New chat ruined arena

Since the new chat feature has been released my arena shard has turned upside down. I’ve played for 3 years now and have been top 50 in arena for most of my duration in this game. Since the chat updates, everyone in my top 50 arena has contacted each other and joined the same 4 guilds or so. This is pretty clear and indisputable, as the guilds have the new guild colors in the names. If a developer is listening this is feedback: this update has really destroyed arena and made it none competitive as guild mates watch each other’s backs turning a simple game mode of 1v1 to 4v1. I’m not happy at all... arena climbing is pointless So what is the solution?

Replies

• Options
    join one of the guilds.
  • Options
    That doesn’t really solve the problem of arena no longer being competitive. It used to be a few people were in the same guild, but that number was always under ten. Now it’s got to be 80% or higher. Is that entertaining? Even if I was in one of those guilds there really isn’t a point of challenge in arena. I think this is a big problem.
  • Options
    No no no these are titles not guilds.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Are you sure they didn't just put common prestige titles in place? What are the guild names?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yeah if 'guild name' is coloured then it's not a guild name, it's a title. If you press on the player to open them up then their guild will be shown on the top right.

Funny how the perception of people being in the same guild leads to a belief that collaboration has increased and your personal arena experience gets harder.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    It's interesting how this is a real and serious issue that many people don't take serious. The devs should look into this because if the top arena players are always getting the best rewards, they are less likely to buy crystals since they get so many from their payout, which of corse means the game turns less profit. And that's the only language the devs talk
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    It's interesting how this is a real and serious issue that many people don't take serious. The devs should look into this because if the top arena players are always getting the best rewards, they are less likely to buy crystals since they get so many from their payout, which of corse means the game turns less profit. And that's the only language the devs talk

1) If the 'guild names' are colored the way he says they are, that means they are titles, and not guild names. Meaning they aren't all in the same guild talking it up.
    2) Devs can't stop Line/Discord chats, they might as well allow people to chat while at least using their app so people are happier with the game itself.
    3) 500 crystals ain't buying the $300 worth of a new toon from the latest marquee event to get them to 7*.
  • Options
    Seems to be a lot of people in the guilds 'General' or 'Dark Side Historian' :open_mouth:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ihjudgx6jwkj.jpg
    Dark colors is not guild name, those are titles.

Lighter color matching the color of the name are guild names.

If you dont believe the community at large and think we are not taking this seriously, click on the player and you will see the guild name on their profile page.

You can also see a listing of the titles if you look at your own profile page to and click on the title tab.
  • Options
    I knew someone would bite haha!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Not to mention if your team is set up to defend well and you attack properly you will win and defend your spot. So how is it different if they are talking about you? The only real change would be dropping 1 spot instead of the position swap which imo would make it better.