Ship PvE maps are pretty

I'd just like to say how great the Courascant map looks. Much closer to the ships, great detail, and it looks great as the map rotates. Can we please get more maps that look like this:
158ht57e6r9z.png

As opposed to this:
ha248v34u92w.png

The difference is amazing and the new maps are beautiful. More please :)

Replies

• Options
    I agree. I half expected to see the Invisible Hand fly by on fire in the background on the Corauscant map. xD
  • Options
    It is really beautiful and well done.
  • Options
    100% agree with the above praise. The detailing is amazing and yet the ship encounter remains smooth even at X4 speed. Good job.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The visuals and sounds for this game are simply amazing. Sometimes I wish those developing the actual game play were even half as good as the visual artists and sound engineers.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The visuals and sounds for this game are simply amazing. Sometimes I wish those developing the actual game play were even half as good as the visual artists and sound engineers.

I haven’t played with sound in so long. Is it that good?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I haven’t played with sound in so long. Is it that good?

When I get the chance, I like to play on pc with an emulator, full screen through nice speakers. I especially enjoy the sounds of ship battles. But yes, the sound is well done.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The computer graphics needed an upgrade. Technology has improved since 2015. It's about time they made a significant upgrade.
  • Options
    Yeah the music and backgrounds in this game are pretty awesome
  • Options
    Like the thrawn event when you enter his chambers in the last tier
  • Options
    They do a good job. Just needed an upgrade.
  • Options
    Like the thrawn event when you enter his chambers in the last tier

Thrawn’s suite on the organ is perfect. It’s on a scale of first meeting Captain Nemo in 20000 Leagues.
  • Options
    what the hell? my planets don't look anything like that... they are blocky, ugly things with jerking motions when they rotate.
  • Options
    +1 for this, they're absolutely stunning! Give those artists a raise!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    When I started that Coruscant battle I just stopped and stared for a while. I'm completely in love with it. And now I might have to turn the sound on.
  • Options
    The computer graphics needed an upgrade. Technology has improved since 2015. It's about time they made a significant upgrade.

This got discussed a while back and they want to keep them fairly low because there are still people using phones etc from before 2015 so if you ramp it all up you basically exclude them. Also helps keep the app size small. They did say its not a never ever going to happen thing though
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    When I started that Coruscant battle I just stopped and stared for a while. I'm completely in love with it. And now I might have to turn the sound on.

Try playing with a decent set of earphones...
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I think all the art, in general, has really improved over the past 6-9 months. CG has really stepped up the visual game. As much as I dislike the Sith Raid, it is visually amazing.
  • Options
    weekends i play through an emulator on my HTPC in my living room... big screen, nice speakers etc. Sounds so good, especially the effects in battles. There are some awesome bass effects (trooper depth charges for example) that will give your subwoofer a workout and shake the house lol
  • Options
    Of course it is Thrawn who is appreciating the artwork :P I thought the same. It's funny, your profile picture confused me so much because I had also posted about PvE and you have the same profile picture that I do on Discord
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Agree with everyone else - the art on the new ship battles is superb. Hats off the to the art team!

weekends i play through an emulator on my HTPC in my living room... big screen, nice speakers etc. Sounds so good, especially the effects in battles. There are some awesome bass effects (trooper depth charges for example) that will give your subwoofer a workout and shake the house lol

I bet Slave's "Seismic Charge" sounds sweeeeeet too! That always makes me curse my crxppy phone speakers when I let that bad boy fly.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    jstehly wrote: »
    I think all the art, in general, has really improved over the past 6-9 months. CG has really stepped up the visual game. As much as I dislike the Sith Raid, it is visually amazing.

If you like STR visuals, you should play The Old Republic MMO and see the Dread Masters temple on Oricon in its full glory. It’s stunning. The four phases in SWGoH only show 3 of the 18 backdrops. Phase 3 and 4 is the Dread Masters inner sanctum.
    Post edited by ChickenFett139 on
  • Options
    Agree with everyone else - the art on the new ship battles is superb. Hats off the to the art team!

I bet Slave's "Seismic Charge" sounds sweeeeeet too! That always makes me curse my crxppy phone speakers when I let that bad boy fly.

I'm not getting new art in the space battles, what gives?
  • Options
    LupinIII wrote: »

I'm not getting new art in the space battles, what gives?

Most of the new planets are still in the older style. I think Courascant is the only really different one. You'll see it as you work through the PvE tables. Idk if it's in PvP though
  • LupinIII
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Most of the new planets are still in the older style. I think Courascant is the only really different one. You'll see it as you work through the PvE tables. Idk if it's in PvP though

I got through all the normal tables and hard tables except for 5's hard table... I don't remember seeing any of these new planets. I definitely remember seeing what might have been Coruscant, but it was just the blobby mess of dark colors with orange streaks. 4-6 is Coruscant, I'll go back and do a battle there when I've got some energy (I've blown hundreds of energy trying to get through 5-A hard... screw that battle).

• Options

This got discussed a while back and they want to keep them fairly low because there are still people using phones etc from before 2015 so if you ramp it all up you basically exclude them. Also helps keep the app size small. They did say its not a never ever going to happen thing though

They did upgrade the graphics...
    Isn't that what we are talking about?
    I applaud them. It looks sick.