Fleet battle 5C

Any suggestions how to pass fleet battle 5C? Ran the battle 3 times and never came close. Tried different variations but not seeing any difference.

Replies

• Options
    Maxed ships(g12+3+zeta) and it's still not easy so i guess it's quite impossible for fleets with lower level pilots
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I used fotp tfp and biggs for the front lineup and vader cassian boba reaper as reinforcements. Fotp, tfp have 3 extra gears at g12, vader is at g12, fotp zetaed. Death trooper g12, shoretrooper g10, boba g9, cassian trio g8.
    There was no particular strategy that I've found exceptionally noteworthy but one thing I found was that using squishy ships in the front lineup might be a bad idea. I suggest using fives, imperial tie, biggs as the initial lineup. Enemies tend to target the most vulnerable ship in my lineup during their initial streaks of attacks and my fotp or vader died before having a single turn. This was when my phone nearly met the wall. Also upgrading vader's reinforcement ability to lvl3 and use him as 1st backup if that's available. The offense down really cusions your ships from all the insane dps from enemies.

I got 3stars on all ship nodes yesterday, but I had to fail several times in some of the stage 5 hard battles and normal 5 E. The rest of the normal battles were all cleared on first try but some at 2 stars at first

Difficult nodes: 5F Hard, 5A Hard, 5C Hard, 5E normal
  • Options
    Plus i used 7* executrix (g12+3 gears=170 speed but it feels so slow in some ridiculous stage 5 nodes :)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    5-C normal?

I did everything up to 5-E with Biggs, Vader, and 5s to start. Home One lead. Take out their Biggs first (don’t remember if 5-C has one or not, I finished it on the first try and have simmed it since) and then the rest falls easy. Usually brought Poe off the bench, but brought in Consular if the targets all still have protection.

I know I lost a ship in either C or D, but losing one ship still gives 3 stars so you’ll be fine.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I ran Chimera Biggs Vader TFP + 3*, level 1, gear 1 Maul off of the bench. Heal with Chimera to give Vader offense up, bring in Maul and put retribution on Vader and its gg for the Ties. Someone else posted this idea and I ignored it because I assumed you needed a good Maul, but even my trash one worked.

My only g12 pilots are Thrawn and Vader.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    5-C normal?

I assumed 5-C hard, because normal table 5 isn't difficult until E. As usual it would be nice if people would provide enough information to help though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    5-C normal?

I assumed 5-C hard, because normal table 5 isn't difficult until E. As usual it would be nice if people would provide enough information to help though.

Hmm. Maybe I got the battle wtong then. Sorry. The Vader + Maul cheese works pretty well against the AI in numerous fights though.
  • Options
    Thank you, I will try a different setup. It was 5-C normal, auto ran everything up to this battle and seemed to have hit a road block. I can also try Home One as the capital ship to see if it makes a difference.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    If that fails you just need to work on your ships unfortunately. 5C normal is not difficult for a strong fleet.
  • Options
    I had to use Home One for whatever reason even though It’s my inferior capital ship. Go figure.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I had to use Home One for whatever reason even though It’s my inferior capital ship. Go figure.
    Home One isn't very gear-reliant, is the thing. Like, it definitely helps, to be sure, but it's not as vital as the others.

Your cleanse cleanses whether you're g1 or g12, your AoE is better the more gear you have, but the two pilots that assist will do more damage than the AoE, etc. Plus, while it gets faster with more gear on Ackbar, Home One's base speed is pretty comparable to the other capital ships even with a few levels of difference.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Like some players said here the major obstacle is more likely 5E. My phone almost met the wall as well.
  • Gingle87
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    If that fails you just need to work on your ships unfortunately. 5C normal is not difficult for a strong fleet.

I am consistently top 5 in my shard’s Fleet Arena (as high as #1 several times), and I auto’d Fleet Battles until I hit 5C normal. It IS difficult for some reason for some players or strategies. This type of comment isn’t helpful or constructive; it’s also inaccurate as in my case.

Also upgrading vader's reinforcement ability to lvl3 and use him as 1st backup if that's available. The offense down really cusions your ships from all the insane dps from enemies.

Now THIS is some helpful advice. I hadn’t used Reinforcement Ability mats on Vader since he’s usually in my starting lineup, but I think it could make the difference here. My next reinforcement ability upgrades will be on his ship and we’ll see what happens.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Gingle87 wrote: »

I am consistently top 5 in my shard’s Fleet Arena (as high as #1 several times), and I auto’d Fleet Battles until I hit 5C normal. It IS difficult for some reason for some players or strategies. This type of comment isn’t helpful or constructive; it’s also inaccurate as in my case.

How old is your shard? Fleet ranking doesn't mean much relative to table difficulty if you haven't been playing very long. Neither does your ability to auto up to that battle, since the difficulty of that battle obviously ramps up. But I amend my statement, either you need to work on your ships or change your strategy. Again, this battle is not that hard.

If you want a constructive comment, I personally wouldn't use rare and valuable reinforcement mats on a ship that you use in your starting lineup in arena, just to beat this node. Again, because it's not that hard, and if you can't do it now, you'll do it eventually as you improve your ships.