Mythic is still annoying

Before anyone tells me to suck it up, I 3 starred it last time so just hold your tongue. I have a g12 zzCLS, g12 zzR2, g12 Leia, g11 Chirrut, and g11 Pathfinder. The way I won was simply managing to get the tenacity up before DOTs drained the life out of my team and letting Pathfinder revive, with CLS keeping the 3 dangerous characters stunned. Either that, or Han Solo to stun. I forgot which, I'll try it that way. In any case, my speed mods are like +88 on all except Pathfinder who has full protection and health modding. I just wasted 15 minutes on my first attempt, and the reason I lost? Chirrut didn't have much TM at the start. That's it. I still dropped Vader with the CLS special, but of course Thrawn cleansed and gave him full TM, so even stun would've been useless. I'm just a little annoyed still that instead of strategy, it comes down to RNG. I literally only got to make a single move, and any other move would have still failed to stop Vader from killing my Chirrut off the bat and leaving my Leia with red health for DOTs to crush. Using a team that worked last event (after 3 attempts) shouldn't get completely obliterated because of RNG and starting TM.

Replies

• KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Same boat. 3 stars last time, zzzCLS, zzR2, zRaid Han, and Chaze, all g12. Can’t beat it this time.

Furthermore, I would care about the mythic tier of Military Might a lot more of it offers the same rewards as the first time, but 2 omegas simply aren’t worth the headache.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    fhc4172vol0h.png
    Strange, I ran zzCLS, zHan, zR2D2, Chiruut, Baze, all g12. Beat Mythic first run through.
  • Options
    There. Three attempts. Finally won. But 40-45 minutes for 2 omegas?! What a waste. I know I chose to do it, but still, it shouldn't have come down to such a simple factor as it did. I lost twice but the third time I managed to get tenacity up first and boom, won comfortably. The problem is that despite my best efforts, Chirrut always seemed to end up starting with no TM because of my bad luck ending stage 7.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am soooooo proud of my Baze, he survived a lightning strike from EP, in the mythic fight. Glad he had Chiruut buffs up as well.
  • Options
    My Pathfinder took the Fracture and Culling Blade like a legend. He went down like they did in the movie, sacrificing themselves for allied victory. It's a shame it wasted the better part of an hour :/ a Zeta would've been at least worth that much time.
  • Options
    DarkLord7 wrote: »
    My Pathfinder took the Fracture and Culling Blade like a legend. He went down like they did in the movie, sacrificing themselves for allied victory. It's a shame it wasted the better part of an hour :/ a Zeta would've been at least worth that much time.

Yeah the omega is kinda goofy. Thought maybe a title would drop. Han was a big help with his buffs, they triggered tenacity up, and well.. Winning :)
  • Options
    they must have fixed the event specific special bug
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

?
  • Options

?

The last time this mythic came out the retribution special on the far right hand side would stay with the characters throughout the entire phase, not just each battle as described. So, you'd get like 10 attacks on an AOE counter. Plus you'd get a lot of assists which resulted in probably 50% more damage output per attack.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

?

The last time this mythic came out the retribution special on the far right hand side would stay with the characters throughout the entire phase, not just each battle as described. So, you'd get like 10 attacks on an AOE counter. Plus you'd get a lot of assists which resulted in probably 50% more damage output per attack.

I always forget to use them lol but with CLS lead the counter is built in lol
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

?

The special ability makes it so that when someone attacks out of turn they can call an assist. With CLS lead Rebels this means that if all 5 counter on an AoE then all 5 could call an assist also. It's not too hard to beat Mythic with CLS lead Rebels anyway and the special ability makes it super easy.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

?

The special ability makes it so that when someone attacks out of turn they can call an assist. With CLS lead Rebels this means that if all 5 counter on an AoE then all 5 could call an assist also. It's not too hard to beat Mythic with CLS lead Rebels anyway and the special ability makes it super easy.

Ha! That will teach me to read what is offered. I auto'd the non mythic tiers.

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Tried on alt, without Chiruut, using Wiggs g11, rest as above. Barely finished T4. Not gonna bother with Mythic.

FYI: Zeta reward was/is for First Time only.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Options
    Yeah, I know zeta is only first time. That's why I was saying it's almost not worth doing it after that, I have things to do IRL lol. I just went for a 6.5 mile run in less time than it took to get 2 Omegas haha. If they made it 4 phases, that would be okay. The thing is, if I can auto the first 6 phases and I only need manual to coordinate cooldowns and TM for the final phase, it is kind of pointless. 4 phases would be just as hard, since I don't hear anyone saying "man, that fifth phase got me." It's either they made it to the final, or they couldn't come close.