Priority order to make ships stronger?

jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited June 2018
My ships suck. I mean, I have some decent ships but they have low health and damage. What is the priority order in strengthening health and damage?

Pilot Gear > Pilot Stars > Pilot Level > Mods (mod dots > mod levels?) > Ship level > Ship stars?

For mods, I think I heard primaries and secondaries make no difference, just dots and level?

Ship stars seem to make the least difference for sure, Pilot Gear I hear makes the most, but I really can't seem to beef these bluddy ships up

TIA

Replies

• Options
    I would love to know the breakdown too, like Pilot gear is ~15%, Pilot Stars ~13%, etc. I just don't where to invest first and how much, but I am about to fall out of the top 500 and don't want too.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You are right, mod stats make zero difference. Dots and levels are all that matter.

Also you forgot to list pilot abilities. They contribute as well.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ah you mean purples, Omegas, Zetas, right. Where do you see them fitting in?

My resources are always beyond tight, trying to get best bang for buck
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    Options
    What TVF is getting at is that the pilot's GP is what matters. What makes up the GP isn't consequential (e.g. mod specific stats). Increase pilot GP to enhance your ships.

I wouldn't disregard ship level and stars though. Pilot GP is important but these are important as well.
  • Options
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    What TVF is getting at is that the pilot's GP is what matters. What makes up the GP isn't consequential (e.g. mod specific stats). Increase pilot GP to enhance your ships.

I wouldn't disregard ship level and stars though. Pilot GP is important but these are important as well.

While I don't want to speak for him, I am pretty sure he meant exactly what I pointed too, and what he said, the pilots abilities, aka the ones that you spend purples on etc. GP is just a combo of ALL of the above, what I have done is broke it down into the different parts, since we already know pilot GP is what matters. What I am hoping someone else will do, is post about how much of each PART gets allocated to the actual ship, so we know what makes the most difference
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

While I don't want to speak for him, I am pretty sure he meant exactly what I pointed too, and what he said, the pilots abilities, aka the ones that you spend purples on etc. GP is just a combo of ALL of the above, what I have done is broke it down into the different parts, since we already know pilot GP is what matters. What I am hoping someone else will do, is post about how much of each PART gets allocated to the actual ship, so we know what makes the most difference

It's not a "how much of each part" type of thing..... It's literally just the GP, that's all.... Everything that effects the pilot's overall GP effects the total power of the ship......
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Play around with this for awhile and you begin to get the idea. Hoping for something more concrete though, and this is only pertaining to speed

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/ShipSpeed
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

It's not a "how much of each part" type of thing..... It's literally just the GP, that's all.... Everything that effects the pilot's overall GP effects the total power of the ship......

Yes, but some things are more important than others, that is what this thread is getting at. See the ship speed calculator and OP above. I am pretty sure gear level is more important than star level, etc
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Here you see another interpretation, but this too is too opaque. What is really muddied too is that you can not just make your toon faster to get a ship faster, they had to complicate that too....

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5f433c/explanation_of_how_ship_stats_work_and_data_tables/
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Yes, but some things are more important than others, that is what this thread is getting at. See the ship speed calculator and OP above. I am pretty sure gear level is more important than star level, etc

Whatever gives the most GP boost is what is the most important..... I believe it's gear LVL, stars, mods then pilot level.....
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Whatever gives the most GP boost is what is the most important..... I believe it's gear LVL, stars, mods then pilot level.....

That seems about right from looking at the Cap ship speed conversion, except you also forgot abilities, which seem to fit right around where mods are, maybe just above. Guess it makes sense that the things hardest to obtain make the most difference, with the exception that good mods are **** hard to get!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Ya, that sounds about right......

Farming mods is like panning for gold..... For about every 75 pebbles you get, you may get a nugget.... Lol
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    It is so painful, that I usually break down and buy from the store, one of the reasons I have to make a post like this, so bluddy broke all the time!

So apparently the guy who runs swgoh.com broke it down in this order (in link above):

Gear, Stars, Abilities, Level, Mods. Guess I have a lot of work to do, no easy lunch....
  • Options
    I know mod dot level matters but does mod level matter? For example would a 5 dot level 1 mod contribute to my ships as much as a 5 dot level 15 mod? I have all 5 dot mods on my ship captains but they are mostly throw away mods with no speed secondary that I never leveled.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    nerdballa wrote: »
    I know mod dot level matters but does mod level matter? For example would a 5 dot level 1 mod contribute to my ships as much as a 5 dot level 15 mod? I have all 5 dot mods on my ship captains but they are mostly throw away mods with no speed secondary that I never leveled.

Yes, it matters. They should be level 15.