EP lead, Vader, Moff, RG and TFP) to get R2. When you get him, replace Lando with him :smile:

And then...get working towards CLS.

Thanks for the advice! That is my plan to work towards CLS. Only having EP at 6 star I am worried I wont have enough to get R2 at 7 Star (will be running Moff (L) Vader TFP RG ST for this upcoming event), and on my current arena rank(getting 300 tokens a day plus 200 from daily activities) I estimate I will get Leia on the last day of CLS event anyway that is coming up so unfortunately think I am going to miss out this time round.

Is Wedge viable in the arena at the 5 stars ive currently got him at if i gear him up? Using so much cantina energy to farm Farmboy Luke for CLS, need the phoneix lot for Thrawn and currently RG for R2. I know Wedge will be vital for finally 7 starring EP when it comes round again but I am trying to hold off farming his shards until I absolutley need to. Thanks again for your advice
  • Options
    BobaHozz wrote: »
    Is Wedge viable in the arena at the 5 stars ive currently got him at if i gear him up?

Gear more important that stars, generally. 5 is fine if high geared. With Biggs and Leia - serious kill squad.

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Thanks for the reply! To be honest apart from KRU who I love I only farmed FO to seven star BB8. I was under the impression FO werent a great faction to run in the arena? I kind of want to keep KRU in my team regardless. Do you you think that FO team would be better than say Palp (L) Vader KRU and then two of either TFP RG ST GMT. Currently working on seven starring RG for the R2 event coming up

As said @CoastalJames Wiggs will be good at your level. I use them to easy win against Phoenix in TW. Full FO is also very good on offense, also against NS, but they would need more zetas (KRU, FOST, FOTP at least) to correctly work. Now, it's a personal opinion since I really like their gameplay.
    For now, Empire/Siths are good, but who knows who'll be good in some months/weeks.
  • BobaHozz
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for the advice. Guess i will get started gearing Wedge and Leia and put KRU on the backburner for now

• Options
    Thanks to both of you for the advice. Guess i will get started gearing Wedge and Leia and put KRU on the backburner for now

Makes sense really...you need an old school Rebel team to get CLS...and in developing them, with Wiggs, you'll get a good Arena team too.

Worry about FO later, once you've got CLS and are then targetting JTR.
  • BobaHozz
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I have got BB8 already so not really worried about FO, will probably leave them to rot unless they become meta.
    I know obviously reworks happen and metas change, but at the moment is a CLS rebel team better or a JTR resistance team? Also which event is easier in anyones opinion? Just I know i have enough to 6* R2 next week but if i cant 7* him then im going to miss out on CLS and at the moment feel like i am spreading resources too thin and missing out on everyone. Would it be best to just start on the vets, Finn and Rey to make sure I am fully prepared for JTR next time or keep on spreading resources as I am across the rebels for EP and R2, phoenix for Thrawn etc.
    Also in terms of Mods for the Rebel team you suggested. Guessing just speed secondaries as is always recommended?
    Sorry for all the questions, the help is really appreciated :)
    Post edited by BobaHozz on