Well done

Prev13
wallismaster
73 posts Member
edited June 2018
You guys come under a lot of stick, some completely just and some completely unfair. However I would just like to say great work on all the individual events! Always something to play for which is good. I like the fact that some are extremely difficult as it makes you adapt approach and tinker on team make-up.

Kudos!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    I wanna add that whoever designed the fleet PvE table deserves a huge pat on the back, a high five or employee of the week!

The Coruscant background is stunning!

Also, still ploughing through but adding Sion in there was a nice touch.

Credit where credit is due! :smiley:
  • Options
    ^^ yea visually the ship table nodes are great.
    If you’re feeling frustrated just know that our ship abilities are not maxed out yet but they will be. Just takes time.
  • Zzyymm
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You guys come under a lot of stick, some completely just and some completely unfair. However I would just like to say great work on all the individual events! Always something to play for which is good. I like the fact that some are extremely difficult as it makes you adapt approach and tinker on team make-up.

Kudos!

Thank you for this. Too often I see only complaints. It's nice to see appreciation for people that are working hard on a terrific game that so many of us truly enjoy.
  • Options
    I spent a bit of time last night playing the ships PVE table. I didn't get far, but I like that the energy bonus isn't at the same time as the others. Thanks!!
  • Options
    Agreed. Mythic events have long been my favorite addition to the game and I'm super stoked for the GMY Training Mythic. Even the event art is dope. Both the PvE board and the combat is visually stunning.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I loved the artwork here and I'm sure once I get my ships maxed out it will be amazing
  • Options
    It's not bad at all. It'll make a nice practice area for any new ship ideas I get and when I've fully developed my final team. That's a long way off, much like ground teams.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    Very impressed with the background art especially corusant , can a dev relay the message to who ever does the art?
  • Options
    There was another background that was awesome too, concord dawn.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I am enjoying the ship table, for sure
  • Options
    It's a great game and I have no doubt that the team work very hard on making it great, and then making it even better.

It gives me a lot of pleasure - and I thank them for that.

And to echo what others have said - some of the new ship battle backgrounds are just stunning. Great stuff!
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Options
    I agree... some great content... well.. lots of great content. The mythics are a good chess-style challenge. The new ships PVP table is interesting play and livened up ships for a bit. The Sith Raid is a new HAAT-style challenge for me and my guildmates to work towards. All good stuff... keep it up peeps.
    We can accept the occassional bug.... especially when its recognised... we're informed... and its dealt with quickly like the devs have been doin.
  • Options
    Yep, the visual art really looked nice, especially Concord Dawn and Coruscant. Game play was fun and challenging for sone of the battles. Looking forward tk added levels.
  • Options
    It's a great game and I have no doubt that the team work very hard on making it great, and then making it even better.

And to echo what others have said - some of the new ship battle backgrounds are just stunning. Great stuff!

is 5E working as intended? my AA cap ship, which is faster than the ship they use there, just sits there as the other team goes, and it's cap ship moves TWICE before my completely maxed out ship/crew moves at all
  • Options
    Yeah, am a huge critic of ships 2.0, STR, and how they've been handled but the fleet PVE table is pretty great.

Have really enjoyed it, thanks.
  • WeaponXLVII
    51 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

is 5E working as intended? my AA cap ship, which is faster than the ship they use there, just sits there as the other team goes, and it's cap ship moves TWICE before my completely maxed out ship/crew moves at all

If 5E is giving you a headache the last one will really make you mad haha
  • Options
    that's how mine is working too. How is it that the capital ship is the first ship that gets to attack even before the fighters?
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @Hydracarbon, @mwilson7

Start with Tie Advanced in your linup and a way to protect him (like Biggs). Get Biggs to die, call in Scimitar, put retribution on Tie Advanced, then let those super speed TIE's get countered to death by Tie Advanced. Home One lead works pretty well for this, since Vader will gain protection on each counter.

So long as Biggs is the only ship you lose, easy 3*.
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    But back on subject of credit where it is due, the fleet art is definitely amazing (Concord Dawn is my favorite). Also, putting omega and reinforcement ability mats as first time rewards was excellent.

My Top 50 fleet shard immidiately diversified from everyone running the same fleet to maybe 6-8 variations. Each battle is a little different because most people opted for different reinforcement abilities. Fleet arena is finally interesting again, and I am actually liking 2.0 better than the original.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    If you’re feeling frustrated just know that our ship abilities are not maxed out yet but they will be. Just takes time.

5-C might be the single most lovely node in the history of the game.

But, yeah, abilities aren't maxed yet and I'm fine not being able to get past 5-E because of that. Abilities sure were sped up, though, with all the free omegas from progressing to that point. I was able to max out the uniques on two of the three bugs. One left to go, then the only roadblock is gear and ooooph is that going to be obnoxious.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Start with Tie Advanced in your linup and a way to protect him (like Biggs). Get Biggs to die, call in Scimitar, put retribution on Tie Advanced, then let those super speed TIE's get countered to death by Tie Advanced. Home One lead works pretty well for this, since Vader will gain protection on each counter.

So long as Biggs is the only ship you lose, easy 3*.
    I think a sufficiently-geared Plo Koon would work better since his taunt is activated, meaning you can time it so he doesn't have to die, and he's decently fast.
  • Options
    Took me 30 tries to beat node normal 5E but on the 30th try i got lucky :)
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

But, yeah, abilities aren't maxed yet and I'm fine not being able to get past 5-E because of that. Abilities sure were sped up, though, with all the free omegas from progressing to that point. I was able to max out the uniques on two of the three bugs. One left to go, then the only roadblock is gear and ooooph is that going to be obnoxious.

So true. I think everyone is just used to having everything maxed ship wise and now we re like 2-3 abilities behind per each ship. Look at the abilities the final ones really make a difference. I stopped using arena tokens for credits and just loading up on prestige. I can’t beat 5e either as of now but not losing sleep over it. Same with the military assault last stage. I beat it once but takes too much time for me to keep trying. But I know I’ll get there as we all will.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

So true. I think everyone is just used to having everything maxed ship wise and now we re like 2-3 abilities behind per each ship. Look at the abilities the final ones really make a difference.

Yeah, man, the 20-omega abilities (Geonosian uniques, 5s unique, etc) are basically on the order of zeta upgrades. They’re hugely important and turn Geonosians into freaking murder machines.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    The last battles are totally misbalanced and this update comes with the totally nonsense Rescaling of Sith Raid rewards.

Surely a lot of good work and it looks just beautiful indeed. The backgrounds are stunning and the whole ships campaign is great, but one can't be happy when this comes surrounded by lies and new whale-loving stuff.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    The last battles are totally misbalanced and this update comes with the totally nonsense Rescaling of Sith Raid rewards.

Surely a lot of good work and it looks just beautiful indeed. The backgrounds are stunning and the whole ships campaign is great, but one can't be happy when this comes surrounded by lies and new whale-loving stuff.

Cool story, bro. Thanks for providing a wet blanket, we'll be sure to make use of it.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Options
    Nic always at least one complainer in a positive post .
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I love the ships... great job devs.
  • Options
    Even if I've already 3* a mission I'll still do the battle in full anyway.

It's like a practice mode away from the indentikit nonsense of arena. Sadly the drop rates are just as stingy as every other type of node in the game but whatever, it made ships fun again.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    lovemat wrote: »
    Nic always at least one complainer in a positive post .

Says the whales....